What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LOL at the Wall of Winners for 2010

What's the point of this thread, to laugh at our kids? I'm not a sunshine pumper, but the PLAYERS need our support.

I agree and am getting sick of the ****ing bull**** bashing these kids. The numbers could be bogus, but you don't know that. Horrible post boulder buff, you should be ashamed of yourself!

God I'm getting so sick of the attitude of fans. By the way, it's funny that you laugh at the players because I know for a fact a lot of them look at these threads and laugh at the fans.

Last edited:
for many, including myself to a degree, i think the apparent inflation of 40 times suggests the same divide between talk and action, or bluster and truth, that has characterized this program under Hawk. getting better, improving, needs to be more than saying you are doing it.

talk about how physical we are, about the new downhill run game, about being funky, best summer workouts since i've been here, best spring practice, about being electric on special teams....etc. clearly examples where the truth and the talk have not been commensurate.

many are tired of the aesthetic, cosmetic sheen that the Hawkins era seems to rely upon. because those glossy cosmetic touches don't give us much on Saturdays.

16-33.

Last edited:
for many, including myself to a degree, i think the apparent inflation of 40 times suggests the same divide between talk and action, or bluster and truth, that has characterized this program under Hawk. getting better, improving, needs to be more than saying you are doing it.

talk about how physical we are, about the new downhill run game, about being funky, best summer workouts since i've been here, best spring practice, about being electric on special teams....etc. clearly examples where the truth and the talk have not been commensurate.

many are tired of the aesthetic, cosmetic sheen that the Hawkins era seems to rely upon. because those glossy cosmetic touches don't give us much on Saturdays.

16-33.

Well said Mick. I don't think anybody is making fun of or dissing the players here, IMO people think the numbers were fudged, especailly where 40 times are concerned. I tend to agree. Poor timing equipment? Possible. Wishful thinking on the timers part (i.e. a slow push to the start button and quick push of the stop) sure. However it happend, I don't think the players had control over it.

The NFL combine link says it all. It is extraordinarily unlikely those numbers posted would be in any way comparable to what would happen in a timing atmosphere like the combine.

BTW, what activity was it the Wall of Winners had won at? I assume better measurables on their speed strength tests, no?

Well said Mick. I don't think anybody is making fun of or dissing the players here, IMO people think the numbers were fudged, especailly where 40 times are concerned. I tend to agree. Poor timing equipment? Possible. Wishful thinking on the timers part (i.e. a slow push to the start button and quick push of the stop) sure. However it happend, I don't think the players had control over it.

The NFL combine link says it all. It is extraordinarily unlikely those numbers posted would be in any way comparable to what would happen in a timing atmosphere like the combine.

BTW, what activity was it the Wall of Winners had won at? I assume better measurables on their speed strength tests, no?

Juicebox thinks we all are winners and everybody gets a trophy

I always get a kick out of the freak outs from the "protecting the players" faction of posters here. Some of you should go into politics... you have the manufactured outrage thing down pat.

Is BB laughing at the players? Highly doubtful. Have a lot of people here overreacted to his post? Absolutely.
The thread title was a poor choice of words. Then there is no mention of Hawk or any other coach in the first post. So I can see how people thought it was directed at the players. I thought it was a bit harsh but being here for going on 3 years I did not take it that way. I've seen BB go after people before but not bashing players. Having said that I'm glad to see so many in this thread with a passion for the team to do well still burning.

I always get a kick out of the freak outs from the "protecting the players" faction of posters here. Some of you should go into politics... you have the manufactured outrage thing down pat.
If you want to bash kids that are not trying or you feel they've quit fine. If you are bashing kids who are giving all they have that's BULL****.

I agree and am getting sick of the ****ing bull**** bashing these kids. The numbers could be bogus, but you don't know that. Horrible post boulder buff, you should be ashamed of yourself!

God I'm getting so sick of the attitude of fans. By the way, it's funny that you laugh at the players because I know for a fact a lot of them look at these threads and laugh at the fans.

Great, everyone is laughing!

Numbers may be inflated, but look at this way: Clemons finished with the fastest WR time, so at least we can assume he is faster than what we had before. Can't wait to see him on the field. I assume we can add Patterson in there too since he is billed as speedy.

At least one fast receiver and one fast potential returner? More than we have had in a while. I am excited.

Numbers may be inflated, but look at this way: Clemons finished with the fastest WR time, so at least we can assume he is faster than what we had before. Can't wait to see him on the field. I assume we can add Patterson in there too since he is billed as speedy.

At least one fast receiver and one fast potential returner? More than we have had in a while. I am excited.

Damn you and your cool-headed logic! There is no room for that here!

I think we've beaten this to death, never-the-less, do people really think that Hawk and staff went "our guys are too slow, let's shave some time off those 40's so we look faster" ?

No one's making fun of the players. And they didn't outright fake any numbers. The numbers aren't bogus per se, they're just finessed to ensure the best result is what makes it into the media release. These numbers have gone the way of media guide numbers where everything is inflated just that little bit. You should look at Mizzou's spring numbers, I think 80% of their team runs a sub 4.4 according to their "wall of winners".

I'm sure the numbers are 'legit' in that they are real, but the 40 times are probably taken on an indoor rubber track, not exactly the grass surface at Folsom. It's probably safe to assume that these guys will run .2 to .3 seconds slower on a grass surface, which puts their speeds right about where I'd expect to see them. They're also probably hand timed and why not just take the best number rather than average a few different timers.

