What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looked a lot better than what I saw over the past half decade.

You guys are making me agree with JRK, shame on you. He's right, a flash isn't making a couple of nice passes, at least not in my book. Our senior QB shouldn't be having "flashes" of good throws. At the very least, we shouldn't be excited about said "flashes". Our OL blocked pretty well on a few plays, I suppose they had a few "flashes" as well? **** flashes. Consistency is how we win games in college football, not ****ing flashes vs Hawaii.

yo white rabbit. base this whole season of this game. going on the road against a legit team and qb that is about to break the NCAA passing record. we were under dogs for a reason. give it time. WERE GOING TO WIN SOME GAMES THIS YEAR. stop being a negative bitter old man and change your frame of mind.

:lol: ? I'm 25, but alright. I like your reasoning, though. I need to change my mind because getting plowed by Hawaii is a great start to a WONDERFUL season? I'd rather we just call it like it is. We're going to struggle to get wins this season. As of right now, I can only see certain wins against CSU and WSU. Beyond that, we're going to probably be underdogs vs everyone. Which is fine in your mind, because we're underdogs for a reason. We suck is the reason, but apparently saying it makes me a bitter old man.

dam if we got plowed tonight i wish i coulda seen yo ass after the missouri game. we played like dog sheet and were in 2 min offense for the whole game and didnt get beat that bad like in the hawk years.

do you have anything useful to say

creatini your my boi son

Your my boi son?

What are you straight out of the hood or just one of those metrosexual hipster wannabe delinquents who thinks it's cool to talk like that?

It's fitting that you've chosen 'tini as your butt buddy, you two are intellectual equals. Just get off of Embrees d*ck, they looked terrible tonight and lost by 17 to a team from the WAC. Maybe you missed it because there was a certain bodily fluid in your eyes?

Are you creatini's bff or something? You're probably the dumbest kid to ever post on here. Do I have anything useful to say? I've been attempting to critique the game on here, what the **** are you doing other than acting like another loss is no big deal. I'm going to guess you weren't around when we got plowed by Mizzu, I'll save you the time of searching for it and tell you I was pretty upset, just like I am every single time we lose. Losing makes me mad, losing seems to relax you, interesting.

losing also makes your irrational.
sorry didnt know optimism wasnt allowed here. if you wanna b**** about us when we lose and praise us when we win go to a team like alabama. cause the team dont need this right now.

JRK.... hahahhahaha man you funny. look like we see who white rabbits butt buddy is.

Yeah, JRK and I are best buds. You got us nailed. He's not on my ignore list or anything right now, but I respect him a whole hell of a lot more than you because he at least backs up what he says. You argue like a 15 year old that just showed up last year. Were you even a CU fan when Hawk became coach? Were you a CU fan when Texas and Oklahoma made CU their bitch? Frankly, I'm tired of losing. I'm not demanding Embree gets fired or something, I'm just upset because I bought into the hype and thought we'd beat Hawaii. Hell, give me a few days and I'll probably be predicting a win vs Cal.

I'm just upset because I bought into the hype and thought we'd beat Hawaii. Hell, give me a few days and I'll probably be predicting a win vs Cal.

your an idiot stop bitching then.

been a buffs fan longer than you. and am more of a fan then you, you pessimistic f*** can guarantee no one on the team would want to hear the the s*** your saying... your a poser and a hypocrite. typical california f***

:lol: got me all figured out huh? Wait so, I'm an idiot because I bought into the hype and thought we'd win. Therefore, you thought we'd lose? So.. you're actually the pessimistic one? Interesting.

I'm glad to hear your fan level exceeds mine. You might be right that nobody on the team wants to hear what I'm saying. Unfortunately for them, Embree and his coaching staff are probably saying exactly what I and others are right now. Embree doesn't accept losing like you do.

People from California are posers and hypocrites? Can you elaborate on that? What am I posing as? What am I a hypocrite of?

i never said anything about us losing. maybe you should of understood that things dont change in a heartbeat. thats your bad. we were all excited and expecting a win. but there was a difference in tonight game vs a hawk game. we get beat much much worse in a hawk game. your the one that is stupid and dont understand that these things take time. coach mac said it himself. wish i could of saw your ass after mac lost cal and wyoming in his first games which were at home.

i havent been pessimistic at all.

