What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to 2015

Remember when we used to argue if it was lame if the students rushed the field after every win? How bad do you want us to start winning again so that can be our biggest worry?

IF this team cannot win a single PAC 12 game this year, CU needs to part ways with MacIntyre ASAP at the end of this year. With 1-17 in the PAC 12 in two years, poor recruiting, very bad and declining attendance and a staff full of WAC level coaches, there is no point in continuing this charade if he cannot win a single game in the conference in his second year. One the JE recruits are largely gone, in 2016, I am very worried about this team really dropping off again, if MacIntyre is still the coach, which I doubt will be the case.

IMO, he is likely gone either the end of this year or next. Much more likely next. But, why wait, given the very substandard recruiting? I trust Rick George to hire a real BCS-level coach this time around.

Our talent level on paper says we should get blown out every game. Coaching is why we have been so close to winning.

We had a noticeable speed difference out there yesterday too. The gap is closing and I think its a combination of the top of the Pac not being as dominant and the bottom teams are getting much much better. I don't think the talent gap is as big as you guys think.

Let's see how the last six games play out before pronouncing the talent gap closing.

Let's see how the last six games play out before pronouncing the talent gap closing.

Saw a pretty noticeable gap in talent between their RBs and TEs and our outside LBs and DEs.

We are getting much better in some areas but are still waaaaaaay behind in some others. Still much better than we were a couple years ago when we had very few guys who would even dent a two deep at almost any other PAC schools.

I'm really concerned for ST next year. Relying on a freshman to handle kicking and punting is scary to me.

Keeney needs to be a weapon for us.

DBs look strong. Might even have some depth there too.

LBs are really concerning. Gillam healthy is an absolute must.

I'm really concerned for ST next year. Relying on a freshman to handle kicking and punting is scary to me.

Keeney needs to be a weapon for us.

DBs look strong. Might even have some depth there too.

LBs are really concerning. Gillam healthy is an absolute must.

Worrying about special teams a year in advance is folly. Special teams is all about athletes. You put your fastest game breaker back to return and you out your fastest guys who can tackle and block on coverage and returns. You add a kicker and a punter you can believe in, along with a long snapper and you are ready to go. We suck at special teams for 2 reasons : 1. We are slow and don't have enough athletes and 2. Neinas is incompetent.

Both can be fixed in a hurry. You want to worry? Worry about linebackers, tight ends, d line, and running back. We need more athletes. Special teams with anything approaching competent coaching just needs athletes.

Worrying about special teams a year in advance is folly. Special teams is all about athletes. You put your fastest game breaker back to return and you out your fastest guys who can tackle and block on coverage and returns. You add a kicker and a punter you can believe in, along with a long snapper and you are ready to go. We suck at special teams for 2 reasons : 1. We are slow and don't have enough athletes and 2. Neinas is incompetent.

Both can be fixed in a hurry. You want to worry? Worry about linebackers, tight ends, d line, and running back. We need more athletes. Special teams with anything approaching competent coaching just needs athletes.

Well, I'm assuming we'll have a new coach for ST and we might be decent in the areas you describe, the kicking and punting part is what concerns me. We're relying on a guy that's currently playing high school football.

It's always hard to turn down the money but these things are never that simple. Players have to ask themselves things like do they have a better chance of making the league if they stick around another year, when will they make more money, can they improve their measurables by sticking around, etc.

At the same time what they think of the next season's team does matter. We are talking about life changing decisions. If a kid is balancing the advantages of one year against another it can make a huge difference what they think the year will be like staying.

You're talking about a kid deciding whether staying in school or declaring would be better for his pro prospects which I agree with. I totally disagree that any kid (who would otherwise be drafted) would elect to stay because next year's team might be better than .500 for a change.

In short there is simply no way that our performance this year (or prospects for next year) is swaying anyone who would otherwise go pro into staying.

You're talking about a kid deciding whether staying in school or declaring would be better for his pro prospects which I agree with. I totally disagree that any kid (who would otherwise be drafted) would elect to stay because next year's team might be better than .500 for a change.

