What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Live from Kansas City...

GoldenBuff

Club Member
Club Member
It's the extremely belated GoldenBuff post-game report. I know we have a million threads about yesterday already but since I'm the only one on the board actually in KC right now, I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

I have to admit, I'm still in some measure of disbelief from our win yesterday. This is my 4th trip to the Big 12 tourney and we've NEVER won 2 games. Apart from the awesomeness of yesterday's win, from the program building/NCAA tournament side, this also means that the band gets to stay until at least tomorrow morning,which beats the hell of having to get on the bus back to Boulder at 6:00 last night.

Now, on to brass tacks. I was extremely nervous going into yesterday for all of the obvious reasons and when we walked into the sprint center and we saw how much purple there was in there, that got even worse. We started off very well and managed to keep it close early on but I still just kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. We seriously could not buy a call yesterday. I remember seeing someone talk about the officiating yesterday in another thread and I can tell you, it was TERRIBLE. We had at least three phantom traveling calls that I have no idea where they came from. How can you possibly travel if you're getting mobbed by two or three defenders and can't even move? Also, the ref who called it couldn't even have seen his feet from that angle (in that particular instance) and I know because the band is basically courtside.

Also, early on, we were getting called for a lot of ticky tack stuff that seemed like some very obvious home cooking for the kitties. I was worried how the team would respond, especially considering our history with road games. They hung on though, and by the last 5 minutes of the game, I began to quit looking for the giant, hope crushing shoe to come down and burst our bubble. I know that Higgins and Burks got the lion's share of the points, but it is impossible to overstate the impact Roberson had yesterday. He absolutely silenced things a couple times with some absolutely MONSTER blocks. I cannot wait to see what he'll do next year. With a healthy Harris-Tunks back and a more developed Ben Mills, he won't have to have to play out of position anymore and that will do wonders for his production I think.

There are no words to describe the feeling with a win like this. Being able to swagger around KC in my Buffs gear knowing we're giving the Big Tex the sendoff it deserves is next to no other fan experience I've ever had (and knowing I'm going to be doing some more traveling soon doesn't hurt either).

One final note, if you're a Buff fan in KC and you're reading this, you need to get to the Sprint Center today and cheer LOUD! My only complaint about yesterday is that our fans just seemed bored. There was hardly any cheering for the Buffs at all and they only get fired up when we go out of our way to get them up. This is the single most awesome thing to happen to Buffs basketball in almost 10 years and they're sitting on their butts eating popcorn? I call BS on that. So step it up fans, and GO BUFFS! I think we have a 50-50 shot of punching our ticket to the finals today and I promise you that the band will be doing its damndest to get us there.

From Kansas City, this is GoldenBuff reporting.

:gobuffs:

You guys are sounding awesome on radio and tv. Keep it up the team needs your guy's energy. Hopefully since they got to sleep in today the team will be well rested and ready to go. I just wish we coulda brought the whole band out there. Seeing this program evolve into something it hasnt been for a long time would be great to see first hand.

Great write-up dude; it's always good to hear from fellow bandies. I remember those Big XII trips fondly (mine were all to Dallas), and I'm glad to hear those good times continue. In one trip you've seen more wins from the men (2) then I saw in 3 trips (1 in '03). Keep playing loud and proud, cause you guys sound great on the broadcasts!

If you think there was home cooking yesterday, wait for the real job from the refs today. The Big XII wants/needs KU to make the final, and they certainly wouldn't want departing CU to one-up their precious Jayhawks. Regardless how it goes today, wear that gear, if only to shove it in their faces that we're crashing their party.

GO BUFFS!

Hey, if you run into the Governor of Mizzou, give him our love and tell him "buh bye."

How's the Liver holding up?

Quite well actually. As for the rest of the band... well, you know the story. I'm not really much of a drinker normally and I usually drink about as much on this trip as I do in the rest of a typical year. I only had one drink last night and I actually wish I hadn't. One of my fellow tubas decided we should do a shot of rum when we got back to the hotel. Bad idea. The sailor did not leave a good first impression. That being said, I think tonight is going to be one of those epic nights that people will speak of the reverent tones on future trips. If there's one thing the band is good at, it's living by its motto: "Win or lose, we still booze!" Either situation is going to warrant A LOT of drinking.

Quite well actually. As for the rest of the band... well, you know the story. I'm not really much of a drinker normally and I usually drink about as much on this trip as I do in the rest of a typical year. I only had one drink last night and I actually wish I hadn't. One of my fellow tubas decided we should do a shot of rum when we got back to the hotel. Bad idea. The sailor did not leave a good first impression. That being said, I think tonight is going to be one of those epic nights that people will speak of the reverent tones on future trips. If there's one thing the band is good at, it's living by its motto: "Win or lose, we still booze!" Either situation is going to warrant A LOT of drinking.

For sure. You guys cant come home with extra per diem that would be frowned upon :)

For sure. You guys cant come home with extra per diem that would be frowned upon :)

In '03, after Mookie hit the shot to beat KSU and extend our tournament stay, the powers that be realized that they had shorted us in per diem when we arrived in Dallas. Not only did they give us money for the next day, but we got back pay as well. If I remember right, my envelope had like $115 in it. Obviously I tried to spend it all in one night. It was glorious.

Back