What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Linda Lappe has resigned as WBB Head Coach

RWAG, I really enjoyed reading your posts. If Rick George leverages football games with CSU to hire a women's basketball coach, I will lose respect. The only way to maintain a profitable AD is to win in football. Allowing CSU to profit off of their fans little brother syndrome once a year does nothing to help CU athletics. There are other great coaches.

I do have to say, except for an obvious exception, I'm thoroughly enjoying the discussion in this thread. As someone who isn't as knowledgable as I should be about the women's team, I'm thankful for the awesome posters we have here.

Well, RWAG got my goat the other day with it's unwarranted insults aimed at Kennedy Leonard and the rest of the CU 2015 freshman class. Now it has insulted me as a fan ... that I have no "sense of the context of the opponents or the other talent in the conference, both for coaches and players". And a few other choice words. I no longer see any reason for me to wade through any of it's term paper length posts.

Well, RWAG got my goat the other day with it's unwarranted insults aimed at Kennedy Leonard and the rest of the CU 2015 freshman class. Now it has insulted me as a fan ... that I have no "sense of the context of the opponents or the other talent in the conference, both for coaches and players". And a few other choice words. I no longer see any reason for me to wade through any of it's term paper length posts.
Concur. I stopped reading there. I follow both teams and think I understand the game pretty well. Also, who cares? Now let's go get a new coach and let this thread die. All love to a great buff in LL though.

Wow... I do not understand the cognitive dissonance in pumping up Ryun Williams over Tad Boyle.

All I'll say is this: Tad Boyle has made NCAAT as many times as Ryun Williams has made the WNIT. Tad has one of 33 programs (10% of D1) to make the NCAAT at least 3 out of the last 4 years. 11 of the teams with only 3 appearances in the last 4 years are going to be out this year (unless some of them upset and win their tournament), whereas CU is in, meaning Tad will have one of 22 programs to make the NCAAT 4 of the last 5 years.

I sincerely congratulate Ryun Williams on his first NCAAT appearance this year.

Having read the Twitter rants until I could no longer take them (and blocking RWAG/aka cohoopzfan) none of this surprises me. However, I will no longer be reading all this garbage, because that is what these rants are.

You attacked Kennedy Leonard and her family the entire season. There was no reason to do that. Your attacks on her were unwarranted.

Now you attack long-time fans. Have no idea of how long you have been around, but you don't know what you are talking about.

I was ready for Lappe to go as this was not working, but I would never, ever attack a player personally like you did RWAG. I know you hurt Kennedy's father and I would not be surprised if you hurt Kennedy. Think before you post.

I do not understand your thought process on Ryun Williams, but I didn't understand your thought process all season.

How do I hide someone?

Having read the Twitter rants until I could no longer take them (and blocking RWAG/aka cohoopzfan) none of this surprises me. However, I will no longer be reading all this garbage, because that is what these rants are.

You attacked Kennedy Leonard and her family the entire season. There was no reason to do that. Your attacks on her were unwarranted.

Now you attack long-time fans. Have no idea of how long you have been around, but you don't know what you are talking about.

I was ready for Lappe to go as this was not working, but I would never, ever attack a player personally like you did RWAG. I know you hurt Kennedy's father and I would not be surprised if you hurt Kennedy. Think before you post.

I do not understand your thought process on Ryun Williams, but I didn't understand your thought process all season.

How do I hide someone?
Did this really happen? It's hard for me to believe someone would really attack a college kid (a promising freshman BBall player, no less) on twitter.

At any rate, you can ignore by clicking on a poster's name, and then clicking ignore:

upload_2016-3-10_17-10-30.png

Today was a first. I have never put anyone on ignore but rwag-thedog got the dubious honor after I read buffgal's post.

I always tried to keep an open mind regarding people here and the wide variety of personalities and opinions. However his were way over the top.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Did this really happen? It's hard for me to believe someone would really attack a college kid (a promising freshman BBall player, no less) on twitter.

At any rate, you can ignore by clicking on a poster's name, and then clicking ignore:

View attachment 18992
Unfortunately it did. He attacked Leonard to the point the even Jamee Swan tweeted him to stop. Several parents including Leonards called him out for his false and personal attacks. Several parents and players asked that he stop. Brian Howell even called him out multiple times for his ungrounded and personal attacks on Leonard. I think ultimately Brian blocked him from his twitter.

Ditto. The general anti-CU tell was the irrelevant attacks on Tad Boyle encapsulated in posts supposedly about CU WBB. Every weirdo eventually has a tell.

View attachment 18992

Sadly it did happen and as stated above both Brian Howell and CUWBB blocked RWAG/cohoopzfan.

Thank you for teach me how to ignore somebody. It's a first on this forum. Should have known it was coming when I realized who it was. I have blocked them on Twitter.

This is now a very pleasant thread to read as we wait to find out who our next head coach will be.

I figured that RWAG has such hard on going for the CSU Coach, I might as well post a name of someone who actually would be probably the best damn X's and O's coach CU could get, he has probably forgotten more than most have ever learned. I know he would never take the job, but it would be worth CU's while to bring him on as a consultant/advisor. Plenty of people on this board know the kind of athletes that Sterling and NE Colorado produces is no where near the talent level that the front range gets, but it he won despite that.

http://www.southplattesentinel.com/2013/07/parkers-history-strong-womens-basketball/

Also, he was an early adopter of electronic stats keeping in the early 90's, no other team was doing computerized stat keeping when he started (at least none that he played).