In short there is simply no way that our performance this year (or prospects for next year) is swaying anyone who would otherwise go pro into staying.
I'm with sink. The only reason to come back and risk the injury and no nfl career is for something very special, like an mnc or heisman. And even then it's a very tough call.

The league drafts on potential (especially true for kids who leave early), so as long you've shown that potential, the odds of seriously moving up in the draft are pretty long. No reason to stay if you're confident of a paycheck next year.

Next year looks better but **** that, we need to win now. I know what y'all are thinking, I'm guilty too. However, a few wins to close out this year would be big going into next.

IF this team cannot win a single PAC 12 game this year, CU needs to part ways with MacIntyre ASAP at the end of this year. With 1-17 in the PAC 12 in two years, poor recruiting, very bad and declining attendance and a staff full of WAC level coaches, there is no point in continuing this charade if he cannot win a single game in the conference in his second year. One the JE recruits are largely gone, in 2016, I am very worried about this team really dropping off again, if MacIntyre is still the coach, which I doubt will be the case.

IMO, he is likely gone either the end of this year or next. Much more likely next. But, why wait, given the very substandard recruiting? I trust Rick George to hire a real BCS-level coach this time around.

WHO THE HELL WOULD COME HERE IF WE FIRE A 2ND COACH AFTER YEAR 2?!?!?!

The thinking in that is absolutely asinine.

I understand being frustrated with results. I understand wanting the improvement to result in more numbers in the W column. I understand being restless. But WTH would any BCS coach want to come here and try to rebuild a program when we are only going to give him 2 years?

WHO THE HELL WOULD COME HERE IF WE FIRE A 2ND COACH AFTER YEAR 2?!?!?!

The thinking in that is absolutely asinine.

I understand being frustrated with results. I understand wanting the improvement to result in more numbers in the W column. I understand being restless. But WTH would any BCS coach want to come here and try to rebuild a program when we are only going to give him 2 years?

233 is one of the 5 clowns is a broken down car who think that Embree should still be the coach. Everything he post is in that context.

He can't figure out the difference between a game that is still competitive and games with an average margin of loss over 28 points per game, that are only that close because teams went out of their way to not embarass us more.

Just keep grinding that axe, dude. I'm sure there's like, two or maybe three people who agree with you.

233 is one of the 5 clowns is a broken down car who think that Embree should still be the coach. Everything he post is in that context.

He can't figure out the difference between a game that is still competitive and games with an average margin of loss over 28 points per game, that are only that close because teams went out of their way to not embarass us more.

Not to mention per the margin of victory of our opponents under the previous coach (who I admired as a player), as those opponents who were boot stomping us within an inch of complete and utter destruction, they were playing the 3rd string by the 4th qtr.

In other words it was much uglier than the stats even suggest.

BTW, pretty sure Fresno State is still scoring on us? That was the moment I saw the writing...... MAC II ROCKS!

Not to mention per the margin of victory of our opponents under the previous coach (who I admired as a player), as those opponents who were boot stomping us within an inch of complete and utter destruction, they were playing the 3rd string by the 4th qtr.

In other words it was much uglier than the stats even suggest.

BTW, pretty sure Fresno State is still scoring on us? That was the moment I saw the writing...... MAC II ROCKS!

As a player, assistant coach, humanitarian and as a man. Embree was put in a position as HC where a lot of more qualified guys would have failed. I actually blame him less for his failure than I do Bohn, Benson and DiStefano. It was a horrible spot to be in. To ask a HC to learn on the job in that environment? Unforgivable.

That said, things from top to bottom look like the way a real P5 football program is run now and the team is competitive on the field again.

Big step forward, but MacIntyre needs to keep the team improving, keep them up for every game, and start getting some wins.

As a player, assistant coach, humanitarian and as a man. Embree was put in a position as HC where a lot of more qualified guys would have failed. I actually blame him less for his failure than I do Bohn, Benson and DiStefano. It was a horrible spot to be in. To ask a HC to learn on the job in that environment? Unforgivable.

That said, things from top to bottom look like the way a real P5 football program is run now and the team is competitive on the field again.

Big step forward, but MacIntyre needs to keep the team improving, keep them up for every game, and start getting some wins.

