1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing to Sac State is not acceptable: Changes must be made, but give Embo a chance

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DavisBuff, Sep 11, 2012.

1. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

Obviously, the original plan is not working. Embree has been out-coached. But Mac was not a game-day wizard and he did not win until he got his players in the system.
    I am not ready to give up on Embree or the core of his staff. But we do need a make some changes to give ourselves a chance to win some games now.
    It looks like our Oline is not cable of playing the way the staff wants them to and I don't see any replacements that will change that this year. We are losing games trying to develop the smash mouth style. We can't pound the ball like we want to, so we should be creative and keep the opponent off-balance. Instead of going 3 & out trying to establish the running game, we need to start out-smarting our opponents. If Bieniemy can't do that, switch the play-calling duties, try Scherer and send EB down to the sidelines. I like him better there anyway.
    At the end of the season, we should look to replace Marshall and bring in a top flight game-day OC. Maybe Tom Cable.

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Tom Cable is the offensive line coach and assistant head coach of the Seattle Seahawks. I doubt he would come to CU unless he's offered a head coach position.

3. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

If you want smash mouth then Tom Cable is your guy, he will literally punch people in the mouth.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I've consistently said that this staff has until the end of the season to start righting the ship. The people calling for a mid-season firing are off their rocker. But, I think if we go 0 fer, then a change needs to be made. If Embree and staff can start scraping together wins here and there and start building an offensive identity then I will be more comfortable with the youth movement argument.

If we aren't seeing any improvement then we need to pull the bandaid quick and clean.

5. 5150Dogfan

5150Dogfan New Member

Give the Atlanta Falcons O line coach a call if you want true "SMASH MOUTH" football!

6. AllStarBuffs

AllStarBuffs Active Member

Embree has no system, he is clueless, lost, out coached. I didn't think he could be worse than Hawkins but i just said it

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012