What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac will be back !!!

There are alot of good young coaches. I would like to see fresh blood. No disrespect to Mac - he's a legend.

this..

I don't know any by name, but I bet there are some Pac 10 assistants that are very good that are ready for a head coaching job.

But again, I prefer EB.

Personally this guy would be a great option if you are looking for an up and comer. If Petrino leaves Arkansas alot of us think this guy will be the one to replace him. He is our best recruiter and an excellent coach, and he understands the old Big 8. He also does a fantastic job recruiting in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Texas. I'd hate to lose him at Arkansas but he would be a great pickup for CU IMO. The only ? would be his ability to recruit in California.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/V...C&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=1364555&Q_SEASON=2009

Hard for me to get excited about Gary Patterson. While his teams have been good, his entire freaking roster is from fertile Texas. Hard to know if his success would be the same at CU. No slam dunk in my opinion.

I have no problem going after either of them -- but they appear to be Dan Hawkins redux, IMO. Lots of wins at non-BCS schools.

Patterson generally has a salty defense, which I would very much like to see CU return to.

I have no problem going after either of them -- but they appear to be Dan Hawkins redux, IMO. Lots of wins at non-BCS schools.

Patterson generally has a salty defense, which I would very much like to see CU return to.
What's the alternative? One of these coaches will be available at the end of the season - Steve Spurrier, Mark Richt, Les Miles. They all are proven winners, but I don't think CU could afford any of them.
work..jpg

What's the alternative? One of these coaches will be available at the end of the season - Steve Spurrier, Mark Richt, Les Miles. They all are proven winners, but I don't think CU could afford any of them.
View attachment 5193

CU can't afford Patterson or Mendenhall (sp) either.

About all CU will be able to afford is an assistant coach, looking to go from $350k per year to $1.2m per year.

CU can't afford Patterson or Mendenhall (sp) either.

About all CU will be able to afford is an assistant coach, looking to go from $350k per year to $1.2m per year.

Hey, it just dawned on moi. That gives credence to the "Mac for 2 to 3 years" rumor. Mac would take over. Get the program on the right foot. We go into the PAC, get the increased revenue and then bring in big time hire. Yeah. Its all getting clear to me now. Except that Hawkins is going to turn it around this year.

Hey, it just dawned on moi. That gives credence to the "Mac for 2 to 3 years" rumor. Mac would take over. Get the program on the right foot. We go into the PAC, get the increased revenue and then bring in big time hire. Yeah. Its all getting clear to me now. Except that Hawkins is going to turn it around this year.

U had better be right.....otherwise, I will return to Arvada and seek out your pink-suited, Kurt Cobain-faced persona, and kick your butt....

U had better be right.....otherwise, I will return to Arvada and seek out your pink-suited, Kurt Cobain-faced persona, and kick your butt....

Bring it on, asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, if I'm wrong, that is. Which I won't be. :smile2:

I think the value of Mac is not his coaching (I always thought he made questionable game day decisions), it's his ability to hire quality assistants. Yes he's getting up there in age, but if he were brought in to "right the ship" and bring in quality assistants that would be great. Among the young assistants would be Mac's eventual successor, and he would lead the program forward longterm (not Mac). Mac could also be valuable in dealing with the CU administration ("look if you want to win, here's what changes need to be made ...")

Back