We are so much better off than we were 2 years ago it is not even debatable. Things are getting better but MM does need to keep the team improving. A good start has been how the team keeps fighting and does not give up which was a consistent problem with the previous staff. MM has this team thinking they belong. A big win is what these guys need to get over the hump and I think it is coming this year. They are close and will end up putting it together to get the unexpected (by everyone but the players) win.

Progress is being made but MM has to get them to taste victory this season. I think it will happen more than once in the remaining games.

I don't care that the geniuses on this board don't agree with me, and I certainly am not advocating that Embree come back. However, Embree is like George Bush - long gone, but being still being blamed for the failures of current staff led by MacIntyre, who is rapidly unraveling in front of everyone's eyes. Two games in a row he has lost his composure and had meltdowns at/near the end of the game, most recently embarrassing himself by chasing the referees across the field. Poor guy simply can't handle the pressure.

Only a delusional CU fan could possibly advocate bringing a coach back for a third year 1) IF he can't win a single PAC 12 game in his second year, 2) as a result, goes 1-17 in league play in his first two years, 3) gets dominated by CSU in the second half in year 2, 4) is recruiting at the absolute bottom of the conference every year, and 5) is presiding over ever declining crowds at home games. If MacIntyre can win ONE PAC 12 game, I would bring him back for a third year reluctantly. If not, I hope Rick George sacks-up and moves on to hire a new coach.

The real reason I think many people support MacIntyre is that he is not Jon Embree, that hated former great player and assistant coach on some of the best teams in CU history. Some of you people deserve the program you have, a perennial loser whose fans delight in back stabbing the JE's and Bill McCartney's of the world.

I don't care that the geniuses on this board don't agree with me, and I certainly am not advocating that Embree come back. However, Embree is like George Bush - long gone, but being still being blamed for the failures of current staff led by MacIntyre, who is rapidly unraveling in front of everyone's eyes. Two games in a row he has lost his composure and had meltdowns at/near the end of the game, most recently embarrassing himself by chasing the referees across the field. Poor guy simply can't handle the pressure.

Only a delusional CU fan could possibly advocate bringing a coach back for a third year 1) IF he can't win a single PAC 12 game in his second year, 2) as a result, goes 1-17 in league play in his first two years, 3) gets dominated by CSU in the second half in year 2, 4) is recruiting at the absolute bottom of the conference every year, and 5) is presiding over ever declining crowds at home games. If MacIntyre can win ONE PAC 12 game, I would bring him back for a third year reluctantly. If not, I hope Rick George sacks-up and moves on to hire a new coach.

The real reason I think many people support MacIntyre is that he is not Jon Embree, that hated former great player and assistant coach on some of the best teams in CU history. Some of you people deserve the program you have, a perennial loser whose fans delight in back stabbing the JE's and Bill McCartney's of the world.

Leave Embree alone !!! Sob.

Either way he's getting another year. Suck it up.

Glad that we have opposing viewpoints like buff233.

While I disagree about some of his assumptions & statements, my only complaint about what he's written is something I've called out others for... it really drives me crazy when folks are throwing out extremely negative hypotheticals and then wanting folks to discuss how they'll react when it happens. What's the fun in that? Right now, the sky isn't falling. To put it another way: that bridge doesn't exist yet.

Pressure? This dude is sec football to the core. He don't crack under pressure, he gets better.

MM is unraveling before our eyes? Whose eyes, exactly?

I remember Hawkins in his last two years here. THAT was an unravelling. So far, MM hasn't thrown any players or fans under the bus. When given the opportunity to throw the piss poor officiating under the bus, he took the high road. This is unraveling?

This is the kind of stuff that annoys the living Hell out of me. Making a statement like MM is unraveling before our eyes is absurd. It's wishful thinking from a small group of uninformed and spiteful people.

yea, just can't agree that HCMM is unraveling. I remember when both HaLk and Embree unraveled. It was obvious, and to this point I've not seen anything like that out of HCMM. Hard losses, yes. Heartbreaking even. But none of that glazed "I have no idea what's wrong and my life is collapsing" look that HaLk had, or the kicked puppy luck that Embree got. Ugh, thanks for making me relive those memories.

Back