1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link to Coach Mac talking now

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NYbuffDIEHARD, Sep 18, 2012.

1. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

LOYALTY!! :gobuffs:

3. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

"Stick this thing out together, circle the wagons and stand with these guys. This thing is going to spring forward at some point"

Oy vey

4. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

not working for me...
    edit: nevermind

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Matt McChesney´s response on Twitter "We aren´t getting attacked by indians"

6. Dunken

Dunken Member

what a joke, same one liners, just a different coach for the one liners to follow after getting our asses kicked......

7. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

All I've got to say to coach Mac is that Embree has the rest of this season to prove us wrong.

8. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Whatevers...

9. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

I've heard that entire speech, in one form or another, at least 4x from him.

10. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

the sermon or the link?

11. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I know, and it's sad. It's getting to be a little like "Mac escaped from the nursing home again and held a surprise press conference before we could find out"

12. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

We don't need to circle the wagons. We need to block and tackle better and put the players in better situations.

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I need better drugs to survive this season.

14. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'd prefer not to hear any Mac bashing. As I've said before, he believes in "positive thinking." That is what made him who he is. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with him, for sure. But be respectful, as most of you are.

Swish likes this.
  15. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I'd prefer not to read about losses to FCS teams or 69-14 beatings at the hands of middle of the pack MWC teams. And yet, here we are. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with Mac about this....

17. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I wish McCartney wouldn't do this. Why does he need to say anything, at all? I wish he would just quietly go about his life and his business and not try to jump in the middle of the CU coaching / football situation.

At the same time, I wish the media would just drop it with him, too. Quit going to McCartney or Barnett or Dave Logan or whomever every time something happens with the CU football program. All these people are in the past. Let them stay there.

Jens1893 likes this.
  18. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Mac was there today to promote the "Parade of Buffs" event. The idea of the event is great and
    if CU could of been 3-1 once next Thursday comes it would have been a fun gathering. I'm all
    for more events like this to drum up support. It's a real shame the Buffs will more than likely
    be 0-4. Nobody, Mac included wants what's happening now. I glad I'm not in his shoes right now because
    I don't know what I would say.

People can complain all they want and I'm one of them but Mac still earns respect
    for what he accomplished. Anything less is bull****.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  19. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Solid post. Disagree if you want. I think I'm going to start dropping neg reps for people who cross the line.

20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I don't see much bashing.

21. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

who's bashing?

Mac is not the risen christ.

i love Mac and he's earned the right to pontificate about the program. he's the best coach we ever had and he's real life hero of mine. but, not every word from his mouth is the gospel, worthy of transcribing onto stone tablets.

he's got an OPINION. just like our fans here. his opinion certainly should carry more weight, given his experience and stature, but we will allow all reasonable opinions on this site, even if someone's opinion happens to disagree with Mac.

22. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Embree & EB were Mac's choices, there's not anything else he was gonna say other than "stick with them, this is gonna turn around". But, I'm tired of hearing the same old company line of needing to circle the wagons, stick together, have patience, ... It's all wearing extremely thin.

23. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I don't either. I liked Mac's speech...he's a great speaker...almost got me hopeful again. But then I realized we are the worst team in the nation and will be for the foreseeable future and I came back to earth.

24. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

One squishy engineer on the whole ****ing planet, and Allbuffs got him. How does that happen?

sweaty teets and leftybuff like this.
  25. DBT

Hey, now! Unfair! You didn't post the entire post! I said I have no problem with people disagreeing with him! I disagree with him, but I love the guy.

26. DBT

Yeah, I know. I've got some sort of engineer personality disorder. You should see my Meyers-Briggs assessment. ESFP. Extroverted Sensing with Feeling. :lol:

27. DBT

And I also said most weren't. I just didn't want, or don't want it to go there. Thats all.

28. DBT

How about Dave Logan as next HC? :wink2:

29. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

As some may remember, I was a HUGE advocate for Mac and bringing in Embo and EB as his right hand men. Maybe that would not have worked, but I was definitely, and still am, a big fan of Mac.

But the time has come for him to step away. It is clear he has an agenda that is driven by this desire to see an, as he puts it, African-American Coach succeed at CU. Honestly, I think that motivation, while coming from noble impulses, has clouded his judgment.

He should sit down and be quiet because his meddling has caused, to a large degree, the catastrophic failure we are witnessing. After watching that game Saturday, there is NO WAY this staff can turn it around. If they could, they would have done something to avoid that total fanny whipping at the hands of a MWC also ran...which I might add came on the heels of two other completely embarrassing performances on national TV. These guys, for whatever reason, don't have it. I wish that were not true.

30. DBT

I think his feelings about an African-American coach are two fold. He has a heart for seeing African-American men succeed and be role models. He also believes, I think, that an African-American coach could recruit lights out to CU which has kind of a lilly white rep.