What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LSU at Washington

I was at this game, and people in Husky land are very excited about this team. They played well and hung with them for awhile but there is a reason why LSU is a top 10 team.

Lots and lots of LSU fans there too, it was impressive, we sat in a sea of yellow at the game and the bar we were at pre gaming was packed with Tiger faithful as well.

I'll be back for the USC game, looking forward to it.

Lots and lots of LSU fans there too, it was impressive, we sat in a sea of yellow at the game and the bar we were at pre gaming was packed with Tiger faithful as well.

Lots of Katrina exiles still haunting the rest of the civilized world, I see!

From that entire LSU crowd, you could probably extract seven full mouths of teeth, several squirrel and possum carcasses and an entire 1957 Edsel!

I was at this game, and people in Husky land are very excited about this team. They played well and hung with them for awhile but there is a reason why LSU is a top 10 team.

LSU is kind of like Nebraska, the focus of civilization in a state that otherwise lacks much of value. Louisiana does have Bourbon Street in N.O. but outside of that there isn't much there there. As a result just like fuskers they flee like rats looking for someplace with decent weather, a populace that can talk about something other than last nights sitcoms or the specials at Wal-Mart, and some economic opportunity.

They are happy as can be to leave behind the hurricanes, the VW sized cockroaches, the mold growing in the carpet due to the humidity, and the "it ain't stealin if I don't get caught" system of property redistribution. They still however have a deep love in their hearts for the place they came from even if they wouldn't be caught dead moving back so they place all their attention on the one point of pride that they have that can be talked about with women and children present, the LSU football team.

They have been raised to believe that there is something almost sacred about the Tigers and re-enforce that belief by seeking out and congregating with others of the same affliction. By repeated discussions of the greatness of their team they are convinced through and through that they have been truly blessed and cannot understand when outsiders to their purple and gold word do not agree with everything they have been raised since birth to believe without question.

Some of the details are different but the ingrained, unquestioned, fanaticism in the face of any reality is very similar to our neighbors to the northeast.

Last edited:
LSU is kind of like Nebraska, the focus of civilization in a state that otherwise lacks much of value. Louisiana does have Bourbon Street in N.O. but outside of that there isn't much there there. As a result just like fuskers they flee like rats looking for someplace with decent weather, a populace that can talk about something other than last nights sitcoms or the specials at Wal-Mart, and some economic opportunity.

They are happy as can be to leave behind the hurricanes, the VW sized cockroaches, the mold growing in the carpet due to the humidity, and the "it ain't stealin if I don't get caught" system of property redistribution. They still however have a deep love in their hearts for the place they came from even if they wouldn't be caught dead moving back so they place all their attention on the one point of pride that they have that can be talked about with women and children present, the LSU football team.

They have been raised to believe that there is something almost sacred about the Tigers and re-enforce that belief by seeking out and congregating with others of the same affliction. By repeated discussions of the greatness of their team they are convinced through and through that they have been truly blessed and cannot understand when outsiders to their purple and gold word do not agree with everything they have been raised since birth to believe without question.

Some of the details are different but the ingrained, unquestioned, fanaticism in the face of any reality is very similar to our neighbors to the northeast.

Well, when the huskies fell short we got up and i said very loudly "It could be worse I could have to go back to Louisiana."

They didn't like that too much. But it is so true.

Color me purple and happy!

Granted, I wanted to win, but it was a longshot at best.

If LSU is a legitimate top 11 team the 'Dawgs just played them toe to toe. Not too shabby.

UW outgained LSU, but LSU won the turnover battle and had a defensive touchdown as well.

It was a one score game.

A team coached by Ty would have lost by 35+.

I can't complain.

And no worries, tomorrow I'm wearing the Black and Gold jersey!:smile2:

Go Buffs!
LSU looked like they were sleep walking through the whole game except for Patrick Peterson who showed why he will be a #1 pick. I wasn't impressed with John Chavis's defense - he's gonna have to get his act together fast or some cajun will have him cooking on a grill.
Jake Locker is one of the best quarterbacks in college football - I think he's better than Tebow. Tebow just has alot more weapons to help him. All the credit to Washington, their coaches had them jacked up and they wanted the game much more than LSU. Washington's got some players - Polk gave the Tiger's a handful and I really think Steve Sarkisian has got something cooking. I have some friends who went to the game from Lafayette and they said Husky stadium is the most beautiful setting for a college game they have seen. They said the campus is beautiful and all of the Husky fans were friendly. Just give Sarkisian some time and Washington football will be back with a vengenance - they really played with alot of emotion.

You don't know what in the hell you are talking about. First, New Orleans natives absolutely hate Bourbon Street - it's for drunken tourists
with marginal IQ's like yourself where you think you are acting cool by puking and pissing on yourself. If you stop 100 people on Bourbon street, probably 90% will be form out of state. Locals stay as far away from Bourbon St as possible.
You obviously don't know anything about the French culture, it's history, and influence except for the music and food that everybody and their grandmother tries to imitate. Let me correct myself, you don't know anything except how to shoot off your mouth about a culture you are clueless about.

