What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac: Not recommended listening unless you want TO GET FIRED UP!

I listened to it and decided to give it an hour before posting... Well damn I am still fired up and wishing this game was at 1pm not 5pm! I think I am going to put that on a cd and listen to it on the way all games in the car!

I've said this before about Barnett and I will say it again. He is a good football coach that got caught in a PR situation that he wasn't prepared to handle and got hung out to dry by a spineless administration. CU football got the Duke Lacrosse treatment from Mary Keenan and the administration of the university at the time didn't have the courage to stand up and fight for what was right.

The result was that Barnett was forced into a position of trying to defend himself and his players against a skilled attacker in a media environment that was looking for blood, he may have been very well equiped to adjust to an extra safety in the box or wide splits from the offensive line he was not prepared to deal with an ambitious lawyer once she got the ear of Paula Woodward at Channel 9 and Rick Reilly at SI.

Barnett did get paid very well for leaving but he also got stained in a way that has prevented him from getting another job doing what he loves, coaching. Even with all that I respect him completely because it would have been very easy for him to blame the university (with reason,) blame the players and assistants who were involved in the marginal stuff that gave the story just enough legs to keep going, blame the media, etc. Instead he has been very classy about the whole thing. I have never once heard him blame his assistants, he has stood solidly in support of his players, and he still says positive things about the university.

He may not have been the best coach CU ever had but he accepted blame for his faults and gave credit to others for his successes. Considering what we have now, and hopefully given an administration with a bit more backbone, I would prefer him to Hawk in an instant.

I agree with your assessment of GB and the scandal. My gripe with Barney and why I wanted him fired was with his skill at managing his coaching staff. It was clear to every one that GB had several lame ducks on his staff(okruch, pola, borbely) but he failed to take action and replace those coaches even though those coaches were causing the program to suffer. He put his loyalty to his coaches above his loyalty to the program. This is why I wanted him gone.

I'd just like to say **** Osborne again for voting Colorado 4th or whatever after playing the toughest schedule in the country, beating 7 ranked teams. **** him. He also wrote the book on cupcake schedules. What a spineless bitch.

Back