What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Longhorn Network Contract

Oh Christ! Can we just get to the shenanigans part?

Wally said shenanigans!!!!

0467872_13357_MC_Tx360.jpg

Wally geared up for Afghanistan...
"Good enough to f(&% Tini's motherrrrrr!!....."
Super-Troopers.jpg

So you're looking for a holster that will go with this "uniform", right?

Wally geared up for Afghanistan...
"Good enough to f(&% Tini's motherrrrrr!!....."
Super-Troopers.jpg

So you're looking for a holster that will go with this "uniform", right?

Bulletproof cup, huh? I invented this gag, Rabbit. Only in my day, the rookie got naked.

My first post here and yes im a nub fan so with that being said. I dont see Missery going to any conference but the big 10, but could be wrong. I feel more sorry for you guys because you know who will be joining you're confernece. They wont go indy no matter how much they may want too.

My first post here and yes im a nub fan so with that being said. I dont see Missery going to any conference but the big 10, but could be wrong. I feel more sorry for you guys because you know who will be joining you're confernece. They wont go indy no matter how much they may want too.

This post would be better served on a Mizzou board.

Nobody is joining our conference kthanks.

i think MU should get over the Big Ten and look into the Big East along with KU. crap, MU could actually be a player in the BE instead of a perennial sidecar. plus, that fanbase completely overrates themselves as a basketball power....they could wank a bit that way for a BE move as well.

they just a psychological shift....from wanting to be a Midwest Heavy (smirk).....and see the new landscape. for whatever reason, the Big Ten people i know seem to have a special disdain for Mizzou....not sure why, but they don't take them seriously.

Nice try but I agree with Greg. I think Texas gave up all their leverage and went with the LHN and its just not possible now but don't take my word for it.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...bohls/entries/2011/07/27/no_pac12_for_te.html

“I think you could certainly imply that, with the news that we’re going to announce tonight,” Scott said in a phone interview from Bristol, Conn. “The Longhorn Network would be certainly a huge impediment.”

Nice try but I agree with Greg. I think Texas gave up all their leverage and went with the LHN and its just not possible now but don't take my word for it.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...bohls/entries/2011/07/27/no_pac12_for_te.html

“I think you could certainly imply that, with the news that we’re going to announce tonight,” Scott said in a phone interview from Bristol, Conn. “The Longhorn Network would be certainly a huge impediment.”

Whoooohooooooo!!! Music to my ears!
Good to know that Scott considers the Horns a dead deal.

Whoooohooooooo!!! Music to my ears!
Good to know that Scott considers the Horns a dead deal.

But, but, but...it can't be dead! You see, over on huskerpedia they say Texas is gonna go to the Pac 12 right after Shawn Watson takes over head coach duties at CU, so you stick that in your pipe and smoke it, mister. huskers have spoken...

Don't feel sorry for us, whatsyourname, we'll be just fine. You enjoy your trips to West Lafayette and East Lansing and we'll hang out in the Pacific Northwest drinking exceptional beer with our conference-mates who won't include the longhorns for the forseeable future.

At this point I think Texas would be more likely to join the Big 10 than Pac 10.

^^^This.

This option was being openly discussed when the whole conference re-alignment thing started - in factseemed to be headed this way until Larry Scott dropped the Pac-16 bomb on everyone and upped the ante.

The new dirt today is that if Texas A&M ever left (which apparently isn't actually going to happen anytime soon), Texas would look to replace them with another school to fill out the Big 12 conference.

UT is apparently absolutely in love with the current situtation - I can't say I blame them.

However, being a moderate Texas fan, I hate it. I want a tough schedule and conference championship game.

The new dirt today is that if Texas A&M ever left (which apparently isn't actually going to happen anytime soon), Texas would look to replace them with another school to fill out the Big 12 conference.

UT is apparently absolutely in love with the current situtation - I can't say I blame them.

However, being a moderate Texas fan, I hate it. I want a tough schedule and conference championship game.

Yes, I think it would take multiple schools leaving at once for the conference to collapse. If TAMU left, I could see the B12-2 just picking up BYU, or AFA, or Boise. If TAMU and OU leave, then you might see the collapse.

when has UT ever played a tough schedule? what they have now is essentially a SWC schedule, local OOC patsies and only diff is OU is a conference game instead of non-con. OSU and MU are trade-ins for whichever SWC team was "pretty good" whether it was SMU or Houston, etc,

when has UT ever played a tough schedule? what they have now is essentially a SWC schedule, local OOC patsies and only diff is OU is a conference game instead of non-con. OSU and MU are trade-ins for whichever SWC team was "pretty good" whether it was SMU or Houston, etc,

They usually always have cupcakes - that's what dissappoints me. I want them to play a tough schedule, so that the games I get to watch here in Austin are good - and not over by the 2nd quarter. Last year was actually more fun for me because many of the games came down to the end (even though UT lost). My friends who went to UT hated it, but i loved the action.

They usually always have cupcakes - that's what dissappoints me. I want them to play a tough schedule, so that the games I get to watch here in Austin are good - and not over by the 2nd quarter. Last year was actually more fun for me because many of the games came down to the end (even though UT lost). My friends who went to UT hated it, but i loved the action.

They're starting to schedule a little better actually (since the Big 12 is even lamer now I'd have to guess). Next year they play Ole Miss (not great), the year after they play Ole Miss and BYU, 2014 BYU and Arkansas, and 2015 Cal and Notre Dame. So it's getting better.

They're starting to schedule a little better actually (since the Big 12 is even lamer now I'd have to guess). Next year they play Ole Miss (not great), the year after they play Ole Miss and BYU, 2014 BYU and Arkansas, and 2015 Cal and Notre Dame. So it's getting better.

Yea it was fun to have Ohio State here a few years ago, and UCLA last year.

Actually Dodds has been on the record as wanting the entire conference to schedule better to help TV, and he's been backing it up with who they have put on the schedule lately...of course a more sinister read is that they are prepping the schedule for an indy run.

7. Rebuffed by Texas Tech, Baylor and Oklahoma State, Texas and its ESPN partner have approached Kansas State as a possible second game to be broadcast on the Longhorn Network this fall. As of now, only the Rice game will be shown on the network, assuming it finds some carriers. Asked to confirm KSU as a partner, Dodds texted that Texas is "looking at all of our home games."

http://www.statesman.com/sports/9-things-and-1-crazy-prediction-1744914.html

Back