What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac on 102.3 NOW.....

I wonder What Mac's excuses are for Sac State, Fresno State, CSU?

Results don't lie. If JE and his crew were good, you would see it in the results. Not just wins, but across the board.

Great job if you can get em, ton $$$!!! absolute failure, but hey what the heck give him another year......Mac is out of touch, "Embree can talk any kids/recruits into CU". Don't see it, that BS was SOLD to buffs fan when he was hired.

Hows that working out?

I would post the current recruiting rankings but I don't feel like taking the time and we all know what it looks like. Apparently Mac doesn't though?

:lol: at this question. Mac is ignoring his point about the lack of recruiting evidence.

Damn, Mac seems to be making a case for us going to the spread option oregon offense. Must be what he told Embree to do.

Yeah. That's exactly why the targeted Dillon in the 2012 class... to be a spread option QB. This is getting really sad.

Spread offense does not equal a running QB. Not every spread offense is like Oregon's. You have the Houston offense with Keenum, Tech under Leach, and many others.

Yes. But Mac's talking Oregon style. That's not pocket passing. He's thinking of an offense designed for Kordell.

Embree is able to sell his program... a program than gets blown out by a DII team at home then shows no improvement all year. Yep, that is were I'd want my kid to play

Sat, Sep 08 MICHIGAN STATE-BOULDER L 21-24MH Cable
Sat, Sep 15 Oregon-at Eugene, Ore. L 20-27
Sat, Sep 22 Notre Dame-at South Bend, Ind. L 14-55
Sat, Sep 29 UCLA17BOULDER L 16-33
Sat, Oct 06 *Missouri-at Columbia, Mo. L 7-52KATZ
Sat, Oct 13 *IOWA STATE-BOULDER W 23-21WOI
Sat, Oct 20 *NEBRASKA5BOULDER L 7-24
Sat, Oct 27 *Oklahoma State10at Stillwater, Okla. L 14-20KATZ
Sat, Nov 03 *KANSAS-BOULDER L 27-28KOOD
Sat, Nov 10 *OKLAHOMA9BOULDER L 17-42KTVY
Sat, Nov 17 *Kansas State-at Manhattan, Kan. L 6-38

In 84 the score differential was 15.6 - 33. This year it is 16.3 - 46.4. The class year average in 84 was year 2.21. This year it is 1.95. In '84 we lost to 4 ranked opponents. This year, 3. So, I think Mac's argument is "arguable." It isn't totally invalid. '84 had a 20 man senior class. This year, we have only 8. I'd imagine if you analyzed playing time, Mac had more experience playing than we do this year.

Last edited:
DBT, you are comparing an OOC schedule of Mich St, Oregon, ND and UCLA to CSU, Fresno and Sac St...

Holy crap, I'm sick of listening to this bull****. Embree needs time because Mac needed time because Beemer (sp?) needed time. Blah, blah, blah. Give me a ****ing break Mac. There is ZERO ****ing sign of improvement or any inkling that Embree knows what he's doing.

DBT, you are comparing an OOC schedule of Mich St, Oregon, ND and UCLA to CSU, Fresno and Sac St...
Understand. I'm just putting out the numbers I can find. I don't feel like looking into how good or bad, say, Mich. St. was in '84. If you want to go to the trouble, I'd love to see it. In other words, we don't have a "strength of schedule" comparison. That is a valid point.

Yes. But Mac's talking Oregon style. That's not pocket passing. He's thinking of an offense designed for Kordell.

Oh ok, I wasn't listening but yeah we'd need a running QB for that :lol:

Oh and I read your conversation with Howell, was he being serious or just trying to counter your argument?

