What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to Oklahoma State

We should beat Elon and Georgia....Oklahoma State win would put this non-conference portion of the schedule in the tremendous category
Beating Ok State would be just as good as we could've hoped for OOC. The Baylor game was arguably a tougher game for us than KU, given the fact it was a virtual home game for them. But if you told me, they'd only lose one OOC game, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

**** Baylor beating Kentucky showed just how tough that first game of the year was for us. I just remember how bad our shooting was that game. I felt that same frustration with our shooting Saturday versus Kansas but we kept making plays that we never did against **** Baylor

**** Baylor beating Kentucky showed just how tough that first game of the year was for us. I just remember how bad our shooting was that game. I felt that same frustration with our shooting Saturday versus Kansas but we kept making plays that we never did against **** Baylor
Not related to the result, but I found it funny how they played in Jerry's World, only for 12k to show up. Yeah, I know it was bad weather, but I don't think for a minute, you would've seen 60k plus walk-ups with good weather.

True...but your post player needs 20-25 touches a game minimum with about 10-12 shots minimum IMO. Especially one with the post game Scott has

I don't disagree with you, but it is hard to measure touches by shots alone. I'm guessing Scott gets those 20-25 touches, but he often draws a double, or even a triple team, out of which he is a very good passer. I can think of three excellent passes he made out of double or triple teams in the KU game alone.

One reason Ski has so many shot attempts is because our offense often stagnates and he is forced to create something.

Not related to the result, but I found it funny how they played in Jerry's World, only for 12k to show up. Yeah, I know it was bad weather, but I don't think for a minute, you would've seen 60k plus walk-ups with good weather.
They played where the mavs play not Jerry's world.

I don't disagree with you, but it is hard to measure touches by shots alone. I'm guessing Scott gets those 20-25 touches, but he often draws a double, or even a triple team, out of which he is a very good passer. I can think of three excellent passes he made out of double or triple teams in the KU game alone.

One reason Ski has so many shot attempts is because our offense often stagnates and he is forced to create something.

Those touches absolutely led to good plays. XJ got a lay-up plus one directly from a Scott pass. The offense just flows better with Scott. He is good at passing out of the double team which is exactly why he needs more touches because then you don't have to have Booker creating late in the shot clock. Our offense is so much smoother with Dinwiddie and Scott playing off each other.

The most exciting aspect of this team is it has gotten better throughout the season and will continue to get better as the season rolls along. The team that played KU would've likely beaten Baylor (even on the road). IMO, we're still in for some road bumps along the way. Pac-12 is much better this year and an officiating crew that is tight with the whistle can spell trouble for us.

The most exciting aspect of this team is it has gotten better throughout the season and will continue to get better as the season rolls along. The team that played KU would've likely beaten Baylor (even on the road). IMO, we're still in for some road bumps along the way. Pac-12 is much better this year and an officiating crew that is tight with the whistle can spell trouble for us.

The Freshmen are really stepping up. It's exciting to see. Tad can go very deep on the bench if need be. That's a luxury most coaches do not have. Hell, look at Ben Mills. Dude played 10 minutes against KU and did really well. He's usually the 11th guy off the bench. Think about that for a second.

The Freshmen are really stepping up. It's exciting to see. Tad can go very deep on the bench if need be. That's a luxury most coaches do not have. Hell, look at Ben Mills. Dude played 10 minutes against KU and did really well. He's usually the 11th guy off the bench. Think about that for a second.
And he trended nationally, his 15 minutes of fame right there? Hope not, hope it's later in the season.

Fletcher and Hopkins have been exceptional....get better every game. Thomas is struggling with his shot, once he gets that going watch out. King doesn't hurt us in his minutes. Very impressive start for this group.

Fletcher and Hopkins have been exceptional....get better every game. Thomas is struggling with his shot, once he gets that going watch out. King doesn't hurt us in his minutes. Very impressive start for this group.

I thought Hopkins was pretty bad (but who wouldn't guarding Wiggins), Fletch did great in his limited minutes and Thomas looked terrified.

King has a knack for getting a rebound that we really need. I.e when we are in a drought.

I was joking at the Dark Horse before the game with Rugged, Darth and Goose that King's average time to get off a shot after he enters the game was something around 6 seconds. Well in the KU game it was 7....... I don't think King kills us but he's got a ways to go.

I thought Hopkins was pretty bad (but who wouldn't guarding Wiggins), Fletch did great in his limited minutes and Thomas looked terrified.

I agree with 2/3 of this. I thought Hop looked pretty good (as I posted in the other thread). He looked rough on man to man D, but we know that's his weakness. I was surprised by his zone D (he looked good) and thought he played well on O. I'm not going to comment on King yet. Too early to really say anything about him.

I agree with 2/3 of this. I thought Hop looked pretty good (as I posted in the other thread). He looked rough on man to man D, but we know that's his weakness. I was surprised by his zone D (he looked good) and thought he played well on O. I'm not going to comment on King yet. Too early to really say anything about him.

can you expand on his offense? He was 1-4 with 3 assists and 2 turnovers. I just remember late in the game looking up and seeing he had 4 fouls and 0 points (then he hit that beautiful 3).

I was joking at the Dark Horse before the game with Rugged, Darth and Goose that King's average time to get off a shot after he enters the game was something around 6 seconds. Well in the KU game it was 7....... I don't think King kills us but he's got a ways to go.

I look forward to the All You King Haters...... thread

can you expand on his offense? He was 1-4 with 3 assists and 2 turnovers. I just remember late in the game looking up and seeing he had 4 fouls and 0 points (then he hit that beautiful 3).

Holy hell, you're right. Seriously, I don't know why, but I thought his offensive numbers were better. OK, yeah, not his best game. My bad.

Question is: will the Buffs have Gordon back by the OSU game? He appears to match up well with their front court.

Question is: will the Buffs have Gordon back by the OSU game? He appears to match up well with their front court.

Great question. I think with Gordon, the KU game does not come down to a last second shot. He would have been huge against the KU front court in the first half, despite how nice the Ben Mills story is.

What's getting lost in all the hubbub over SKi's shot was that had we hit just 60% of our free throws, that game is not even close. We win easily without the heroics.

What's getting lost in all the hubbub over SKi's shot was that had we hit just 60% of our free throws, that game is not even close. We win easily without the heroics.

But KU holds opponents to 59.4% on FT's (4th best in the NCAA), their FT defense is fantastic. (sarcasm font)

I'm probably getting ahead of myself considering my one game at at a time view, but a win over OSU, and it isn't inconceivable that CU heads to Tuscon with a 18-1 record.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself considering my one game at at a time view, but a win over OSU, and it isn't inconceivable that CU heads to Tuscon with a 18-1 record.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday, but couldn't let myself believe it. The early season conference schedule sets up nicely. Very unlikely, though we'll probably be favored in every game but Okie State. Could realistically shoot for 16-3, with 17-2 an outside possibility. 18-1 and we're probably looking at a top 3 seed, even with 4 more losses or so as the conference schedule gets tough. I just can't really get my head around that stuff right now, though.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, but couldn't let myself believe it. The early season conference schedule sets up nicely. Very unlikely, though we'll probably be favored in every game but Okie State. Could realistically shoot for 16-3, with 17-2 an outside possibility. 18-1 and we're probably looking at a top 3 seed, even with 4 more losses or so as the conference schedule gets tough. I just can't really get my head around that stuff right now, though.

Color me concerned for an Oregon team that can shoot visiting the keg while students are gone

Back