What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi: "CU very interested in Bobby Petrino"

She must have a good ass or something, I'm not seeing how special she is. I don't know if I trust a man that can't even drive a bike. Maybe she was giving him a hand job, that's an excuse at least.

Damn, I hope not. Look at his face. I'm sure there are worse things, maybe even a lot of them, but thinking about road rash on my dick is making me squirm.

What's stopping Bohn from including clauses in Petrino's contract for termination with cause where the school wouldn't be on the hook for Petrino's buyout?

Every contract includes that language. Firing Petrino is the least of Arkansas' worries. All those people who applied for the job that his mistress got probably have pretty good claims against Arky (and there were 100+ applicants). THAT is the civil liability I'm talking about.

And what state did he leave them in?

Kentucky and Arkansas respectively.... :smile2:

Petrino is a great coach. And he doesn't have NCAA baggage. Those are things Bohn could sell. But I'm afraid "the scandal" is still a bit too recent to be able to sell anybody with a sex scandal in their recent past to the powers that be in Boulder.....

Kentucky and Arkansas respectively.... :smile2:

Petrino is a great coach. And he doesn't have NCAA baggage. Those are things Bohn could sell. But I'm afraid "the scandal" is still a bit too recent to be able to sell anybody with a sex scandal in their recent past to the powers that be in Boulder.....

Is that something a "don't make an ass of yourself or termination without buyout" clause can't handle?

Bohn is playing the media masterfully imho. Floating tons of names, but no actual details, and I'm betting we've heard little to nothing about the main candidate.

Well said and I have been thinking this all along. Bohn has been the master of keeping things quite on big issues. PAC move. Firing Embree. My guess is there is a name we have not considered heavily that is the one he is after. Not saying we do not have a profile on the next coach, but it would not be out of the question if he surprises us all with this hire.

Damn, I hope not. Look at his face. I'm sure there are worse things, maybe even a lot of them, but thinking about road rash on my dick is making me squirm.
Yep that pussy better shoot sparks out your ass looking like that. Looks like he got a mafia beat down.

we have interns too

1) Are they blonde?
2) Do they like motorcycles?

Is that something a "don't make an ass of yourself or termination without buyout" clause can't handle?

Probably. It's a problem before he ever gets there, let alone before he does anything wrong. The press would run with it as an excuse to dredge up 2002 again, not to mention the sharks that are already out for the blood of whoever replaces Embree. It can easily turn into a round of bad PR CU doesn't need.

Not saying I'm against it just because of that, but you know it has to figure into Bohn's thinking....

Every contract includes that language. Firing Petrino is the least of Arkansas' worries. All those people who applied for the job that his mistress got probably have pretty good claims against Arky (and there were 100+ applicants). THAT is the civil liability I'm talking about.

Petrino can simply be barred from making those hires. The man made a mistake and deserves a second chance. Bohn is the one who will not have another chance if the next coach fails. Might as well shoot for the stars if I was Bohn.

We need to push the evenlope here.

BINGO!

Again, Bohn would have to have massive balls to hire Petrino.

Bohn's denial to Ringo, if false, could just be payback for Ringo's BS over the last few weeks...

If he wanted to get back at him, it wouldn't a direct quote. He'd give him the scoop off the record, Ringo would report it with a "sources close to the situation" tag, and then Bohn would drop the hammer. Regardless, that's not what happened, and I doubt Mike would be playing those games right now.

Petrino can simply be barred from making those hires. The man made a mistake and deserves a second chance. Bohn is the one who will not have another chance if the next coach fails. Might as well shoot for the stars if I was Bohn.

I respect you man but one mistake? He left a memo for grown men that get paid to play. You can have him man, makes him a punk in my eyes.

I never said he shouldn't get a second chance. I just don't see it happening at CU.

There are a lot of jobs out there. He can go rehab his image at one of the smaller schools, and work his way back up the ranks, much like Water Bottle can go do - if he so chooses.

