1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of negativity regarding Embree

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I guess it's time for another Mac pep talk to make sure we circle the wagons and give Embree at least 5 years.

Surge!

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

More inspirational videos IMO.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Yeah. We should all trash Mac for the current state of the program!

4. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I feel sorry for those who are CU and Chicago Cubs fans.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

so he bares no blame for Jon being here? and he doesnt deserve to be called out for claiming there is no other choice but to stay the course for the next 4 years? becuase he's Mac we have to blindly love him?

6. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Love what he did, no love for Mac.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

:lol:

8. Duff Man

The problem here exxon is Mac continues to insert himself into the conversation every single week. He will continue to do so. He is free to do so. He wanted this hire (or something close to it) and made sure it happened. But if he is going to directly affect the decision-making within the AD, he cannot be immune from criticism.

9. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

It's hard for me to accept the attitudes of the many relatively young people here, who grew up being taught they are "something special" - who really believe they are "awesome" and that their immediate needs are what counts the most. It's akin to the belief systems exhibited by high-schoolers who change schools and abandon their neighborhoods (what a quaint idea) and friends, to play for a better team.I graduated twice from CU, spent over 10 years as a full time student and my support for the Buffs is similar to patriotism - this is my university, love it or leave it.I'm not sure how responsive this is to the thread, but I'm sick of all the whining. Support the players and coaches - they are here for along while

Tatonka likes this.
  10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

No, the coaches are not.

11. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

**** that. These coaches might be gone tomorrow for all you know.

12. Duff Man

I feel like this post perfectly sums up why most people are becoming apathetic.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

Critique is one thing, this has turned into something completely different, imo.

I never said I agreed with the way Mac is handling things. We have bigger fish to fry than Mac and his supporters.

Jmho.

14. Sexton Hardcastle

We all know Mac was wrong. You proved your point. Lets move on to the bigger problem here. The administration.

Continuing to drag Mac's name through the mud gets us nowhere.

15. Buffnik

Loyalty is earned. Everyone here would like nothing more than to increase their level of support for CU. But when we are not treated with appreciation and not given a vision for what we're supporting, I just don't know how I can in good conscience tell anyone he or she should maintain current support levels or increase them. CU's gotta give me something to hang my hat on.

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I don't think anybody is ignoring the administration. Pretty much everybody here is pointing at them as the biggest problem. That doesn't mean that there aren't other problems, or that Mac and his group aren't one of them. Mac predictably trots out the idea that every coach that starts badly is inevitably on the road to a national championship. It's the logic that bought HaLk an extension and a fifth year on the job. I can't really blame people for rolling their eyes when we start hearing it again, especially in support of Mac's hand picked staff....

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Oh yeah? Where's your $50M donation?

18. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

--->YOU!

caps

19. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Are you guys all pulling this particular narrative out of the same rhetoric handbook or something?

20. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

So whining upsets you more than losing. Good to know. Maybe we should drop down to intramurals and stop keeping score.

TimmyDUBs and RuffBuff like this.
  21. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Your patriotism analogy is ridiculous unless you live in North Korea where your blind allegiance to leadership is expected. I consider myself patriotic, does that mean I should keep my mouth shut if I disagree with the actions and decision making of this government? If we didn't love CU and want this program to succeed, we wouldn't give a s**t.

Burrito Palazzo likes this.
  22. Burrito Palazzo

We need to demand better.

23. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

I pledge allegiance to the the CU flag.....NOT to the flag of Bohn, Distefano, Benson, Embree, Brown...etc.....If I don't like the direction of the CU program, I'm going to speak my mind with words and with my wallet. I'm not going to sit quietly and watch underqualified people bury my favorite program further into the ground. Blind allegiance isn't patriotic....it's cowardly stupidity.

24. Buffnik

Nope. You either have to love it or leave it. You're either with CU at every level and in every way, or you're against CU.

It's exactly like patriotism.

(Well, exactly like jingoism that people mistakenly call patriotism. I don't think my wife or my mother are as blindly loyal to me as some of you expect me to be to CU if I want to be a fan.)

25. buffalocu81

buffalocu81 New Member

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Why would anybody be negative? Personally, I couldn't be happier that our football program is the laughingstock of CFB, our administration has no idea if a football is stuffed with feathers and our incompetent coaching staff seemingly has a 5 year pass because they're part of the Buff family!!!

27. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

I think there's an e-mail list you can get on if you want to keep up with the talking points.

28. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

You are not allowed to post such opinions!

29. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

What is this thread about exactly? Mac and allegiance to CU? Not to thread jack, but I am holding judgement on Embree until the season is over. That being said, one specific criticism I have of him, if you can call it that, is that his personality is so drab. He doesn't get me fired up at all when I listen to him. But maybe that is his public face. (public with an L! I don't trust you people.)

Maybe charisma doesn't matter. But I tend to like it in a head coach. Say what you will about Mac, but fe had it. Neuhisel and Hawkins? I think they tried to force being charismatic and failed. Barnett, I think, was intense and that played well with his players. He was charismatic in that his intensity affected the players. Embree? I don't know. What do you guys think of him in this regard?

30. Burrito Palazzo

I didn't think Mac was charismatic at all.