What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi: "CU very interested in Bobby Petrino"

I said it earlier but I don't really see much of a difference between Booby P and Saban other than Saban has had a bit more success.

If Saban decided he wanted a challenge and came to CU would we have an issue with it?

This seems to me like saying you wouldn't **** Cindy Crawford because of her mole.

It would be hard for me to hire Petrino if I was in the AD position. It would be hard for me to approve that hire if I was the Chancellor, President or Regent.

Petrino has lied to his last 3 employers and left all 3 organizations in shambles they didn't quickly recover from... despite the fact he won a bunch of games. If you hire Petrino, you know exactly what you will get. He will win a lot of games for a few years. Then, he'll leave in a way that becomes a crazy national story. After he leaves, the problems he has left behind within the organization are not ones that someone else can deal with and you're right back to a rebuild.

It's kind of sad that we've reached the point where I know a lot of you read that and think -- "It would be worth it." :lol:

I think you roll the dice on Petrino. Even if you only get 4 good years out of him before he goes back to the SEC. What he leaves will be better than what he is inheriting. Not to mention you might get to keep his OC as the new head coach.

I am for him or Tressel. That is all that is on my list. Tressel is a distant 2nd.

Hiring "crash" would quickly change the current conversation about CU sucking, race... "Crash" would also fit in well the Pac 12's other recycled scumbag coaches: Lane, Pirate, Richrod, Graham. (I actually include Mora, Jr. as a scum too, b/c I didn't like how he conducted himself in Seattle)

And the two nicest coaches in the Pac-12 South are from Utah and CU which are the two weakest teams in that division.

And the two nicest coaches in the Pac-12 South are from Utah and CU which are the two weakest teams in that division.

Exactly. We tired hiring the candidates that would fit in with the Boulder CU culture and they did. See "those people" (not black people but the sterotypical Boulder types) don't want the university to have a football team. They are close to getting what they want. Let's stop with the appeasement and hire the person that will piss them off the most.

After Lombardi's tweet, Bohn is quoted by Ringo and Henderson as saying Petrino won't be CU's next coach.

Does CU need to hire a big name coach to get the attention of recruits?

Will a mid-major coach enable CU boosters to open up their paychecks for facilities? Bdzelik was a big name for CU and got the practice center built for basketball & volleyball.

Which coach can turn the Buffs around in one season? I'm getting desperate for a winning season and if you count the last ten seasons, don't we have only two winning seasons in that time span? I'm sick of losing.

If hired I want American Chopper (TV show) to build him a bike. It could be one of the funniest reality tv moments ever!!

It would be hard for me to hire Petrino if I was in the AD position. It would be hard for me to approve that hire if I was the Chancellor, President or Regent.

Petrino has lied to his last 3 employers and left all 3 organizations in shambles they didn't quickly recover from... despite the fact he won a bunch of games. If you hire Petrino, you know exactly what you will get. He will win a lot of games for a few years. Then, he'll leave in a way that becomes a crazy national story. After he leaves, the problems he has left behind within the organization are not ones that someone else can deal with and you're right back to a rebuild.

It's kind of sad that we've reached the point where I know a lot of you read that and think -- "It would be worth it." :lol:
Let's break that down a bit - and you may have more information than me on the subject.

+ In terms of Louisville, he lied about being interested in other jobs. How many times do we see this? That would make Bohn (and many other AD's) liars in terms of their ongoing support of their coaches.
+ For the Atlanta Falcons - that was a disaster. He probably did the team a favor walking out rather than forcing them to buy him out. People didn't like that he didn't finish out the season, but he really did do everyone involved a favor and admit that the NFL experiment wasn't working.
+ Arkansas - well - that needs some careful thought. He was caught red-handed trying to cover up an affair and hired his mistress into a mid-level job - and lied multiple times in the process.

I agree the last point would need careful consideration, but unless there is more to the story on points 1 & 2, I would dismiss them as being outweighed by his amazing success as an OC and HC the past 18+ years.

Sounds like Lombardi has bad info this time. But Bohn did say he was "shooting for the stars" on this one

If hired I want American Chopper (TV show) to build him a bike. It could be one of the funniest reality tv moments ever!!

No way it can be funnier then when that girl spit on New York on Flavor of Love. Just sayin' that the bar has already been set.

Espn seems to know we have no money. How many excuses does Embree need? He sucked and got fired, it had happened before. He doesn't get a first chance if not for CU. I don't see this standard u speak of either.

Espn seems to know we have no money. How many excuses does Embree need? He sucked and got fired, it had happened before. He doesn't get a first chance if not for CU. I don't see this standard u speak of either.

Except we have money...otherwise we wouldn't be throwing $2.5-3M at a new coach.

Back