What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi's Bracketology Update: post-KSU

And he still has Mizzou, who we split with, tied with, and outperformed in the Big XII tourney, as an 8 seed.... :wow: :lol:

I second this....

who is this guy????

and why do people get so upset over someone's opinion? we all have opinions and some of us are right, some of us are wrong...

even the experts are wrong a fair amount of the time....
If Jerry Palm has an anti-CU bias, he developed it since 2001. He also projects BCS rankings, and in 2001 he was very high on the Buffs being worthy of playing for the NC.

this is standard operating procedure for cbs.sportsline. They get someone to write something outrageous to generate comments. He is the only one that has CU OUT (lol), he will probably put us as a last 4 in if we win the Big 12 tourney. One good thing about beating KSU is we beat them at home, on the road and a pseudo-neutral site (just like how neutral it would have been if the Big 12 tourney was in Denver)

If Jerry Palm has an anti-CU bias, he developed it since 2001. He also projects BCS rankings, and in 2001 he was very high on the Buffs being worthy of playing for the NC.

I get the feeling he's a pure stats and numbers guy. The computers loved us in 2001 if I can remember right.

I get the feeling he's a pure stats and numbers guy. The computers loved us in 2001 if I can remember right.

Palm is a mathematician who has a grad degree from Purdue. him having us out is a concern, to me. Jerry kind of invented this whole "bracketology (tm)" thing in the late 90's.

Palm is a mathematician who has a grad degree from Purdue. him having us out is a concern, to me. Jerry kind of invented this whole "bracketology (tm)" thing in the late 90's.

Who probably relies solely on the RPI calculation which again is THE MOST MEANINGLESS/WORTHLESS stat IMO

Who probably relies solely on the RPI calculation which again is THE MOST MEANINGLESS/WORTHLESS stat IMO

that's the BCS. i talk the rpi because it gets used by "the Committee" and they clearly prioritize it....enough they tried to keep the "formula" a secret inna day. short story about the rpi. i used to be in a basketball pick'em on another board. this board had college fans from all over the country, different conferences, lots of teams (me, Ohio State, USC, OU, UT, ATM, ND, Cal, Stan, Penn St., Indiana, Syracuse, Mizzou, Neb, Bama, Auburn, off the top of my head)....and had some very, very knowledgeable regular posters. so, for the pick em, i didn't have much time one year to watch games....so i made all my picks (as a stat stunt) based on the rpi. i finished 2nd, only losing on the final weekend because of a Miami-FSU game that went to OT. FSU won, but had Miami won i would have finished first out of 20 or so guys (who watched a lot more hoops than i did that year). now, i had to stratagize some down the stretch since i was in 2nd (which i did masterfully i must say).....but, straight rpi finished #2.

one comment which scared me said that he got the entire field correct the past 3 out of 4 years.

that's what i'm saying. Palm is much much better than Lunardi. now, i do think Lunardi gets inside info since he's the star boy at ESPN but that's just a theory.

that's what i'm saying. Palm is much much better than Lunardi. now, i do think Lunardi gets inside info since he's the star boy at ESPN but that's just a theory.

Something just doesn't seem to add up though. Where Lunardi's been wrong in the past in 1 or 2 teams on the last team in/first team out bubble, but they're so miles apart here. (missing 3 teams in 3 years, "much much better" seems like bit of a overstatement).

Something just doesn't seem to add up though. Where Lunardi's been wrong in the past in 1 or 2 teams on the last team in/first team out bubble, but they're so miles apart here. (missing 3 teams in 3 years, "much much better" seems like bit of a overstatement).

I guess we really need to see how these conference tourneys shake out. Things can change drastically in the next few days.

fair point. i just respect Palm a lot more since he's the one who created this "profession" for Lunardi. he started doing it on his own, started a website, answered all his emails....independent guy. Lunardi is like everything else on ESPN: "schtick".

fair point. i just respect Palm a lot more since he's the one who created this "profession" for Lunardi. he started doing it on his own, started a website, answered all his emails....independent guy. Lunardi is like everything else on ESPN: "schtick".

Guy picking CU >>> guy not picking CU. FACT.

For a little different perspective -- this is from Glockner at SI. Today, he has the Buffs as an 11 seed, playing 'Zona (6) in Tampa. He also broke down the teams he felt "should be in" or were "in the mix". Here's those teams with season record, conference record, rpi, and sos (note the Buffs rpi and sos are down to 64) -- the " ** " indicates the team is still playing, i.e., conference tourney:

UAB
(22-8, 12-4; RPI: 30, SOS: 67)

Harvard
(21-5, 12-2; RPI: 35, SOS: 157)(1 game playoff for conf. title)

Saint Mary's
(22-7, 11-3; RPI: 48; SOS: 100)

Missouri State
(25-8, 15-3; RPI: 42; SOS: 123)

VCU
(23-11, 12-6; RPI: 50, SOS: 84)

Memphis
(22-9, 10-6; RPI: 38, SOS: 58)**

Utah State
(27-3, 15-1; RPI: 17, SOS: 123)**

New Mexico
(20-11, 8-8; RPI: 72; SOS: 89)**

Richmond
(24-7, 13-3; RPI: 58, SOS: 141)**

Alabama
(20-10, 12-4; RPI: 83, SOS: 126)**

Georgia
(21-10, 9-7; RPI: 40; SOS: 39)**

USC
(19-13, 10-8, RPI: 65; SOS: 43)**

Washington
(21-10, 11-7; RPI: 45, SOS: 52)**

Penn State
(17-13, 9-9; RPI: 55, SOS: 5)**

Michigan
(18-12, 9-9; RPI: 57, SOS: 18)**

Michigan State
(17-13, 9-9, RPI: 47, SOS: 8)**

Illinois
(19-12, 9-9; RPI: 39, SOS: 16)**

Marquette
(20-14, 9-9; RPI: 59; SOS: 30)

Colorado
(20-12, 8-8; RPI: 64, SOS: 64)

Missouri
(22-10, 8-8; RPI: 31, SOS: 50)

Clemson
(20-10, 9-7; RPI: 60, SOS: 74)**

Virginia Tech
(20-10, 9-7, RPI: 66; SOS: 86)**

Boston College
(20-11, 9-7; RPI: 46, SOS: 36)**

Florida State
(21-9, 11-5; RPI: 44, SOS: 81)**

I'd love to play Arizona. They've stumbled lately and we played them very tough in Maui last year. We're both a lot better since then, but should still be pretty close. I'd love to see that matchup with BYU as the #3 seed awaiting the winner.

I am drooling over Lunardi's bracket with CU an 11 in Tucson playing Cinci and then San Diego State. No disrespect to SDSU, but if the Buffs have to play a 3 seed, I'd rather it be the Aztecs than someone like Syracuse.

If we end up being an 11-seed as many anticipate, then we're likely to be playing someone along the lines of Temple, Cincy, WV, Georgetown, UCLA, St. John's, Arizona, UNLV. Any of which would certainly be a winnable game.

Back