What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

Duke has a lot of connections to New Jersey. The family estate was near Princeton.

Growing up, we used to call it The University of New Jersey at Durham.

I'm pretty sure that the highest percentage of their students are from the NJ/NY/Phi area.

The committee doesn't usually schedule regular season rematches, but if they did, how sweet would it be to end KU's season?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Still a 9 seed in Palm's bracket. Back to playing VCU, in Auburn Hills, for right to play Michigan.

I'd like those matchups. Very tough games against solid coaches and great athletes, but at least if we got through the opener we wouldn't be facing a dramatically different style in the 2nd game. And Michigan is so young that they give a better chance for an early round upset than playing a senior dominated team like Kansas or Gonzaga.

I'd like those matchups. Very tough games against solid coaches and great athletes, but at least if we got through the opener we wouldn't be facing a dramatically different style in the 2nd game. And Michigan is so young that they give a better chance for an early round upset than playing a senior dominated team like Kansas or Gonzaga.

It would worry me, I'm not sure we have the discipline/handling to defeat VCU. This isn't one of their best teams, but it would still take a special effort.

We have had a tendency to turn the ball over tho....

Exactly. That's why it's a tough game. They all are in the Dance. But what we want is a matchup where if we play well we should win. I think that's exactly what a VCU game would be. Don't let them take you out of your game and you win.

The committee doesn't usually schedule regular season rematches, but if they did, how sweet would it be to end KU's season?

^ that's exactly how I feel, but I didnt want to mention it for fear of getting run out of dodge. They've got a bone to pick with KU after being embarrassed in december.

^ that's exactly how I feel, but I didnt want to mention it for fear of getting run out of dodge. They've got a bone to pick with KU after being embarrassed in december.

They will settle that score next year in Boulder ... For now, I will be pleased if CU even gets in the NCAA tourney, given the youth and (on court) talent level ... If they do, it is a great compliment to the coaching staff and to the determination and cohesion of the players

When was the last time CU made the dance two years in a row? We're sitting here getting worried about our seeding. Unthinkable just a couple years ago.

And here's the amazing thing - all indications are that we'll be in the dance again next year barring some kind of complete meltdown. Tad Effing Boyle, baby.

And here's the amazing thing - all indications are that we'll be in the dance again next year barring some kind of complete meltdown. Tad Effing Boyle, baby.

3 in a row has never happened. Hell, only 11 appearances total (4 better than Baylor, I might add).

I feel like in KC we would actually get some fans in there though. Up in philly we would have no fan support. I would prefer SLC, San Jose, KC in that order. Being in SLC in the West Bracket would be perfect. Give me an 11 seed in SLC and play against a #2 in LA in the sweet sixteen.
Well atleast one fan would show up (me).

First order of business -- get in. I hope we can duplicate the experience at New Mexico. Any of those three places we could do that IMO. Not sure which is the best, I'm going back-and-forth with the pluses and minuses of all three.

When was the last time CU made the dance two years in a row? We're sitting here getting worried about our seeding. Unthinkable just a couple years ago.
This obviously isn't Kentucky, but we kind of expect to be in this year. It's amazing how much expectations have changed. When I was there my sophomore year (2006), while it was a disappointing end of the season, it was still great to make the NIT (only year they made the postseason I was there). Now the NIT would be a major disappointment.

Well atleast one fan would show up (me).

First order of business -- get in. I hope we can duplicate the experience at New Mexico. Any of those three places we could do that IMO. Not sure which is the best, I'm going back-and-forth with the pluses and minuses of all three.

SLC, San Jose and KC are definitely preferable, but we'd have fans if we play in the East. Buffs in the East (like me) are always extremely pumped for the rare occasions CU comes East, and we have far more alumni out here than most probably think.

And yes, expectations have changed. However, this isn't the start of the season. We're in position to make the Dance. It's not "well if we make it, that's great! if not, well hey, we came close!". There's 4 games left. It would take a monumental collapse to not get in. I get that this is a young team and all that, but based on their play thus far this season, there's a standard to be accountable to, and it involves winning some remaining games and making the Dance.

Last edited:
That 44-year drought of not making the Sweet 16 is the one that I'm dying to break.

Yep. That's definitely one of the next steps. Just to give it a run down of how our conference foes stack up...

Colorado: 11 appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1969 Sweet 16.

UCLA: 44 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Final Four. 19 Sweet 16 or better since 1969, including National Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1995.

Arizona: 29 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2011 Elite 8. 14 Sweet 16 or better since 1969, including 1997 National Championship.

Utah: 27 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2005 Sweet 16. 6 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Cal: 17 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1997 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Washington: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2010 Sweet 16. 5 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Stanford: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Sweet 16. 4 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

USC: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2007 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Oregon State: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1982 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969

Arizona State: 13 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1995 Sweet 16. 3 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Oregon: 10 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2007 Elite 8. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Washington State: 6 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Sweet 16. 1 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Last edited:
Yep. That's definitely one of the next steps. Just to give it a run down of how our conference foes stack up...

Colorado: 11 appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1969 Third Place Game.

UCLA: 44 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Final Four. 19 Sweet 16 or better since 1969, including National Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1995.

Arizona: 29 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2011 Elite 8. 14 Sweet 16 or better since 1969, including 1997 National Championship.

Utah: 27 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2005 Sweet 16. 6 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Cal: 17 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1997 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Washington: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2010 Sweet 16. 5 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Stanford: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Sweet 16. 4 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

USC: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2007 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Oregon State: 16 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1982 Sweet 16. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969

Arizona State: 13 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 1995 Sweet 16. 3 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Oregon: 10 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2007 Elite 8. 2 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Washington State: 6 total appearances. Last Sweet 16 (or better): 2008 Sweet 16. 1 Sweet 16 or better since 1969.

Wow we are pretty far behind right now but if Tad keeps it up we can be in the top half of the PAC 12 before he retires.

Back