Sat, Sep 08
MICHIGAN STATE
-
BOULDER
L 21-24
MH Cable

Sat, Sep 15
Oregon
-
at Eugene, Ore.
L 20-27
Sat, Sep 22
Notre Dame
-
at South Bend, Ind.
L 14-55
Sat, Sep 29
UCLA
BOULDER
L 16-33
Sat, Oct 06
*Missouri
-
at Columbia, Mo.
L 7-52
KATZ
Sat, Oct 13
*IOWA STATE
-
BOULDER
W 23-21
WOI

Sat, Oct 20
*NEBRASKA
BOULDER
L 7-24
Sat, Oct 27
*Oklahoma State
at Stillwater, Okla.
L 14-20
KATZ
Sat, Nov 03
*KANSAS
-
BOULDER
L 27-28
KOOD

Sat, Nov 10
*OKLAHOMA
BOULDER
L 17-42
KTVY

Sat, Nov 17
*Kansas State
-
at Manhattan, Kan.
L 6-38

In 84 the score differential was 15.6 - 33. This year it is 16.3 - 46.4. The class year average in 84 was year 2.21. This year it is 1.95. In '84 we lost to 4 ranked opponents. This year, 3. So, I think Mac's argument is "arguable." It isn't totally invalid. '84 had a 20 man senior class. This year, we have only 8. I'd imagine if you analyzed playing time, Mac had more experience playing than we do this year.

Take CSU, Sac St., and Wash St. out of the equation, and which games have we been competitive in?

Holy crap, I'm sick of listening to this bull****. Embree needs time because Mac needed time because Beemer (sp?) needed time. Blah, blah, blah. Give me a ****ing break Mac. There is ZERO ****ing sign of improvement or any inkling that Embree knows what he's doing.

How about an example from 1995 or later. You know, since we've had the internet, cell phones, multiple 24-hour sports stations, camp circuits, etc. In other words, any examples that have occurred since the guys being recruited for 2013 were born?

Anyone have an issue this is all being put on the shoulders of freshmen making mistakes with no mention of the numerous coaching mistakes by inexperienced coaches.

Has Mac questioned in any possible way the performance of Embree?

OBTW... 7 years is not "impatient"

Anyone have an issue this is all being put on the shoulders of freshmen making mistakes with no mention of the numerous coaching mistakes by inexperienced coaches.

Smartest thing Hawkins ever said is that when a coach tells a player to do something using every teaching approach the coach can think of... and the player still doesn't get it... it means the coach is a horrible teacher.

How about an example from 1995 or later. You know, since we've had the internet, cell phones, multiple 24-hour sports stations, camp circuits, etc. In other words, any examples that have occurred since the guys being recruited for 2013 were born?
I was thinking of that too, but wanted to keep my rant short :lol:

Mac's biggest argument that I could understand was that Embree isn't ready, but he will be good if we give him lots of time like other coaches he cited. I noticed that he didn't cite other coaches that never got past the holy **** they suck stage. Only successful examples were provided...

I'm now off the fire Embree bandwagon. He's the guy for us, I've been convinced.

Embree should be given as many years as it takes to get 4 wins

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I understand what McCartney is saying. I get it. Here is the problem, to me. Well, a couple. Sorry, but Embree has nowhere close to the charisma that Mac had in his tenure. Mac was dynamic. Embree is, well, kind of "blah." Also, remember, and this may be an argument for Embree, Mac had a ton more support from the admin and less restrictions in those days.

Supposedly, there's will be a Mike Bonh announcement according to Buffscoop. Anyone heard anything on it?
Don't tell me Bonh just gonna make an announcement about an upcoming changes again...more BS!!

Understand. I'm just putting out the numbers I can find. I don't feel like looking into how good or bad, say, Mich. St. was in '84. If you want to go to the trouble, I'd love to see it. In other words, we don't have a "strength of schedule" comparison. That is a valid point.

I have no interest in wasting time trying to decide if Mac's schedule in 1984 was easier or harder than Embree's in 2012. Even a simple glance at the OOC schedule makes is glaringly obvious that the comparison is pointless.

Even if you can come up with an argument that the schedules are similar (which they aren't) it's still a pointless argument. Because Mac turned that program around does not, in any way, prove that Embree can or will turn this program around.

Back