What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac Radio Show

Not sure how the CSU community feels, but I feel like Embree was a treated unfairly. At the end of the day this wasn't just about results on the field. From my perspective Bohn realized that the only way he maintained his job was to make the change this year instead of next. It was him or Embree and he threw Embree under the bus to save his own hide. Viewing it from the outside - the whole situation just seems absolutely toxic right now. I am definitely not feeling great about what is happening at CU right now.

Forgetting about Bohn for a second, how do you honestly think that Embree was treated unfairly?

Not sure how the CSU community feels, but I feel like Embree was a treated unfairly. At the end of the day this wasn't just about results on the field. From my perspective Bohn realized that the only way he maintained his job was to make the change this year instead of next. It was him or Embree and he threw Embree under the bus to save his own hide. Viewing it from the outside - the whole situation just seems absolutely toxic right now. I am definitely not feeling great about what is happening at CU right now.
Absolutely not, Embree and staff were utterly clueless, fans were leaving in droves, money pulled from the program - there was no hidden agenda.

23 months on the job is simply not enough time. IMO. Especially given the condition of the program when he arrived.

Wait...are you serious? Did you see the stats? I know a half empty stadium is the usual for the Lambs but not for CU. He didn't have to turn it around yet, just not get anally raped every week, which is exactly what happened.

23 months on the job is simply not enough time. IMO. Especially given the condition of the program when he arrived.

Here's the thing - it's not about 4-21, which in and of itself is bad enough. But look at how bad we were losing in year 2. We were getting flat-out embarrassed. Teams called off the dogs out of pity. We lost 8 games by at least 25 points, 6 of those by at least 34 points. In addition to that, we lost to CSU and Sac State, and you being pretty objective will undoubtedly admit that CSU was a lousy team this year.

I won't even get into all the stats that have been posted ad nauseum, but let me just say that were dead last in both scoring offense and scoring defense going into the last game. As in out of 124 FBS teams.

Did you watch any games of ours after we played you? We were going in reverse. Literally.

I watched a couple of games. It looked like he had fractured roster of kids who hadn't bought in. I am not saying he was the guy who could have brought it all together, but he deserved more time to get it right IMO. And if he wasn't going to get that time Mike Bohn should have been out the door before that call was ever made.

I am beginning to think a proper coaching staff could have made a bowl game in 2011.

CSquared...we were 55-0 to Fresno at the half. Teams we beat last year like AZ pounded us. Oregon beat us last year 45-2, they put up 70 points...in the three quarters. They had 500 yards of O AT HALFTIME. We were dead last in virtually every team category. No, he didn't need more time...he needed competence.

CSquared...we were 55-0 to Fresno at the half. Teams we beat last year like AZ pounded us. Oregon beat us last year 45-2, they put up 70 points...in the three quarters. They had 500 yards of O AT HALFTIME. We were dead last in virtually every team category. No, he didn't need more time...he needed competence.

Fiar enough. Look I am not defending Embree's record or the year. However, at the end of the day the administration allowed Mike Bohn to make the call to save his own tail. If one went, they both needed to go.

Fiar enough. Look I am not defending Embree's record or the year. However, at the end of the day the administration allowed Mike Bohn to make the call to save his own tail. If one went, they both needed to go.
Bohn didn't want this hire, FWIW

Maybe the correct read is that Bohn was pushed into a bad hire and then when revenues and booster issues arose over the disaster Bohn was told that he had the support to do what he wanted? Food for thought. Just sayin'.

Cmon Squared. What would happen at CSU next year with your coach Mac if he went 1-11 with a loss to FCS team, record setting losses, and the worst season in school history. You know for damn sure your AD would kick him to the curb since that would be so detrimental to the new stadium.

Cmon Squared. What would happen at CSU next year with your coach Mac if he went 1-11 with a loss to FCS team, record setting losses, and the worst season in school history. You know for damn sure your AD would kick him to the curb since that would be so detrimental to the new stadium.

I thought that was normal for them.

