What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac has a n open letter to be read on air...

Which phrase gets used first?

Lay a foundation

Embree has integrity

The great African-American Athlete

General reference to 1984.

I wonder if this is a response to Nik's open letter? :lol:

Lots of open letters going around these days

I'm starting to wonder if it's not. If it rachets up the pressure on the admin to invest in football, I would agree that it is good.

Exactly best of both worlds. New coach and pressure on the Admin to step up and support FB.

Mac has a right to vent like everyone else.

:nod:

If I can get my "Open Letters" published in the media that I use, Mac can certainly have his "Open Letter" read in his media of choice.

I hope those that are upset about this are worrying about him doing something do divide instead of to help heal. I hope for the same - healing. But he's entitled to speak his mind.

Or maybe you're worried that he'll say something else that will tarnish your image of him. It's his image to do with what he wants. Not ours.

I'll wait to hear him speak and cross my fingers. Respectfully. He's hurting, guys.

I starting to feel the same way. I'm not going to listen.

All x-players and x-coaches are furious at Bohn for getting rid of JE and the staff (some with deep ties to CU). They feel slighted and their just trying to embarrass Bohn, but instead, they're making themselves and CU as a whole look like arses.

I myself have ties to the athletic department. I myself wanted to give Embo 1 more year. But crying about it isn't going to change anything. Move on, forgive, forget, whatever. This may turn into a way bigger circus than it's already become.

I've got no problem with him being upset. I've got no problem with him thinking that Embree wasn't given enough time. He can certainly come out and express his feelings on those matters, without complaint from me.

But I don't think it helps anyone at this point to bash the athletic department, to say negative things about Bohn, Distephano, etc.

I would think that EVERYONE associated with or a fan of CU athletics would want to move FORWARD and see this program SUCCEED regardless of who is the head coach. Nothing McCartney says in his letter is going to give Embree his job back. Now is the time for everyone associated with CU to start trying to move forward to be a better athletic department, and a better football program.

OK guys so what did he say? 100% negative, 75% negative or balanced? (notice I am not not even giving the option of all positive b/c I don't see it happening.

:nod:

If I can get my "Open Letters" published in the media that I use, Mac can certainly have his "Open Letter" read in his media of choice.

I hope those that are upset about this are worrying about him doing something do divide instead of to help heal. I hope for the same - healing. But he's entitled to speak his mind.

Or maybe you're worried that he'll say something else that will tarnish your image of him. It's his image to do with what he wants. Not ours.

I'll wait to hear him speak and cross my fingers. Respectfully. He's hurting, guys.

I guess I am worried most about an agenda that is very devicive. He has the right to talk about the situation and express his displeasure, but at some point we need to stop all of the tearing the AD/Admin apart. I am hoping that if he goes down this road, he at least gives some credence to the shortcomings of Jon Embree and his lack of performance in many areas.

I applaude anyone who will advocate for the changes in the organization that will improve the program overall, there are many that need to accompany the changing of the coach for this next move to be successful. I am just afraid that we will not get that and we will hear more spewing of lies in an effort to accomplish a different agenda.

I'm finally moving on from all this. Embree is gone, Bohn gets his last chance to hire a football coach, and we have hope for next season. I've gotten way too worked up over everything the past couple days. Media people are going to say what they're gong to say

I am ok with anything he says, as long as the campaign to fire Bohn is also a campaign to let a new AD come in who's hire is not in any way directed by the former players and coaches. We've seen that this model doesn't work well and regardless of whether he stays or goes the personal attachment to one individual over the result on the field has got to end. I can't listen - but hope there is a change to the tone of the past 30 some hours, I don't expect that there will be, but I hope.....

im just happy that "supposedly" so many people "care" about the cu football program!.. how come last friday my seats at the 40 yardline 23 rows up were surrounded by no shows and unsold seats????????

For those of us in passive receive mode, has the letter even benn read yet? If so, did Mac himself read it? Will it be published? Has it even been read yet. Too damn many people in chat for somethign not have happened.

I still don't see all the negativity to Bohn. I have said it enough in enough threads that I'm not going to repeat it again here but he's presided over some major improvements at CU, hired Hawk who the whole world thought was a slam dunk and was "forced" to hire JE due to powerful interests and lack of funding.

Let's judge him on this hire.

I am ok with anything he says, as long as the campaign to fire Bohn is also a campaign to let a new AD come in who's hire is not in any way directed by the former players and coaches. We've seen that this model doesn't work well and regardless of whether he stays or goes the personal attachment to one individual over the result on the field has got to end. I can't listen - but hope there is a change to the tone of the past 30 some hours, I don't expect that there will be, but I hope.....

Exactly. I can't quite shake the feeling that their endgame here includes Mac taking over as AD..... :huh:

Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu Coach Bill McCartney, in an open letter, regarding firing of Jon Embree: "Men and women of Colorado, don't let this happen. This is wrong."

Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu
More Coach Macon firing of Jon Embree: "It undermines the values of the university. Please stand up and be counted."

and finally, Coach Mac on Embree firing: "To short-circuit a 5-year contract before 2 full years in an indictment of true integrity."

Embree being fired (and paid) by CU 3 years early = undermines the value of the university. Indictment of true integrity.

Mac quitting CU years early on his contract = ??

Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu Coach Bill McCartney, in an open letter, regarding firing of Jon Embree: "Men and women of Colorado, don't let this happen. This is wrong."

More Coach Macon firing of Jon Embree: "It undermines the values of the university. Please stand up and be counted."

and finally, Coach Mac on Embree firing: "To short-circuit a 5-year contract before 2 full years in an indictment of true integrity."

If this is the case, Coach Mac will be permanently disconnected from the Univ. of Colorado. Embree is done and it is over.

Ha - if that is what he says, then Camp Embree is going full on attack to take down Bohn. But Bohn is safe through this next coaching hire, whether they tear the University down or not, unless some sort of major scandal hits.

Embree being fired (and paid) by CU 3 years early = undermines the value of the university. Indictment of true integrity.

Mac quitting CU years early on his contract = ??

Where does letting your DC and LB coach fall on the sword as scapegoats land on a scale of 1 to true integrity?

Back