I understand the dude has some personal baggage, but he has no NCAA issues and he is a winner. I think he has learned his lesson too. Would be huge for us.

Holla dolla! I'm perfectly fine with my coach being a scumbag if he can recruit the south and give the buffs and sec mentality

Um, ok...

For the people who think this is a good idea, I point you to a few things:

1. Very system-oriented coach who tends to take defensive recruiting lightly.
2. Complete control freak. Basically controls every aspect of coaching.
3. He will leave CU high and dry. And then we have to deal with points #1 and #2.

Are you looking for a 20 year guy? That was Neu, Hawkins, and Embree. One ran away, and the other two sucked. Coaches dont seem to stay anywhere for longer than 5-10 years anymore. They usually get fired or they find a new home. The only guys that have hung around that I can think of is Stoops, The guy at TCU, and who? And would leaving us 'high and dry' be any higher and dryer than we are right now? Probably not.

Petrino is lucky his wife let him keep both! Don't believe he will be welcomein Boulder. He will end up at Auburn where they don't care who or what you screw as long as you win.

This is mentality of hearts and minds that we need to change.

She must have a good ass or something, I'm not seeing how special she is. I don't know if I trust a man that can't even drive a bike. Maybe she was giving him a hand job, that's an excuse at least.

Yep that pussy better shoot sparks out your ass looking like that. Looks like he got a mafia beat down.

Married man is limited to who is interested in him. You cant really go shopping. There is no way that could not have not ended badly for him. The question is when did the consummate the relationship; before or after he got her the job?

What's stopping Bohn from including clauses in Petrino's contract for termination with cause where the school wouldn't be on the hook for Petrino's buyout?

Nothing. Remeber Vance Joseph?

Krieger and Vic going at it on twitter....

Kyle Ringo @KyleRingo 1h
CU AD Mike Bohn on Bobby Petrino rumor from @VicLombardi: "That's absolutely not true. We're not hiring Bobby Petrino. You can quote me."
View details ·

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 53m
@KyleRingo It's not a rumor Kyle. Bohn clearly denied it, but it's no "rumor".
View conversation ·

Dave Krieger @DaveKrieger 36m
@VicLombardi @KyleRingo Sure it is. Until you provide some attribution, that's exactly what it is. Journo 101.
View conversation ·

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 32m
@DaveKrieger Do you attribute names to all your sources? Don't be bitter, Dave.
View conversation ·
Dave Krieger @DaveKrieger 13m
@VicLombardi Your tweet mentioned no source, Vic. That would be attribution. Got no dog in the fight. Just reminding you of the rules.
View conversation ·
Vic Lombardi
@VicLombardi

@DaveKrieger Didn't realize you we're in charge of rules. Is that what you do now?

Um, ok...

Are you looking for a 20 year guy? That was Neu, Hawkins, and Embree. One ran away, and the other two sucked. Coaches dont seem to stay anywhere for longer than 5-10 years anymore. They usually get fired or they find a new home. The only guys that have hung around that I can think of is Stoops, The guy at TCU, and who? And would leaving us 'high and dry' be any higher and dryer than we are right now? Probably not.

This is mentality of hearts and minds that we need to change.

Married man is limited to who is interested in him. You cant really go shopping. There is no way that could not have not ended badly for him. The question is when did the consummate the relationship; before or after he got her the job?

Nothing. Remeber Vance Joseph?
Does it matter? If you haven't got enough trim, don't get married. Pretty simple to me. I can't really get around this as a dad. HC's are leaders of young men, is this who you want?
My answer is no but I would support their call if they go that route.

Everyone will have their opinion about Petrino but suppose Petrino is actually hired at CU, would that keep everyone off of Benson and DiStephenso's backs for awhile about whether they were serious about football or not?

Will the hiring of a mid-major head coach send a signal that CU is serious about football even if it includes facilities?

Back