Last edited:
I really like UW, they're probably my second favorite program. I'm really rooting for them to get back to the top of the Pac10. It probably doesn't hurt that Polk went to my high school :smile:. On the other hand their success might hurt our recruiting as it seems like we recruit against them a lot; though I'd rather lose recruits to UW than Oregon or Arizona State.

Also Locker is an incredible player. I think he has two years left(?) and with the two Polks they look like they have the nucleus to have a very good offense, if not this year then next.

You don't know what in the hell you are talking about. First, New Orleans natives absolutely hate Bourbon Street - it's for drunken tourists
with marginal IQ's like yourself where you think you are acting cool by puking and pissing on yourself. If you stop 100 people on Bourbon street, probably 90% will be form out of state. Locals stay as far away from Bourbon St as possible.
You obviously don't know anything about the French culture, it's history, and influence except for the music and food that everybody and their grandmother tries to imitate. Let me correct myself, you don't know anything except how to shoot off your mouth about a culture you are clueless about.

I take it you are from there, don't live there now and don't want to, point proven.

You actually do have a point about the cajun influence. Louisiana food (distinct from French food but an amalgum of the French influence mixed with that of the indians, the black population both free and slave, some Spanish, and a bunch of others due to N.O. being the point of access for the Mississipi River for almost two centuries) can be delicious. Not something I or my grandmother imitate but certainly worth noting. The Louisiana influence on music from the Blues to Zydeco to country, folk, rock and even classical is noteworthy as well.

That all said I have been there and would not wish to return to live for any reason. The humidity is oppresive, especially in summer, the insects are enough to drive a person insane, and along the coast the threat of hurricanes wiping out whole cities is a real, not imagined threat. New Orleans has lost a significant amount of population from those who left and choose not to come back. Louisiana has a high poverty rate and it's public schools are among the lowest rated in the nation. And yes the locals do avoid Bourbon Street, they recognize it for the tacky tourist trap it has become even as visitors to the city flock there as the identifiying feature of the whole state.
:lol:

I take it you are from there, don't live there now and don't want to, point proven.

You actually do have a point about the cajun influence. Louisiana food (distinct from French food but an amalgum of the French influence mixed with that of the indians, the black population both free and slave, some Spanish, and a bunch of others due to N.O. being the point of access for the Mississipi River for almost two centuries) can be delicious. Not something I or my grandmother imitate but certainly worth noting. The Louisiana influence on music from the Blues to Zydeco to country, folk, rock and even classical is noteworthy as well.

That all said I have been there and would not wish to return to live for any reason. The humidity is oppresive, especially in summer, the insects are enough to drive a person insane, and along the coast the threat of hurricanes wiping out whole cities is a real, not imagined threat. New Orleans has lost a significant amount of population from those who left and choose not to come back. Louisiana has a high poverty rate and it's public schools are among the lowest rated in the nation. And yes the locals do avoid Bourbon Street, they recognize it for the tacky tourist trap it has become even as visitors to the city flock there as the identifiying feature of the whole state.
:lol:
Only the ignorant masses view Bourbon St as the identifying feature of the whole state. The educated prefer a visit to Degas house - if you know who I'm talking about or listen to jazz music and eat at some of the best restaurants in the world. That being said - enjoy yourself on Bourbon St and remember to use a bathroom and not the street like most tourists.
I will admit that I would not want to live there due to the threat of hurricanes. I have many friends who lost their homes and all of their possessions.

Last edited:
All the credit to Washington, their coaches had them jacked up and they wanted the game much more than LSU. Washington's got some players - Polk gave the Tiger's a handful and I really think Steve Sarkisian has got something cooking. I have some friends who went to the game from Lafayette and they said Husky stadium is the most beautiful setting for a college game they have seen. They said the campus is beautiful and all of the Husky fans were friendly. Just give Sarkisian some time and Washington football will be back with a vengenance - they really played with alot of emotion.

Thanks for the input. Our youth definitely has some talent, they just need to gain experience and time in the weight room. In addition to the two Polks (I was blown away by Chris Polk, (#1) RB who seemed to be a complete player), I was very surprised with the play of true 18 year old frosh James Johnson (#3, WR).

FWIW it seems that the LSU fans had an outstanding showing. Not only in the numbers traveling to the game but from what I hear they were by and large a real class act as far as fans go. As in perhaps the classiest visiting fans to Husky Stadium ever. People on the UW boards have been raving about the great LSU fans for the past few days... Tell your friend they did their team proud.

I do think Sarkisian will get our program turned around quick. I think by next year we could be competing for the Pac-10 title if the cards fall right for UW. For a long-shot, I could potentially see us in a minor bowl this year though I doubt it'll happen.

Anyway, for those who haven't been Husky Stadium it is definitely a great setting for college football. It should be even better when the remodel is done (the details are being worked on currently).

I'm just glad to see emotions be part of the team again. I haven't seen the 'Dawgs fight like that in years. I suppose that's what happens when coaches get you fired up instead of telling you to play without emotion (yeah, the last fraud coach instructed people to play without emotion, and if they didn't they were suspended or held out of games). I haven't been so happy to see a Husky game in nearly a decade, and that's saying a lot when you consider it was a loss...

I'm now in Black and Gold awaiting a Ram sacrifice/slaughter tonight in about 45 minutes:smile2:

Last edited:
Back