1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo Romar To NBA?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It sounds like the Wolves are going to fire Kurt Rambis after the draft, and according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo!, they're going to go after Washington coach Lorenzo Romar.

2. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Minnesota has to be the worst coaching job in the NBA. That team is so badly managed. I don't know why anyone would want to coach that team besides the paycheck. You are just going to be fired in two years.

Kurt Rambis may not be a Phil Jackson, Rick Carlisle, Popovich, or Doc, but he isn't as bad as that freaking team.

3. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

4. Goose

I hate piling on the guy because he's the butt of a lot of jokes, but David Kahn really is a horrible GM. Idiot sportswriters who like to think they're GMs usually don't know anything, but I'd honestly take some of them over Kahn. He just seems in way over his head, which is an absolute shame because they have one of the best, and most likable, players in the NBA in Kevin Love who is going to continue to be underrated by everyone because the idiots around him can't figure anything out.

Of course I thought Rambis deserved to be fired last year when he decided that it was more important for Darko to get PT than Love, so he's not exempt from blame here, but you're right about the Wolves.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

6. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Well, he's had NBA opportunity before, and there will be more opportunities down the line. But it would be extremely surprising for him to bolt to Minnesota of all places, he could do much, much better.

meh

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree. However, NBA GM is the most over-rated and over-paid position in sports. The league has very few trades, salaries of the top players are slotted, the rosters are small, and the draft is only a couple picks (of which you know which 4 or 5 guys are going to be best available in your spot). They spend most of their days reading sports news and chatting about nothing substantive to their GM buddies from other teams. It's the ultimate job for a million dollar payday.

8. Goose

I'll partially agree with that, but REALLY GOOD GM's are worth their weight in gold. RC Buford (except for the Richard Jefferson brainfart) is worth his weight in gold. Darryl Morey is great at finding guys who fit his schemes. That's one of the reasons I like the Kroenke-Uriji front office for the Nugs as Uriji has a background as a scout. I want guys who can find 2nd round steals as that's where the GM's make their real money.

9. Buffnik

If I owned a team, I'd have a President, a Director of Scouting and a Financial Controller for the capology stuff. I don't think I'd pay for a GM position.

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Anyone suspect Jeff Bzdelik once the rest of the candidates say no?

11. Buffnik

Didn't he get passed over for that Minny bench coach job last year? Or was it the year before?

12. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I think it was during summer league '09 when he was spotted talking to his friend in the organization. So there may still be that connection.

13. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I think the Nuggets GM made his money last year. But that was an outlier for the normal year.