Neither have I. I have been realistic, does that count? Seriously, if you're going to call me stupid can you at least spell things properly? It makes me feel extra dumb to be called stupid by someone that doesn't know if it's there, their, or they're.

I didn't say things changed in a heartbeat. How about 9 months? That's a couple of heartbeats. The difference was that the team we beat handily last year with Hawk as our coach just plowed us. Ask your boi creatini if we should have beaten Hawaii. I heard they lost a few starters and were vulnerable.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Because you cite Mac losing to Cal and Wyoming as if you were around then, leading me to believe you're DBT age. You then tell me to stop fronting on you and say that creatini is your boi, so that makes me assume you're 12. It's hard to figure out.

Yeah we lost, but it was on the road in Hawaii... That kind of thing happens there.

D looked good, they make 3 more tackles on a slippery QB and we win hands down. It was nice to see the pressure they put on though. Very promising if they can build on that. It will lead to turnovers if they keep that up. Game should have been tied late with that pick6 and the whole thing would have changed. Can't miss those critical tackles either.

Overall this looked like a real football team. I didnt see any gimmicky stuff and that alone will lead to a couple wins this year.

They didnt show Embo during the kick but I doubt he turned his back when the frosh nailed his first kick.

Definetly something to build on here, but definetly something to work on for the staff too!

I thought they were in the game more than the score indicated. But a good team finds ways to force those critical moments to go their way. A pro style offense starts with the QB, and for a senior, I was underwhelmed by Hansen. If he is doing this by game three I think the should play one of the younger guys. Start working towards the future. It's going to be a long season.

Yeah we lost, but it was on the road in Hawaii... That kind of thing happens there.

D looked good, they make 3 more tackles on a slippery QB and we win hands down. It was nice to see the pressure they put on though. Very promising if they can build on that. It will lead to turnovers if they keep that up. Game should have been tied late with that pick6 and the whole thing would have changed. Can't miss those critical tackles either.

Overall this looked like a real football team. I didnt see any gimmicky stuff and that alone will lead to a couple wins this year.

They didnt show Embo during the kick but I doubt he turned his back when the frosh nailed his first kick.

Definetly something to build on here, but definetly something to work on for the staff too!
Oh, and if the old regime were still here, this thing could have turned into another Toledo easily. Instead we were a dropped pass away from a tie toward the end.

Do you realize that last year with Hawkins we beat Hawaii by 20 points? How exactly did we look better tonight then in previous years?

You really want to give credit to the team because we didn't get blown out? Last I checked we should be beating unranked teams from the WAC and if we are going to lose we certainly shouldn't be patting ourselves on the back because we "only" lost by 17. You make it sound like we just got unlucky, if you would just wipe Embree's jizz out of your eyes you would have noticed that the team played like crap. Man up and have some pride. Winning is what matters, there are no positives to take away from this. The team's never going to be satisfied with a loss, there's no reason why you should be either especially when it comes to a team from the WAC. The only thing missing from your post was "well it looked like the boys all had fun and that's really what matters." Here's some advice, go cheer on intramurals, brotha, it would suit you well. And FYI your entire post sounds exactly like the crap Hawk would say in one of his press conferences after a loss. Ironic huh.

Last edited:
Yes the defense was good in spots, but I am not one to say it was a bright spot. it was a spot I guess, but how can we give up long run after long run to a guy who doesn't run? There were no adjustments and the guy killed us all day long with his legs. And how many times did he waltz into the endzone untouched? Good lord. And I have never seen a team rely on 1 guy to make a tackle more in my life, like on that 57 yard run for score. Hartigan missed him and there was NO ONE even close to making a play. Where is the gang tackling? where are the linebackers? Not to name names but #31 looked lost out there. And our secondary in slow, not that this is a surprise but the gashers are going to kill us all year long, once through the first wave of D there is no one back there to recover. Ugh I'm depressed.

I honestly think our punter was the bright spot of the game, and that means we're in trouble. I liked the aggressiveness of the D, but it obviously cost us with Moniz running wild. Pisspoor tackling is a concern. Pisspoor offensive production, especially in the running game is a huge concern. Count me as someone that saw more of the same out this team last night as what I've come to see the past 5 years, and that's depressing.

