What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looks like Volleyball picked up a commitment

SD Buff

Club Member
Club Member
[tweet]519293524303282176[/tweet]

Can't find a lot about her other than a message board post from last year saying she committed to fUCLA. Wonder if we stole her or what the story is?

So it looks like the need for Middle Blockers that I mentioned yesterday has been taken care of with the Canadian gal that AztecBuff found and now this commitment. Naghede Abu is not ranked in the top 100 seniors but she is, like one other Buffs verbal Brianna Karsseboom, in the "next 150". I would prefer that the coaches get more than 1 recruit that is ranked in that top 100 to continue to improve competitively in the PAC but at least having all their recruits in that top 250 is a good start.

Since this thread is specifically for this recruit, thought I'd re-post a couple factoids that i put in another volleyball thread:

1) The 1st webpage I found said she has a 48" vertical. If that is true (or even close to true), wow. (I seem to remember that was the oft-mentioned vertical jump for old Nugget great the Late David Thompson, and was considered a "freakish" talent he had that helped make him so good.)

2) I found some forum entry from last year congratulating her on committing to UCLA. Since they usually can recruit pretty well (although they had a rare off year on the court last year, and their fans are pissed their coach, at least based on top 10 recruits, is getting out-recruited by USC), I'd think that would be a good indication she is talented and/ or has good potential.

And, once again, welcome to Ms. Abu!!

Last edited:
Back