What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead

Swish

Half a bubble off
Club Member
Taking for granted the Buffs will get to a bowl who would you like to see them play??

Let's set aside the conference handshakes with the bowls for the time being and just go with teams we'd like to see the Buffs play in a bowl this year.

I came up with a couple.

1. UConn.... not for recruiting or any other particular reason. I'd just like to see them square off against the Buffs to see what they are made of.

2. Arkansas.....Strength against strength. Generally the Buffs have done well against the run and the Hogs are almost all run.

any 'name' team the Buffs can beat....

by that I mean a Purdue, Arkansas, UCLA type team
not a UTEP, TROY or New Mexico-

but at this point any bowl/any team would be great for the future-

Yeah, I thought about starting a thread about this too.
My two nightmare games for the Buffs were the Tebow led Gators and the Woodson led Wildcats. I think soon the Buffs will hold their own against this kind of team but not yet.
It would have the potential to be downright demoralizing.

Yeah, I thought about starting a thread about this too.
My two nightmare games for the Buffs were the Tebow led Gators and the Woodson led Wildcats. I think soon the Buffs will hold their own against this kind of team but not yet.
It would have the potential to be downright demoralizing.

The SEC East doesnt go to the Cotton Bowl and think both of them will go higher than the Independence Bowl.

I think UA, AU, or Arky goes to Cotton Bowl.

MSU goes to Indy Bowl.

any 'name' team the Buffs can beat....

by that I mean a Purdue, Arkansas, UCLA type team

but at this point any bowl/any team would be great for the future-

Troy will be locked in the New Orleans Bowl and will play the CUSA champ.

Assuming it still exists, it's always been my dream (conference tie ins notwithstanding) that the Buffs somehow end up playing in the galleryfurniture.com bowl. I think I'd have a spectacular time trying to figure out how to make me and 3 of my friends look like a sectional couch... you know, to get into the real spirit of that inexplicable bowl game and all.

Of course, this pipe dream is probably right in line with my old dream that went along the lines of getting 6 tickets for me and my friends to see Emeril's cooking show, then sitting shirtless in his audience with "GARLIC" spelled out across our chests. Really really should happen, but almost certainly never will happen.

Are we assured a bowl by winning 6 games?

Someone post the BXII bowl schedule.

I certainly hope we do in so much that gives this team extra practices and additional game experience to take into next season. Thats a bigger plus in my mind for this young team.

My daughter called me and told me she saw where they were predicted to play Southern Miss in the Texas Bowl. I think that is the Big12 bowl that picks last.

Mandel likes Buffs vs Badgers in the Insight Bowl
I think a winnable game for the Buffs. :thumbsup:

i'll be giddy if the Buffs sneak into a bowl. i don't care which one. i don't care who they play. get a bowl game, guys. it will be a huge help to this program.

Yeah, I actually really don't care which bowl we go to. It'll be a huge boost for the program to go to a bowl and win it.

Are we assured a bowl by winning 6 games?

Someone post the BXII bowl schedule.

I certainly hope we do in so much that gives this team extra practices and additional game experience to take into next season. Thats a bigger plus in my mind for this young team.

Here's the Big XII bowl tie-ins (not necessarily in order they select, but as close as I can come without having that in front of me...)

Big XII Champ - BCS
Cotton (vs SEC)
Holiday (vs Pac-10)
Alamo (vs Big 10)
Gator (also tie in with Big East or Notre Lame :lol:) (vs ACC)
Sun (also tie in with Big East or Notre Dumb :lol:) (vs Pac-10)
Insight (vs Big 10)
Independence (vs SEC)
Texas (vs C-USA)

So it's possible for the conference to have 9 bowl tie ins without a second BCS team. But I would be very surprised if both the Gator and Sun go for Big XII teams. My guess is that the Gator bowl takes a Big East team and the Sun takes a Big XII team. Which would mean 8 Big XII teams in bowls, unless there would happen to be 2 Big XII teams in the BCS. And if KU and OU win out until the conference championship game, I think that is actually fairly likely.

Right now 6 Big XII teams have at least 6 wins, and CU, KjSU and Okie light all have 5 wins. If they all get bowl eligible, one of them could possibly get left out of a bowl. If NU wins out and also gets bowl eligible, somebody will get left out - and I have a bad feeling it would be CU, since in that scenario they would be 6-6 with a season ending loss.

****. I wonder who is gonna get the Holiday. I get to see my city overrun by Sooners, Jayhawks or Tigers. **** me. :sad2:

I can see the Independence or the Insight Bowl taking us..

1 BCS bid..

OU-BCS
Texas-Cotton
Kansas/Missouri-Holiday
Kansas/Missouri-Gator/SUN
K-State/Texas Tech-Alamo
CU-Insight
Texas A$M/Texas Tech/K-State-Independence
Okie State or Texas A$M-Texas

I can see the Independence or the Insight Bowl taking us..

1 BCS bid..

OU-BCS
Texas-Cotton
Kansas/Missouri-Holiday
Kansas/Missouri-Gator/SUN
K-State/Texas Tech-Alamo
CU-Insight
Texas A/Texas Tech/K-State-Independence
Okie State or Texas A-Texas

I think the Insight is a decent chance. The only thing I wonder is if they may pass on CU out of concern that Buff fans may not want to travel to Phoenix twice in one year... :huh:

I think the Insight is a decent chance. The only thing I wonder is if they may pass on CU out of concern that Buff fans may not want to travel to Phoenix twice in one year... :huh:

That shouldn't be a concern. There were a ton of CU fans in Tempe and many of them were alumni who lived in the area. It's an easy trip and flights are cheap from Denver.

Taking for granted the Buffs will get to a bowl who would you like to see them play??

Let's set aside the conference handshakes with the bowls for the time being and just go with teams we'd like to see the Buffs play in a bowl this year.

I came up with a couple.

1. UConn.... not for recruiting or any other particular reason. I'd just like to see them square off against the Buffs to see what they are made of.

2. Arkansas.....Strength against strength. Generally the Buffs have done well against the run and the Hogs are almost all run.

losing to a uconn would suck, nothing to gain there, I only like playing teams we never play when we can win. That being said, there are very few bowling teams I would want to play

Back