What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking into the future - UMASS

Good grief. When you get essentially kicked out by the MAC for not being "all in," your program is in shambles. We had better take all three from this pitiful squad.

I may go to this game but I don't understand why we are playing these guys. I think this is going to be the worst atmosphere of any Buff football game of all time. Here's an article from a few months ago "UMass' football move called a huge financial disaster."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...projections/LdMZCquclCgNI7YFMYWeNP/story.html

Copy of Boghosian_Indiana-UMass7_SPTS.jpg

Nice link. I don't understand CU's motivation to schedule either -- doesn't make sense from either a financial or recruiting standpoint as far as I can tell.
I may go to this game but I don't understand why we are playing these guys. I think this is going to be the worst atmosphere of any Buff football game of all time. Here's an article from a few months ago "UMass' football move called a huge financial disaster."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...projections/LdMZCquclCgNI7YFMYWeNP/story.html

View attachment 13972

Nice link. I don't understand CU's motivation to schedule either -- doesn't make sense from either a financial or recruiting standpoint as far as I can tell.

I think the theory was that these games would "fire up & engage the east coast fan base".
The easy W theory also is plausible. I wonder if UMass will still have a FB program at the end of this deal.

View attachment 13972

It has to do with the fact it's a winnable road game and seeing as we've won like 2 road games in 6 years, that's much needed.​

I am definitely looking into it, JetBlue has some great fares from Orlando. Never been to Boston so this would be a good excuse to get up there.

To get a win. Playing in arguably the best conference in the country, I don't mind loading up on cupcakes in the non-conference to get to 6 wins. We need to go to a bowl game this year.

1. It's a two for one.
2. It's pretty much three guaranteed wins against an FBS team.
3. It's in a part of the country with a large alumni base.
4. That group of alumni literally hasn't had a game played in their geographic area during most of their lifetimes (don't remember the exact date, but I looked it up last year and the last time CU played a road game anywhere in the northeast was a game at West Point prior to World War II).
5. Boston beats the hell out of Minneapolis or Stincoln.

Last edited:
I'm being transferred to the Boston area this summer, and likely be living in Franklin, about 15 minutes from Foxboro. Timing couldn't be more perfect. My son and I will be there. I was at our last road win (Pullman) so I'll be bringing the good vibes.

Terrific scheduling.

I actually think this is one of the few that Bohn did well. (Georgia series, Hawaii series, WVU series, the Wyoming home game and this are the ones that stand out to me).

No TV! What? Is "The Ocho" showing dodgeball or combat bass fishin'?

Honestly, who the hell is going to schedule their Saturday around this game or tune in other than team fans and some serious college football junkies who will watch whatever game happens to be on?

If I'm a tv exec, I'm not buying this one.

Game time set for 1 pm MT, 3 pm ET...

Adam Munsterteiger ‏@adamcm777 3m #CUBuffs football game vs. UMass on Sept. 6 at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro Mass. will kickoff at 1 pm (MT). No TV but will be shown on ESPN3

SWEET! Being able to watch ESPN3 on my 60" through Apple TV...only difference between that and ESPN 1/2 is the commercial break. It's my number 1 favorite thing about the ATV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i could give a **** about TV. Someone tell me if there will be beer at Gillette!

Honestly, who the hell is going to schedule their Saturday around this game or tune in other than team fans and some serious college football junkies who will watch whatever game happens to be on?

If I'm a tv exec, I'm not buying this one.

A similar-type matchup between Syracuse and Central Michigan on 9/13 will be on either ESPNU or ESPNNews.

A similar-type matchup between Syracuse and Central Michigan on 9/13 will be on either ESPNU or ESPNNews.

Syracuse is also one of the elite original Big East member schools that built ESPN. There may also not be a lot of great early season ACC options for fulfilling the contract based on the schedules I saw from the ACC last year.

Syracuse is also one of the elite original Big East member schools that built ESPN. There may also not be a lot of great early season ACC options for fulfilling the contract based on the schedules I saw from the ACC last year.

Oddly enough, some of the other games that day are NCState-USF which still has no TV, and Louisville-UVA and Kansas-Duke have both been relegated to ESPN3.

Oddly enough, some of the other games that day are NCState-USF which still has no TV, and Louisville-UVA and Kansas-Duke have both been relegated to ESPN3.

Makes me think it's the Syracuse loyalty thing. Maybe Tirico agreed to do the game or something. I have trouble believing that matchup would pull the NY and MI markets.

Back