The weight numbers are also finessed, I don't care if you can squat 800 lbs... that's great, it's probably a 1 rep max lift. Show me that you have the endurance to be able to squat 300-400lbs 30, 40, 50 times which translates more to an actual game situation where you're pushing a lineman around all half. But that's a different argument entirely.

Last edited:
Fans have absolutely have a right to be critical of their program in my opinion - as long as we don't get too personal with them. I'm disappointed by looking at this chart. I expect a lot from Pittman in getting our kids stronger - there's some good numbers, but then a large dropoff on certain parts. I don't get the 40 numbers either. Game speed is what counts though, and we're definitely not that fast on the field. I hate Pittman...I want him gone. I think he teaches bad form in lifts, insufficient/incorrect conditioning, and overall our team looks slower. I know this has a lot to do with how the players react on the field (from coaching), but ever since Doc Kreiss left, I've been disappointed with our physical performance on the field.

These numbers are as real as any other program's bs numbers. If the players believe they are fast maybe they will play faster than we have seen in the hawk era. I just wanna win. So tired of all the negativity and losing. I haven't drunk the koolaid and I think we are likely headed for a very tough year but I remain hopeful. That is what fans do. They hope against all reason that this will be the year. Every year. Lol.

I'm not a fan of bashing players, and I understand some of the upsetness here, but where were all these outspoken defenders when Cody was getting trashed in here for the past 2 years?

They have no room to laugh. They won three games last year. They should get off the message boards and play football. If they won games, I wouldn't care if they laughed at me to my face. No one was making fun of them in this thread. We are making fun of the obviously *wrong* 40 times (not all). If they show that kind of speed on the field that will be awesome! I'll wait to see it.

You're sick of the attitude of the fans and I'm sick of the attitude of the coaches and players. The fans have shown up to the games the last 4 years. The coaches and players have only shown up to about half of them.

Great, everyone is laughing!

Pretty sickening, isn't it?

Yeah, I kind of doubt that BB is bashing the kids, but rather the absurdity of the numbers.

But haven't we had enough negativity around here? LOL? Rolling eyes... Do some of you REALLY need to turn every thread into your own personal vendetta against the ZenMaster?

Back to looking at the numbers and one of the small factual tidbits of data we have to discuss:
Take them as relative and they tell me some things. Mahnke can scoot and jump. West, Kasa, Herrod are some impressive athletes. Solder is a man. Richter can bench a DL into submission. DB numbers and WR numbers are looking the best in years (forget they are all wrong by some fixed percentage).

BTW, I saw that they ran these indoors on a hard surface or something. If they are off by .15 seconds, who cares? Half the schools in the country by the way inflate everything they report. Very few guys ever run close to their "best time" at the NFL combines.

They have no room to laugh. They won three games last year. They should get off the message boards and play football. If they won games, I wouldn't care if they laughed at me to my face. No one was making fun of them in this thread. We are making fun of the obviously *wrong* 40 times (not all). If they show that kind of speed on the field that will be awesome! I'll wait to see it.

You're sick of the attitude of the fans and I'm sick of the attitude of the coaches and players. The fans have shown up to the games the last 4 years. The coaches and players have only shown up to about half of them.

Pretty sickening, isn't it?

To be fair, the players have shown up to every game. The problem is that a surprisingly (and depressingly) large amount of them just liked to show up hungover.

No real news here, most programs massage the numbers so to speak. Someone mentioned Speedy's bench, I wouldnt be surprised at all if he maxed what it said. His arms are like a foot long so the weight dont have to go far. Solder, on the other hand, has to move it a block or so lol. When it comes down to it, I could care less about their maxes and 40 times. It dont mean dick unless it translates to some w's.

So it turns out I should have never posted this thread. I deserve to be bashed some, even though I honestly was not laughing at the players. I know exaggeration of 40 times goes on everywhere, I just think it is strange that we finally decided to do it here this season. Oh well, this thread was honestly intended to be light-hearted, but I understand why others see it as a slam on the players.

So it turns out I should have never posted this thread. I deserve to be bashed some, even though I honestly was not laughing at the players. I know exaggeration of 40 times goes on everywhere, I just think it is strange that we finally decided to do it here this season. Oh well, this thread was honestly intended to be light-hearted, but I understand why others see it as a slam on the players.

hmmm. Your post seriously lacks in over the top reaction and thoughtless hatred towards everyone who doesn't think like you do. What a ****ing let down.

To be fair, the players have shown up to every game. The problem is that a surprisingly (and depressingly) large amount of them just liked to show up hungover.

This could be true, but I hope it isn't. I do know that I've seen the players come out in games with no enthusiasm or energy or any sense of urgency. I don't know if it was a team leadership issue, or a coaching issue, or what, but it needs to be fixed. I wish they would play every game like it's their last. Frustrating.

hmmm. Your post seriously lacks in over the top reaction and thoughtless hatred towards everyone who doesn't think like you do. What a ****ing let down.

Yeah seriously BB. The players are laughing at you. Pussy.

This could be true, but I hope it isn't. I do know that I've seen the players come out in games with no enthusiasm or energy or any sense of urgency. I don't know if it was a team leadership issue, or a coaching issue, or what, but it needs to be fixed. I wish they would play every game like it's their last. Frustrating.

The attitude of not giving a **** certainly came through wayyy too often.

Back