1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Next Week.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SkiTownUSA, Oct 4, 2008.

1. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Any thoughts? Time to get off the Texas game.:thumbsup:

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I think Kansas has a very good offense - with a quarterback who has the smarts / determination of Colt McCoy.

Kansas does not have the same defense as Texas, though.

It's a road game, which scares me.

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Not sure what to think.. I don't think KU is as good as last year, but I'm not sure if we are capable of winning there..

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Kansas was down 20-0 at halftime against Iowa Freakin State. I'm not scared of them (then again, I'm sure they aren't scared of us either). Winnable game in my book.

5. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I honestly wish they hadn't had a ****ty half against ISU today. I think their O is good, and that first half might have lit a fire under them that will have them come out motivated. But, their D is not as good as FSU or UT, so we should have a chance as long as we don't have killer turnovers.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Did you think today's game was winnable before kickoff?

7. SkiTownUSA

Who has Kansas played? ISU stinks right now. They had it won and couldn't put it away. Reesing is a very good QB, but I don't think they can put up enough points to make up for what they'll give up on D. If CU hopefully goes back to the run and keeps the ball out of Todd's hands. The Buffs should handle Kansas without too much problem.

8. SkiTownUSA

Winnable, yes. Did many of us think we'd win...NO. I'm sure we all thought we'd make it a game though.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Sure I did. But if we're talking about degrees of winnableness (?) then I don't think it's a stretch to say the KU game is MUCH more winnable than the Texas game.

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We will beat KU, they are not that good

11. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

To be honest (and you can see my post in the UT OL thread) I was hoping we'd keep it close but worried that we might get rolled. UT isn't number 5 for no reason. They are going to roll most everyone they play. I think our 3-0 start changed a lot of people's opinion about the season, but so far the team has played about as I expected. We have a lot of young talent, but that's the problem. They are young. They will make good plays and stupid plays, and we won't know when. When they line up against superior and more experienced talent, it's not going to be pretty.

For the most part, we all said if we got through OOC at 3-1 we'd be happy. We also said that we would be pretty happy with 8-4, and OK with 7-5 or 6-6. That's about where we're headed, IMO.

12. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

What are the odds that CU "goes back to the run?"