What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to 2015

It would be best if the occasionally more rational posters would avoid demonizing Embree in an effort to refute the trollings of a single tool with an agenda. It only brings the rest down to his level.
We all agree, and Embree would in an honest moment, that he was completely over his head. He was hired because we were broke and pressure from boosters. I don't see the point in dissing him...he is a great Buff who took a chance and failed.

We all agree, and Embree would in an honest moment, that he was completely over his head. He was hired because we were broke and pressure from boosters. I don't see the point in dissing him...he is a great Buff who took a chance and failed.
I think it's fair to bash him for the way he left. That was low class. Compare his actions to those of Hawkins.

Honestly, imho, Embree shouldn't have been hired as a head coach in the first place. Maybe a coordinator type job till he learned how to be a head coach, if he ever could.

The way he left was not Embree's best moment. He was hurt and shocked and he didn't handle it well. He also had others who stirred that pot to put him in a situation, to a large degree. And we shouldn't discount the fact that a lot of the frustration was directed toward Mike Bohn, who gave assurances that amounted to bald faced lies... with Bohn being a guy that Embree and many vets of the program had no respect for to begin with. Yet Bohn was keeping his job and being allowed to hire the next coach at the time of Embree's (and others) reaction. If Bohn had been fired first, a new AD had been hired, and the new guy had decided to fire Embree and make a new hire... I believe strongly that Mac, Embree and others would have handled Embree's firing much more in stride.

The way he left was not Embree's best moment. He was hurt and shocked and he didn't handle it well. He also had others who stirred that pot to put him in a situation, to a large degree. And we shouldn't discount the fact that a lot of the frustration was directed toward Mike Bohn, who gave assurances that amounted to bald faced lies... with Bohn being a guy that Embree and many vets of the program had no respect for to begin with. Yet Bohn was keeping his job and being allowed to hire the next coach at the time of Embree's (and others) reaction. If Bohn had been fired first, a new AD had been hired, and the new guy had decided to fire Embree and make a new hire... I believe strongly that Mac, Embree and others would have handled Embree's firing much more in stride.
I don't care about the circumstances. His actions are not defensible. He was a horrible coach and acted like a two year old when fired for poor performance. He tried to bury the buffs and thus his team in mud in public. It's hard to think of a coach who handled his dismissal worse than he did.

I don't care about the circumstances. His actions are not defensible. He was a horrible coach and acted like a two year old when fired for poor performance. He tried to bury the buffs and thus his team in mud in public. It's hard to think of a coach who handled his dismissal worse than he did.

This.

Also.... did Mike Bohn really end up interviewing Jim McElwain and Embree within days of eachother and ultimately end up hiring Embree? :sigh: Not surprised I guess

All things being equal , who knows if Bohn would have gone with McElwain. But obviously, all things were far from equal.

I hate reading threads like this. Short bus trolls like 233 do nothing but drag Embree through the mud and open old wounds. Sad he doesn't even see that. For the most part think Embree has been given a decent pass considering the circumstances.

We are on a solid line of improvement throughout. From facilities to competing. Hopefully we can close some games out the second half and really build some momentum.

From phone

Don't you have to be offered the job to accept the job?

I never heard anything at the time to indicate that he had been offered the job.

Now honestly though I could see him turning the job down at the time along with a lot of other candidates.

At that point in time the job was a black hole, a potential career killer.

Our "talent" was somewhere between lower MWC/WAC and FCS. Our facilities were out of date and falling apart, we had just kept a coach at least one season to long simply to be cheap. It was pretty clear at the time that the program wasn't going to be supported in a way that would let it be anything other than a bottom feeding joke.

McElwain was a coordinator for a NC contending team. He was in line for jobs that had a much better potential for winning and long-term advancement.

Embree was the one offered the job because the administration knew that he would work for cheap, that his name would placate at least some of the fans, and that they could nickel and dime him to death and he wouldn't say much. All of these turned out to be the case.

Things didn't change until somehow Benson got the message that it was time to SH*T or get off the pot.

I blame Embree for the way he left, I don't blame him for being mad. I also wouldn't blame anyone who turned down the job at the time Embree got hired.

McEwlain was not offered the job. Dude was begging for it. . And Embree's staff at the time was one of the best paid in the PAC. Embree was hired b/c all us know it all's were certain CU needed to bring in a BUFF to right the ship.

McEwlain was not offered the job. Dude was begging for it. . And Embree's staff at the time was one of the best paid in the PAC. Embree was hired b/c all us know it all's were certain CU needed to bring in a BUFF to right the ship.

Embree's staff was well paid, but Embree's salary was one of the lowest for a HC in any power conference.

Overall CU was still trying to run a program on the cheap.

I heard that when they interviewed McElwain, he came across as a douche and a goober.

I heard that when they interviewed McElwain, he came across as a douche and a goober.

Could be, but his team is on the cusp of being bowl eligible next week or the week after for sure. The douche and goober is getting things done with what he has to work with.

Could be, but his team is on the cusp of being bowl eligible next week or the week after for sure. The douche and goober is getting things done with what he has to work with.
**** off ****bird. You're a nebraska fan, why the **** are you here, hacking on the buffs?

**** off ****bird. You're a nebraska fan, why the **** are you here, hacking on the buffs?

You answered your own question. He has nothing else in his miserable life worth concerning himself with.

Allbuffs has camping threads, fly fishing threads, photography threads, threads about microbrews, improvements to Folsom, threads about the best things to see and do when traveling to our conference road games, etc.

Nebraska boards get to talk about what? Meth, the new John Deeres, how high to pile the manure, corn prices, more meth, the Tom Osborne good ol' days, communist era architecture (fusker field,) more meth, etc.

Surveyer can't help himself. Like many fusker fans his identity, his self-worth, his hope for any pleasure in life is entirely wrapped up in a bunch of 18-24 year old players who are almost all from someplace far from Nebraska and who will leave the state as soon as their eligibility is gone.

He knows that Nebraska could win the national championship every year but they would still not be in Colorado, though every fusker who can tries to move here.

wrong - JE got screwed by CU, and he knows it. He and Bienemy just laugh at the notion that CU has improved under MacIntrye, who while likely going 1-17 in the PAC 12 in his first two years, with terrible recruiting. That's NOT improvement - it's a decline. Keep deceiving yourself.

wrong - JE got screwed by CU, and he knows it. He and Bienemy just laugh at the notion that CU has improved under MacIntrye, who while likely going 1-17 in the PAC 12 in his first two years, with terrible recruiting. That's NOT improvement - it's a decline. Keep deceiving yourself.

I just want to thank you, embree's mom, for posting here.

Stay golden.

Kidding aside, you are becoming tiresome. Up your game or be sent away.

Back