What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi: "CU very interested in Bobby Petrino"

Sports media in Colorado may be worst in the nation. Having lived in 7 states, there is just no comparison on their level of disgust for each other, the local universities, and the residents. It's really bizarre.

Petrino is lucky his wife let him keep both! Don't believe he will be welcomein Boulder. He will end up at Auburn where they don't care who or what you screw as long as you win.

Are you saying Auburn takes its trees seriously enough?

I'm not looking for a 20-year guy. I'm looking for a guy who can stabilize the program and leave it much better than he found it (consistent winning records). Petrino is not a stabilizing force.

I'm not looking for a 20-year guy. I'm looking for a guy who can stabilize the program and leave it much better than he found it (consistent winning records). Petrino is not a stabilizing force.

I don't know, he can rattle off a couple 8-9 win seasons before being poached for a bigger job. At that point CU will get some buyout money from whoever hires him, we'll have a team winning more than 1 game a season and presumably more talent than we do today. Short of leaving us with NCAA sanctions, I think it's pretty likely that we'd be better off after 3 years of Petrino than we are now.

Having said that, I still think this rumor is bogus.

Hiring "crash" would quickly change the current conversation about CU sucking, race... "Crash" would also fit in well the Pac 12's other recycled scumbag coaches: Lane, Pirate, Richrod, Graham. (I actually include Mora, Jr. as a scum too, b/c I didn't like how he conducted himself in Seattle)

Everyone will have their opinion about Petrino but suppose Petrino is actually hired at CU, would that keep everyone off of Benson and DiStephenso's backs for awhile about whether they were serious about football or not?

Will the hiring of a mid-major head coach send a signal that CU is serious about football even if it includes facilities?

I don't think we have to hire Petrino to prove that. Rolling the dice is the worst play here. Have to be right this time, we can't afford to fail. I'm thinking these guys might finally get that. Honestly, I didn't think they had the balls to fire Embree. I was wrong.

(Didn't read the thread.)

Petrino would be shocking on so many levels. Just don't see this happening and I don't think Lombardi has this one correct.

You have to respect the AD a bit, they have taken some shots. They are backing their position so far, it got my attention. I didn't think they had it in them. What you guys think?

If it happened, I would hope that he would still be wearing his neck brack to the intro presser. Would make for immediate gold for saved images.

I said it earlier but I don't really see much of a difference between Booby P and Saban other than Saban has had a bit more success.

If Saban decided he wanted a challenge and came to CU would we have an issue with it?

This seems to me like saying you wouldn't **** Cindy Crawford because of her mole.

I'd love to see Petrino save us for a couple of years, and I'm pretty sure we can hire a "volleyball player."

I'd still hit it, how old is her molely ass now? She was it back it the day, damn age is very real lol.

I'd still hit it, how old is her molely ass now? She was it back it the day, damn age is very real lol.

Made me a Pepsi drinker. :lol:

[video=youtube;B02DGmkqDDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02DGmkqDDU[/video]

Back