1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunch links: Mack wanted Charlie Weis

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jan 31, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By David Ubben

[​IMG]And then I said, ‘Uh, you know what? We need to get these bananas OUTTA HERE.’

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Big 12 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

at least twice on TV this season announcers doing a UT game made reference to UT needing to get back their identity as a physical running team. i'm not sure when this actually was, no real stud RB's since Ricky W or P. Holmes (who didn't actually play much at UT).....and Ced Benson never did a lot for me. i realize OL issues were a part of it this year for them....but it's not like McCoy or Vince were lining up and running over you with the zone read. the Simms O's were passing O's (with Benson in the mix)....and soft as the day is long. talented, but soft.

so, when Mack goes to hire for the deposed Greg Brown....he's got Weis and the Boise guy as first choices? not exactly the second coming of smashmouth football there....why the 180? I guess he's putting his money on Gilbert having better coaching to be a dropback, throw from a spot, statue kind of classic passer? Boise may be "balanced" (more balanced than people think)...but, still?