1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Back

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Just sayin:

11-07-2011, 08:50 AM
    jgisland:
    nice preview guys, i can't believe nobody picked UW to win the conf, watch out for them.

FWIW in the illegal offshore gambling world it seems the O/U on P12 teams to make it to the tourney is 5.5. Seems high to me.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I still can't believe that UCLA was this bad. They had the talent to be a 2 or 3 seed in the Dance and should have run away with the Pac-12.

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think we're all just a year off on our Simba projections. I don't think he'll start next year, but I think he'll finally start to live up to his potential.

5. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Obviously Carlon stepped up his game the last part of the season, but nobody impressed me more over the last couple of weeks than SHT (I am not even going to call him Simba anymore). He made some impressive strong post moves and even dropped some dimes out of the post in that Bailor game. If he can continue to progress this summer he may get some substantial minutes next year.

6. Buffnik

I was increasingly happy with his help defense. It didn't show up much in the box score, but Shane was altering shots and also started to draw some charges (Austin was awesome with the charge thing and really showed the way). It's no accident that Baylor shot such a low percentage from 2pt range and UNLV didn't even try to go inside much.

7. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

nate impressed me... we dogged him for poor leadership early and often this year but he turned it around big time down the stretch...sure he made a few bone head plays here and there but he really stepped it up

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

It begins again, the battle of Boulder and Lion...

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

:wow:

10. Buffnik

What totally threw it off was how bad UCLA was compared to how highly rated I had them. If they'd been what they should have been, the RPI bump we would have all gotten by playing them would have put UCLA plus a couple more teams into the tourney to get the Pac-12 to 4 or 5. There's a major snowball effect on RPI when you're a conference of bubble teams with a few that are completely awful dragging everyone's numbers down even after a win against them (Utah, ASU, USC). Selection committee went by the RPI chalk except for 2 of its at-large picks.

I definitely need to work on my RPI blog this week.

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

In The Lion King, Simba went from being a soft dude eating bugs and whatnot into what he was at the end, and that will be what we now call SHT: African Badass