What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looks like CSU's basketball roster is finally full - transfer Fred Richardson

CSU needs to understand that they are a 2nd tier MWC school....not good enough to compete with UNLV, New Mexico and San Diego State each and every year, but good enough to be in the hunt for a MWC title/NCAA Tournament most years and needs to be in some sort of postseason every year along with Boise State, Wyoming, Nevada and Utah State.

Third tier is Air Force, Fresno State and San Jose State

Im not sure Corvallis is a great destination.

It's an upgrade over where he is now. And the pure comedy of him and Dana Altman coexisting within 30 miles of each other would have been pure gold.

It's an upgrade over where he is now. And the pure comedy of him and Dana Altman coexisting within 30 miles of each other would have been pure gold.

Am i alone in thinking that Fort Collins is a pretty nice town. Add in that it is easier to be good in the MWC than the PAC and there is less pressure to win at CSU (maybe because Craig sure got a long time to do nothing). i personally would prefer CSU unless i got paid a lot more to go to OSU.

They both do have ****ty colors and uniforms

Am i alone in thinking that Fort Collins is a pretty nice town. Add in that it is easier to be good in the MWC than the PAC and there is less pressure to win at CSU (maybe because Craig sure got a long time to do nothing). i personally would prefer CSU unless i got paid a lot more to go to OSU.

They both do have ****ty colors and uniforms

Fort Collins is a great town. Fort Collins is also a bit better on the Cost of Living index than Corvalis ($93.4k = $100k per Sperling's). In terms of where you can win more, CSU has at least as friendly of an administration in terms of allowing the coach to take anyone that the NCAA will allow to be a D1 student athlete and is at least as friendly in terms of having majors that allow you to keep them eligible. While Pac-12 status gives OSU a recruiting advantage, it's not a huge advantage and it may actually be better to be in the MWC for transfers (getting Pac-12 transfer guys) as well as being in the middle of the country for expanding your possibilities.

I'm not sure that OSU is the better job. If it is, it's not much better.

OSU is a higher profile job that would probably pay better. He'd be on TV a lot more. But I get what you guys are saying. The quality of life in Ft. Collins is probably superior to what he'd have in Corvallis.

And c'mon, you have to admit that having him and Altman in such close proximity would have been awesome.

Ft. Collins is a great town. Lots of fun

College Ave = World's longest strip mall! Every friggin' food franchise you can think of; traffic at lunchtime is sick.

Best thing about Ft Fun is O"DELL's brewery, best of the larger craft breweries around.

OSU is a higher profile job that would probably pay better. He'd be on TV a lot more. But I get what you guys are saying. The quality of life in Ft. Collins is probably superior to what he'd have in Corvallis. At least the sun actually shines in Ft Collins!

And c'mon, you have to admit that having him and Altman in such close proximity would have been awesome.

fify......

College Ave = World's longest strip mall! Every friggin' food franchise you can think of; traffic at lunchtime is sick.

Best thing about Ft Fun is O"DELL's brewery, best of the larger craft breweries around.

I have trouble deciding between Odell and Avery. Both are so good.

Back