What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking for Confidence, 3-0 vs Texas Southern

Woo good win. We have trouble playing a full game but overall an impressive win. Relphorde and Burks are excellent additions

first of all, the silver jerseys are the ****, dallas.

good game tonight by the guys. that #24 from TSU was the only reason they were in the game, how is that kid playing for such a no name team? rebounding was once again deplorable, but when we do get one the ball is over half court within seconds, always pushing. i think in games like this, higgins needs to take the team on his shoulders and be the man. he's either going to make the bucket or go to the line most of the time.

we need more fans in coors!!

Easy for me to say...but let's get more fans into Coors. What else do students have going on Wednesday nights? I remember trudging my sorry ass from Libby Hall over to the games....

*Interesting Tidbit*
Navybuff and I apparently lived in the same room in Libby ~10 years apart. You didn't happen to be in Pit-West too, did you?

interesting to see Tony Harvey coaching Tex Southern. he was/is an all-time scumbag and cheater according to MU boards post-Quin Snyder. He was an assistant for Quin at Mizzou.

looking at the box score and watching the replay on ESPN 360 (awesome for college hoops), we need more point production from the Dufault/Relphorde position and both those guys playing 25 minutes should have more fouls. we gotta play physical in the paint or we'll get rail-roaded down low in conference (again).

Mick thinks:

1. love Burks
2. Higgins needs to understand and exploit that with the exception of maybe S. Collins, Warren at OU, Anderson at OSU, and the latest crew of top 150 freaks that Barnes has at Texas....he's going to be the best scorer on the floor in almost all our games. Hig: live it, love it. take the ball to the rim. I get the Bz "system", but Corey is baller and needs to see the O that way.
3. getting boarded by Texas Southern is no good.
4. Like the O that Tony Harvey is running at TSU. much better than the jack the 3 ball until your nose bleeds O Quin ran at MU.

Last edited:
not a huge fan of the "silver" unis. always the contrarian, but they look gray and dingy to me.

Nike can suck it, but the hoops unis have always been pretty tight, IMO. football unis suck out loud. green gold helmets and dijon mustard pants and geometry BS on the pants ain't working for me.

Last edited:
love the TSU player wearing the backwards sunglasses in the team huddle. keepin' it real.

lotta empty seats at the CEC. jesus.

Casey Crawford needs to toughen up and get on the boards more...I would guarantee that is why he only played 5 minutes last night

Hopefully, the lack of defensive execution was the team looking ahead to Gonzaga and not being focused...because if they play defense and rebound like they did tonight...Gonzaga will be a long game

On a positive note....Burks, Higgins and Thorne make a great backcourt and Tomlinson off the bench is a nice touch as well.

*Interesting Tidbit*
Navybuff and I apparently lived in the same room in Libby ~10 years apart. You didn't happen to be in Pit-West too, did you?
I lived on the first floor, east. We used to toss Mickey's wide-mouth bottles out the window late at night. The explosion on the concrete below was cool...until a couple of big dudes in the pit threatened to kill us....

Casey Crawford needs to toughen up and get on the boards more...I would guarantee that is why he only played 5 minutes last night

I've pretty much given up on Crawford. he looks the part, but BZ said last year he dogs it in practice. getting 5 minutes this early in the OOC says not much has changed in that regard. seems.

I've pretty much given up on Crawford. he looks the part, but BZ said last year he dogs it in practice. getting 5 minutes this early in the OOC says not much has changed in that regard. seems.

He was a calming influence in the first game and helped get the team into the offense and positioned correctly on defense. Since then, he's been disappointing. He just doesn't seem to want to battle.

Back