What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac On Channel 4

Buffalo Brad

Club Member
Club Member
He looked very old and had trouble keeping the lid on. You could tell he is on a PR kick to try and fix the gaff from this AM. He called himself over the hill Bill and said these guys were much better than he would be if they could land them. They asked him if an offer was out and said that there would be a presser Monday and anything could happen between now and then. He said to tune in and find out.

Looked pretty pathetic and very old. Made me sad and I felt bad for him. I really think he may not have a role outside of unofficial (read not employed by CU) mentor Embo and EB.

Does not sound good. Maybe they made the right choise by not going the Mac way for the next HC

Mac did not have a good week. First the hippies nearly killed him, then he goes on to seemingly try and be the voice of the AD. I don't mind the "Black guy" comments, but I am sure that rubbed some people the wrong way and surely didnt help him at all.

This is why he would not have been a good HC right now... Gotta know how to handle today's media. Would have loved to have Mac as HC for a few years with Embree and EB on staff and privately groomed to take over but that isnt happening.

I didn't see it, so in my mind he still looks exactly like this:

bill_mccartney.jpg

I didn't like the wording he used regarding Jon and Eric because of the hyper sensitive PC media environment we live in today and I don't like the fact that he spilled the beans but I know the man's heart is in the right place.
http://twitter.com/viclombardi

Mac's fate will be similiar to that of a soldier, he will just slowly fade away.

coach mac is the ****! f*** that bull went down this week. cant disrespect the king.. love you mac! your the only coach in CU history that made this university a f****** powerhouse! god bless your soul

Lucinda font?

Take it easy on 60, it just takes him about 16 posts to get a full head of steam.

I'm really happy we have a sarcasm font now. It will make the site so much more fun to read. I would much rather let everyone know from the beginning that my post is sarcastic than letting people figure it out themselves. It is awesome.

I think it's a great week for him. He got his guys @ the U! He didn't want the job, this is what he wanted. Good on ya Mac!

I disagree, Mac still has it. He didn't do what he did for the heck of it. He had a reason.

I didn't see it, so in my mind he still looks exactly like this:

bill_mccartney.jpg

Damn you, Wally! That just made me emotional. Our coach. Looking forward to Embree being my kids' "coach" if/WHEN they go to CU. I just realized my twins are the same age I was when Mac was hired - foreshadowing perhaps?

FWIW, I always rember Mac not coming across well on TV. I remember watching his TV show in college and being surprise at how stupid he sounded on camera compared to how impressively charismatic he was when you talked to him in person. I don't think TV is his media but I have no doubt that he's still every bit as powerful and moving in person.

Yup. He's no different now imo.

FWIW, I always rember Mac not coming across well on TV. I remember watching his TV show in college and being surprise at how stupid he sounded on camera compared to how impressively charismatic he was when you talked to him in person. I don't think TV is his media but I have no doubt that he's still every bit as powerful and moving in person.

You should have seen me 20 years ago! I was a stud.

Anyway, I think Mac's love for the program is the only reason he got involved. He sounds very relieved that it went the way it did. I will never accept the term "pathetic" when it is associated with Mac.

I'm really happy we have a sarcasm font now. It will make the site so much more fun to read. I would much rather let everyone know from the beginning that my post is sarcastic than letting people figure it out themselves. It is awesome.

And I know you're serious when you say this is "awesome", because you didn't use the sarcasm font.

Watch and learn kids, this may actually be one of the finest posts in the history of Allbuffs.

And I know you're serious when you say this is "awesome", because you didn't use the sarcasm font.

Watch and learn kids, this may actually be one of the finest posts in the history of Allbuffs.

Walrus, your refusal to use hyperbole is why you are such a good poster.

Back