1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SanDiegoBuff, Oct 1, 2007.

1. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah yeah, one game at a time and all that jazz, but I have nothing to do at work today..... So, looking ahead, I think we've got as good a shot at the North as anyone. There are no games that stand out "wow, that's gonna be tough". We won't be favored in all of these games, but we won't be double digit dogs either.

Sat. Oct. 6 12:00 AM a.m. ET at Baylor - - - Should Win
    Sat. Oct. 13 12:00 AM a.m. ET at Kansas State - - - Pick 'Em
    Sat. Oct. 20 12:00 AM a.m. ET Kansas - - - Should Win
    Sat. Oct. 27 2:00 PM p.m. ET at Texas Tech - - - Pick 'Em
    Sat. Nov. 3 12:00 AM a.m. ET Missouri - - - Pick 'Em
    Sat. Nov. 10 12:00 AM a.m. ET at Iowa State - - - Should Win
    Fri. Nov. 23 12:00 PM p.m. ET Nebraska - - - Pick 'Em

@KSU and @TT will probably be our toughest remaining tests, with NEB right behind them. NEB should never be written off since it's a rivalry game and you can throw out the conventional wisdom when it comes to rivalry games.

We should come out with at least 6 wins, probably 7 or 8, and in the best case, win the North, if we keep improving and playing the way we've been playing.

Anyone, anyone?

2. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

ok, i just did some schedule analysis... here are the games that will decide the north, imho...

CU has:

at ksu
    at tt
    mizzery
    fuskers

nu has:

at mizzery
    at ut
    at CU

ksu has:

at okie state
    at nu
    mizzery

mizzery has (ouch):

nu
    at ou
    tt
    at CU
    atm
    at ksu

3. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Great info there. Looking at Missery's schedule I think it comes down to either you guys or us. Missery just historically hasn't been that good down the stretch. :wink2:

4. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

mizzou may have the best team in the north but you combine thier head coach and that schedule and its likely, imo, they will not win the north. should be interesting to watch and we will get a huge piece of the mizzou puzzle this weekend.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It actually looks to me like KSU has the easiest path to the B12 North this year. CU and Missouri both in the little apple.

6. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Here's the way I see it going down:
    We will be out of the running after losing to TT, KSU and KU(yeah I know. see my other post about CU being being a young team).
    KSU loses to NU, NU loses to MU and MU loses to KSU creating a 3 way tie for the north.
    We win out our last three (MU, ISU & NU) and eliminate the competition for the kitties.
    It sucks but that's how it's gonna go.

7. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Do you really think we lose to Kansas this year? I also think we are going to put a hurt on Texas Tech. Kansas State, Mizzou and *ebraska are all toss-ups although I like us against the Corn and Mizzou (because its Mizzou and they'll find a way to lose at least 3 of their last 4 games). I think K-State is our toughest remaining conference game. I unintentionally forgot Iowa State here as well. They look to be playing hard and shouldn't be overlooked. I just think that even with our young guys we have way more horses than they do. So I would say we lose 2-3 three more of these making giving us 7-8 wins? Sounds like a come-back year for the Hawk. We'll know better after Baylor if we are going to be consistent.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007