What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lynn Katoa in trouble

Maybe he felt he had to have something in his hand going into the appartment knowing one of then has a 50,000 watt stun gun!

Why is he going into the apartment in the first place? This was poor judgement and not only that it was criminal behavior.

There is no place for this from ANYONE. CU football player or not.

If Katoa's friends really cared about him, they should've been holding him back.

Thats exactly what I posted above. Where were his friends? Is the coaching staff going to have to have players start checking in with them every couple of hours?

If the academic jerks up there start clamoring for a re-birth of recruiting sanctions, we will have Sip, Katoa, and Geer to thank. Hopefully, level heads will prevail. I'd bet the general student population have fights every ****ing weekend. So, if this comes down on the football program, I'll be really pissed. However, in more calm moments, I realize that this too shall pass without becomeing nearly as big a deal as we might fear.

If the academic jerks up there start clamoring for a re-birth of recruiting sanctions, we will have Sip, Katoa, and Geer to thank.

Don't forget to give credit to that wonderful addition (aka dumb***) who had two issues last year and is no longer with the team. (If you don't know who I am talking about go ask Sip)

Time to:

1. Call the PC police to malign football players in general and the program

2. File some sort of lawsuit against the Katoa and the University

3. Consider throwing someone in admin to the wolves - there is still enough Hawk Love around it probably won't be him esp as he went to a bowl last season

4. Settle the suits for excessive $$$ to make it go away

5. Send the athlete to Florida State

Why is he going into the apartment in the first place? This was poor judgement and not only that it was criminal behavior.

There is no place for this from ANYONE. CU football player or not.

From what I heard last night was that when Katoa intered the appartment
there was a group in front of him. It was a semi-large group in there at the time! Thus, he didn't force entry! Now with that being said one of the Taser guys was one of those entering the place and the confrontation was near the door entry way.

I don't condone either acts leading up to this! It's just strikes me that as society produces more violent,graphic,illsuited language in video games,movies,fight promotions, ectects. There is no wonder 1 in 4 americans have been to jail! statistics from a friend of mine who works for ICE.

Maybe it's time to ban and eliminate these ingrediants that lead up to this behavior!

Maybe some of the younger set could speak to these questions:

What is the general attitude of the student body toward the student athletes?

Does there appear to be much resentment toward the student athletes in general among the student body that would contribute to incidents like this popping up?

Does there appear to be much resentment toward the student athletes in general among the student body that would contribute to incidents like this popping up?

I don't think there is any resentment, at least in my experience

Everyone is pretty chill with the football players and other student athletes when I see them on campus

I really don't think there is an underlying resentment towards athletes at all, no one is "out to get them"

Everyone is pretty chill with the football players and other student athletes when I see them on campus

I really don't think there is an underlying resentment towards athletes at all, no one is "out to get them"

There are kids who resent the fact they didn't have the talent to play D1 sports. And try anything to reduce that kid down to their level. It happens everywhere. Not just Boulder CO.

I was at a house last night with football players, I only recognized Jalil but everything was totally cool. They do seem to steal all the hotties though..:huh:

I was at a house last night with football players, I only recognized Jalil but everything was totally cool. They do seem to steal all the hotties though..:huh:

Yeah I agree with you two. I am always at a house where a lot of football players come by and there are no problems. They are cool with everyone, everyone is cool with them. Maybe it's just that the "better behaved" players go to that house?? I dunno, but I don't think you can group all of the football players in one category or all of the student body in one category.

There's a rumor that Katoa went overboard when racial slurs were directed at him. Great:huh:

Last edited:
I think that there is a very small minority of punks on campus that comes to CU thinking that they are the sh*t and when they get to CU and they find that they really aren't all that special they do what they do: be punks. Athletes are a special target for these punks because, well, they steal all the hotties. Punks who think that having an Escalade paid for by daddy makes them badasses get very punky when a campus celebrity shows up. I mean, what guy goes around with a taser? How punktastic.

Sounds just like his younger brother Tim back home in SLC.
He's nothing but trouble. He's facing assault charges himself.

There's a rumor that Katoa went overboard when racial slurs were directed at him. Great:huh:

Possibility he was provoked due to the use of "fighting words" i.e. racial slurs. However, unless this is a free speech issue won't help Lynn. He still battered the guy(s). This sucks. :sad2:

Sounds just like his younger brother Tim back home in SLC.
He's nothing but trouble. He's facing assault charges himself.

Well, we all know that LK overcame a rough life. That is what makes this case so sad. We all want to see him pull himself up and be successful.

Racial slurs or not, who gives him the right to beat the crap out of someone with a rock in their fist? Just like his younger brother.

His brother beat up his own teammate, kicked him 30 times in the head until there was blood coming out of his ears, and then left him to die.

I'm not saying racial slurs are ok. They aren't. But people need to learn to control themselves.

welcome gcfoster? I assume you joine AB for this thread? Do you have some inside info?

Racial slurs or not, who gives him the right to beat the crap out of someone with a rock in their fist? Just like his younger brother.

If some punk ass kids that I knew I could just destroy started calling me racial slurs AND kept egging me on to fight them AND tasered my friend, I'd beat the **** out of them too. He didn't do that much damage to these kids - they got what was coming to them, and Katoa will get what's coming to him as well. But that's bull **** that someone can do all that to someone and then call the cops, acting like the victim.

If some punk ass kids that I knew I could just destroy started calling me racial slurs AND kept egging me on to fight them AND tasered my friend, I'd beat the **** out of them too. He didn't do that much damage to these kids - they got what was coming to them, and Katoa will get what's coming to him as well. But that's bull **** that someone can do all that to someone and then call the cops, acting like the victim.

Agreed. And probably helps explain why one of the alleged victims refused to press charges.

This sucks - not because he's a 5* LB recruit, but because he sounds like he's overcome a lot in his life and in his first 2 months in college, he's in a situation that could ruin his academic and athletic career.

So, do you know the fulls story? All I've heard are stippets. What happened? I'd heard that a guy tased someone and then got in a car and split. What else have you heard?

His brother beat up his own teammate, kicked him 30 times in the head until there was blood coming out of his ears, and then left him to die.

Who gives a ****? Is his brother a CU student? Was his brother there when this happened? Did Lynn participate in what his brother did?

No? Then this kind of **** has no place here.

Back