This is now a very pleasant thread to read as we wait to find out who our next head coach will be.

On that note - who are some names that we should be looking at? I'm assuming this timeframe means we could be waiting a bit as we may be talking to assistants on teams that are dancing, so I'm curious to see what some of you guys are thinking so far?

I think it came up one other time on here, but serious question: Does gender of the new coach effect fanbase? I'm on board for best coach possible, but I do wonder if we hire a male coach if that alienates a portion of it.

I think it came up one other time on here, but serious question: Does gender of the new coach effect fanbase? I'm on board for best coach possible, but I do wonder if we hire a male coach if that alienates a portion of it.

I can't speak of the male vs female aspect of it, but I really hope we don't hire a retread from the men's game. Get someone who has coached women's basketball dammit.

Biggest risk to this process taking time is the impact on recruiting and retaining current players. JuCo nationals are either this weekend or next and you have a pair of NCAA viewing weekends in April. That coupled with the uncertainty for the current players and the '16s that have signed is a concern.

Last edited:
Two candidates that I would like to see considered for the head coach position are Jennie Baraczyk from Drake and Raegan Scott Pebley from TCU. Both are winning head coaches at the D1level and are proven successful recruiters. Baraczyk was the lead assistant for Lappe's first two years and was instrumental in bringing in players like Jen Reese, Jamie Swan and Arielle Roberson. Pebley played at CU under Ceal Barry and gone on to success at Utah State, Fresno State and now TCU. This is the type of applicant we need, experienced winners who know how to run a program.

Last edited:
Here is the list I would start with...

My pick would be a Niele Ivey type...good pedigree, has learned how to win big games at Notre Dame, everyone in WBB knows her name. Only worry would be what happens when Muffet McGraw steps down, Coach Ivey would be one of the names brought up to coach Notre Dame.

Copying this from post #38 to return the conversation to some ideas of possible replacements. Lin Dunn, who's tweet is embedded is a long time (40+ year) WBB coach at both college and pro levels. She retired from coaching a few years back and now does coach consulting. So she is a very knowledgeable source. I believe, in a follow-up tweet, she added another name... Assistant by the name of Kaye from Stanford if memory serves.

I can't speak of the male vs female aspect of it, but I really hope we don't hire a retread from the men's game. Get someone who has coached women's basketball dammit.

Did someone make the Abatemarco joke already in this thread, or can I be the one? He coached WNBA

I do not want a coach who has been coaching men. I want someone who has been coaching women. I do not care if it a male or female. I want the best possible coach for this team.

I would not mind either Baraczyk or Pebley. However, we'd have to make Baraczyk an offer she can't refuse as she said Drake was her dream job. She was pregnant when she took the job at Drake and has since had another baby. Both she and her husband are from the Des Moines area and parents are doing a lot of babysitting when she and/or hubby are out of town.

Pebley took the Utah State program from nothing to something. The sport had been discontinued when she was hired. In 9 years at Utah State, they went to the WNIT the final two seasons. On to Fresno State and two 1st round losses in the NCAA tourney. Then to TCU. Last year the team lost in the 2nd round of the WNIT. TCU's overall record this season is 16-14 in the always tough Big 12 tourney. Didn't pull off any upsets during the regular season and lost to Kansas in the 1st round of the Big 12 tourney. IMO, that was an upset.

Last edited:
Copying this from post #38 to return the conversation to some ideas of possible replacements. Lin Dunn, who's tweet is embedded is a long time (40+ year) WBB coach at both college and pro levels. She retired from coaching a few years back and now does coach consulting. So she is a very knowledgeable source. I believe, in a follow-up tweet, she added another name... Assistant by the name of Kaye from Stanford if memory serves.

Stanford assistant is Kate Paye. Long Stanford pedigree. She was actually born at the Stanford Hospital, both parents attended Stanford. Paye is the big recruiter for Stanford.

I'd love the assistant from Notre Dame, Niele Ivy. She's the big recruiter for Notre Dame.

Although I would like to see the AD find a new head coach quickly in order to potentially do some recruiting this spring I think it's important to think of the long term and do a thorough job of finding and exceptional candidate that is going look at CU as a final destination. If that means the process stretches on for a month so be it.

I am wondering if the hiring of a search firm to assist in the process means the AD is willing to consider an accomplished D1 coach who might cost a fair amount to pry loose from her/his current position as well as a salary. Or could it be to find an assistant with a lot of experience who really is ready to take CU in to the top 20.

Thinking of recruiting, after retaining the current crop of freshmen it would be great if she/he could land Grandview's senior-to-be Michaela Onyenwere. She a tremendous athlete and apparently a top 50 prospect nationally. At this point probably a challenge as it's likely she's getting attention from near and far.

Although I would like to see the AD find a new head coach quickly in order to potentially do some recruiting this spring I think it's important to think of the long term and do a thorough job of finding and exceptional candidate that is going look at CU as a final destination. If that means the process stretches on for a month so be it.

I am wondering if the hiring of a search firm to assist in the process means the AD is willing to consider an accomplished D1 coach who might cost a fair amount to pry loose from her/his current position as well as a salary. Or could it be to find an assistant with a lot of experience who really is ready to take CU in to the top 20.

This is what I am hoping and hoping some more.

Back