1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like Volleyball picked up a commitment

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by SD Buff, Oct 6, 2014.

1. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

[tweet]519293524303282176[/tweet]

Can't find a lot about her other than a message board post from last year saying she committed to fUCLA. Wonder if we stole her or what the story is?

cmgoods likes this.
  2. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

[video=youtube;pONLl1dDtO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pONLl1dDtO4[/video]

3. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

:welcome:

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

So it looks like the need for Middle Blockers that I mentioned yesterday has been taken care of with the Canadian gal that AztecBuff found and now this commitment. Naghede Abu is not ranked in the top 100 seniors but she is, like one other Buffs verbal Brianna Karsseboom, in the "next 150". I would prefer that the coaches get more than 1 recruit that is ranked in that top 100 to continue to improve competitively in the PAC but at least having all their recruits in that top 250 is a good start.

5. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Since this thread is specifically for this recruit, thought I'd re-post a couple factoids that i put in another volleyball thread:

1) The 1st webpage I found said she has a 48" vertical. If that is true (or even close to true), wow. (I seem to remember that was the oft-mentioned vertical jump for old Nugget great the Late David Thompson, and was considered a "freakish" talent he had that helped make him so good.)

2) I found some forum entry from last year congratulating her on committing to UCLA. Since they usually can recruit pretty well (although they had a rare off year on the court last year, and their fans are pissed their coach, at least based on top 10 recruits, is getting out-recruited by USC), I'd think that would be a good indication she is talented and/ or has good potential.

And, once again, welcome to Ms. Abu!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

:gobuffs: :welcome: Hope you are ready for winter!