Here's hoping that our coaches (with their vaunted NFL experience) can make some adjustments and we'll see improvements against Cal.

It's weird to back JRK, but I gotta in this thread. Were there some good things? Yeah. But in every game for the last five years there were some "good things". We need more of them.

Do you want to dispute what I wrote?

It takes a first class dumbass to declare that the team looked good and showed "flashes" in a 17 point loss to a WAC team.

Kiss my ass, no one said that... You are clearly just looking for someone to argue with. We lost, if you want to pout, that is OK, but don't act like we had no chance of winning this thing. All I am saying is that this team looked far more organized in this first game of the season, than it did at the end of any of the last few years under the old regime.

Kiss my ass, no one said that... You are clearly just looking for someone to argue with. We lost, if you want to pout, that is OK, but don't act like we had no chance of winning this thing. All I am saying is that this team looked far more organized in this first game of the season, than it did at the end of any of the last few years under the old regime.

Timbuff, have you met our Stoudt-Award-Winning-Troll of the Year? JRK, this is Tim, Tim please meet JRK.

The aggressiveness by the D was easily the brightest spot. Even the penalties they got weren't stupid like in previous years, they were born from being aggressive.

As for the corners, I thought Orms looked legit out there, especially for a 1st game.

Disagree. The late hit by Polk that put UH in scoring position was bush league bull****. That's not the kind of leadership you need from an upperclassman playing on the road.

Disagree. The late hit by Polk that put UH in scoring position was bush league bull****. That's not the kind of leadership you need from an upperclassman playing on the road.

About the penalties. I'm normally the last guy to blame the refs for anything. In fact, I haven't pointed out too many bad calls since the offensive face mask against Miami in the early 90s.

But today I'll be the first.

That thing with Polk out of bounds, looked more like a momentum issue than a personal foul. I could be wrong, but at first I thought he was trying to hold him back, not push him.

The personal foul on Orms was a real headscratcher. Really? The whistle hasn't blown and Orms stops him from getting forward yards? Their helmets never touched.

Finally, I never saw holding called on Hawaii, but I felt as thought I saw a lot of holding.

Would it have made a difference? probably not (maybe). Should the coaches and team take responsibility for the loss? Absolutely.

About the penalties. I'm normally the last guy to blame the refs for anything. In fact, I haven't pointed out too many bad calls since the offensive face mask against Miami in the early 90s.

That thing with Polk out of bounds, looked more like a momentum issue than a personal foul. I could be wrong, but at first I thought he was trying to hold him back, not push him.

The personal foul on Orms was a real headscratcher. Really? The whistle hasn't blown and Orms stops him from getting forward yards? Their helmets never touched.

Finally, I never saw holding called on Hawaii, but I felt as thought I saw a lot of holding.

Would it have made a difference? probably not (maybe). Should the coaches and team take responsibility for the loss? Absolutely.

Agree on all points. I also got the sense that the Hawaii coach was a personal friend of a couple of the refs the way they were constantly bullshitting and laughing it up on the sideline...

Not the reason for the loss, but it was still annoying as hell.

This one was a tough call. I don't think the flags get thrown if that cheerleader or equipment chick doesn't get rocked

This one was a tough call. I don't think the flags get thrown if that cheerleader or equipment chick doesn't get rocked

If he'd been thinking, Polk would have proposed to her and all would have been forgiven.

Just one of the many reasons it's difficult to win in the islands - you think the WAC is going to pay real cash to fly refs from the mainland out there? When we had UH season tickets in '07, even while rooting for Hawaii, there were many a headscratching time when calls would go Hawaii's way and even as a fan you'd say "WTF?"

As for the no-call holding - nothing new from '07 - how do you think Brennan amassed all those yards? Anyway - poor officiating is not the reason we lost.

Finally - great thread, would read again.

I knew Polk was going to get called. The guy was a good step out of bounds and Polk gave him an extra shove. The refs also called the celebration penalty against the UH QB which was a bad call as was the Orms call. But the refs had zero impact on the outcome.

Back