Really? I don't talk to MB so I'm not sure of anything. I also know not to believe everything I hear/read on the net.
Yes Bohn was pretty much forced into this hire. Boosters were unhappy. Football was losing lots of money between multiple sources and Bohn fired Embree. Makes sense seeing as how he didn't want the hire in the first place.

Anyone hear Lance Carl on at the end?? Completely agreed to w/ Mac (no shocker there), stating get rid of the AD and rehire JE. Reiterated the "injustice" angle.

Give it up. This was not an "injustice". Firing JE and refusing to pay him would have been unjust. JE walks away with $1.5 mil, just like the "contract" stated. The contract he signed. The contract that covered just such an instance if he were fired after 2 seasons, which he agreed to.

Sadly, I've got a better understanding of Mac after today.

BTW, I also thought the show was crafted to let some callers who oppose Mac in first (nice job, BCS, you were polite and respectful, and Mac went off the deep end), but at the end of the show callers supported Mac, followed by Bob (or as Kreckman called him, "Bill") Simmons, then Lance Carl following up with the "injustice" diatribe. Kreckman and CJ (and the producer) were terrible in letting the Mac rant go, Kreckman did "try" and point out some of Mac's ridiculous idea, but Mac ran the show-- and I think that sums up Mac, he wants to run the show.

Fiar enough. Look I am not defending Embree's record or the year. However, at the end of the day the administration allowed Mike Bohn to make the call to save the University's revenue streams. If Embree didn't go CU would end up like the Lammies with half-empty stadiums on Saturdays.

fify.....

(Dang! I'm wearin' out fixin' these mistatements and prevarications!)

Coach Mac and Embree are trying to prove a point that black coaches never get a second chance. The two of them doing this stunt will never get Embree hired again, mission accomplished.

Pretty sure the ones that DID get hired at different schools didn't go out into the media and play the race card. Some might be hired again, but Mac and Jon have almost made it an iron clad case that JE will never get another shot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

CSquared.

If CU is committed to excellence (or at least want to portray that they are), they need to fire Embree. The team's performance would have been laughable if not so embarrassing.

Additionally, we lost 2.5 million in just ticket sales. It was likely to be far worse next year.

Bohn didn't have a choice.

Where do you get your information that it was either Bohn or Embree?

CSquared.

If CU is committed to excellence (or at least want to portray that they are), they need to fire Embree. The team's performance would have been laughable if not so embarrassing.

Additionally, we lost 2.5 million in just ticket sales. It was likely to be far worse next year.

Bohn didn't have a choice.

Where do you get your information that it was either Bohn or Embree?

I guess from CSU's perspective these are foreign objectives. They have no tradition and would probably be delighted to play in a stadium that was only half empty.

Anyone hear Lance Carl on at the end?? Completely agreed to w/ Mac (no shocker there), stating get rid of the AD and rehire JE. Reiterated the "injustice" angle.

Give it up. This was not an "injustice". Firing JE and refusing to pay him would have been unjust. JE walks away with $1.5 mil, just like the "contract" stated. The contract he signed. The contract that covered just such an instance if he were fired after 2 seasons, which he agreed to.

Sadly, I've got a better understanding of Mac after today.

BTW, I also thought the show was crafted to let some callers who oppose Mac in first (nice job, BCS, you were polite and respectful, and Mac went off the deep end), but at the end of the show callers supported Mac, followed by Bob (or as Kreckman called him, "Bill") Simmons, then Lance Carl following up with the "injustice" diatribe. Kreckman and CJ (and the producer) were terrible in letting the Mac rant go, Kreckman did "try" and point out some of Mac's ridiculous idea, but Mac ran the show-- and I think that sums up Mac, he wants to run the show.

First off I go from chat here on my computer, to my car and turn it on in time to hear Mac say he was sorry he did this and walk off. Sounded full on 72 hour lockup was needed. Then Lance Carl says something that I'm still I'm not sure I heard right so someone correct me if I didn't.. he said a white coach couldn't go into a home of a black recruit in New Orleans who had a working single mom and a dad who hadnt been around in years and gain their confidence.... Is that not considered a racist stereotype at all?

Back