What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking Ahead To csu.... Will Higgins Play ?

I don't know how you can say that a team wasn't motivated when it came out of the gates fast and dominated the game for the first quarter and a half. That's not a motivation problem. That's a knowing how to deal with success issue. It's a knowing how to finish issue (plays, drives, halves, games) in order to win.

Okay. What do you call it when the team gives up on plays and gets physically dominated AND they're behind (second half)? A "knowing how to deal with success issue"? The team wasn't motivated last year. They had no fire. As soon as CSU punched them in the mouth they backed down like a dog that had been kicked too many times.

Agree on secondary concerns. As much as people are (rightfully) calling out Crawley, Witherspoon has been the bigger liability.

Agree on secondary concerns. As much as people are (rightfully) calling out Crawley, Witherspoon has been the bigger liability.
Walker replaced Witherspoon and thought he played well. Wonder if we see him starting this week?

Okay. What do you call it when the team gives up on plays and gets physically dominated AND they're behind (second half)? A "knowing how to deal with success issue"? The team wasn't motivated last year. They had no fire. As soon as CSU punched them in the mouth they backed down like a dog that had been kicked too many times.

I call it not knowing how to deal with emotional swings in games. Immaturity and lack of confidence. Being motivated is very different. The team wanted to win and came out fired up. You seem to have a particular definition for "motivated" that's outside the normal meaning of the word.

I call it not knowing how to deal with emotional swings in games. Immaturity and lack of confidence. Being motivated is very different. The team wanted to win and came out fired up. You seem to have a particular definition for "motivated" that's outside the normal meaning of the word.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Every college football team wants to win every Saturday. So what I'm really talking about is the degree of motivation. When a team doesn't respond to physical play, that indicates to me the team lacks true motivation. They want to win, but only if they don't have to make certain sacrifices to do it. That is why I love a guy like Lindsay. Kid is full go, all the time.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Every college football team wants to win every Saturday. So what I'm really talking about is the degree of motivation. When a team doesn't respond to physical play, that indicates to me the team lacks true motivation. They want to win, but only if they don't have to make certain sacrifices to do it. That is why I love a guy like Lindsay. Kid is full go, all the time.
So true. This was also probably the most promising thing I saw on Saturday. Colorado had yet another very questionable penalty go against them (along with an ejection) and the team proceeded to get pissed and do something about it. At that point, the rout was on.

Thursday, it turns out, is a different deal entirely.

Minnesota DBs Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun can play, which likely aided in Nick Stevens' insufficiency. That and he's just not that good. I have a feeling Higgins could have went vs. Minnesota if he could have. He warmed up lightly before the game. P5 at home ... pretttttty big deal for the Rams. Been impressed with Tyson Summers and the CSU defense, wonder how much gas they'll have left for the RMS. DeAndre Elliot got hurt, could be big if he doesn't play.

yanking around qb's with little experience sounds familiar around here. Hope the rams have the same results.

Back