What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindy's preseason top 25(WBB)

BeBe

Club Member
Club Member
Has Colorado at #12. Methinks that's a bit high with Chucky graduated and no clear replacement for her but I like the respect after making it back to the NCAAs last season.

That's a stretch, IMO. Hopefully the team learns to handle success and expectations after failing that test in the Dance last year.

Wow, would love that, but count me in the group that wants to see how they replace Chucky before I pencil them in that high.

Good point Nik. It's one thing to win as the underdog but quite another to win consistently when you are expected to win.

Wow, would love that, but count me in the group that wants to see how they replace Chucky before I pencil them in that high.

Yeah. I'm not sure I even have them Top 4 in the Pac-12.

Yeah. I'm not sure I even have them Top 4 in the Pac-12.
Lindy's has them as #3 in the PAC. Cal at #3 overall and Furd at #5 overall. Then CU, and UCLA at #23. I'd have UCLA higher and CU lower.

Almost everybody worries me every year. But that's my hangover from the KMM years when we lost games we should have won and didn't seem to know how to hold on to or build on a lead.

I would think that ranking is merely based on last year's final poll and not on any real expectations for this year. It will be very difficult to rate this team before the entire nonconference games are in the books. Looking at this year's schedule, I see no games of national importance until Louisville and you can bet that Louisville will be ready to avenge that loss in Boulder last year, for certain. I really expect this team to take a step backwards this year, unless a few key players improve much more than I think they can. However, if Jen Reese is all the way back from that eye injury and Jamee can play with discipline this would allow Arielle to play off the basket and more like a wing, which is what she really is, they could really show improvement on offense, which is what they need.

I would be shocked if Lindy's was the home to any serious women's basketball analysis. Would anyone who knows for certain consider this report better, worse, or no different than something coming from BleacherReport.com?

What keeps coming up for me in attempting to figure out the level of success for the women this season is the departure of Ky Weston. With the graduation of Chucky, she seemed to have the inside track to starting at the point. Yes, she didn't have a ton of minutes last season, but she seemed to have the stuff that would make her a solid point guard.

Now that she is gone it appears that the Buffs will start Brittany Wilson at the point with freshman Desiree Harris and perhaps Lexi Kresl as backups. In my mind this is the biggest area of concern. Lappe has stated she feels Wilson's best spot is at the 2 guard. Obviously Harris has no college experience and Kresl's best position is on the wing. Although the Italy trip provided no competition for the Buffs hopefully it gave the coaching staff a sense of who is ready at the point.

Where CU should be tough this season is up front. Someone else wrote that Ariel's best position is on the wing and I agree. She would make a difference playing primarily at the 3. Swan and Reese at the 4 and of course Hargis at the 5. This group should be solid defensively and at least 3 of them will be able to score regularly.

Defense and rebounding + turnovers will dictate the # of victories this season, just as it did last season.

And no, the Buffs aren't the #12 team in the nation going into the season. But making the NCAA tourney again should be an expectation for this group.

Back