What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre And Staff To Present Football 101 For Women

I got this point ad naseum. But I disagree with what you perceive to be the target audience. I think the target audience also includes women who are knowledgable about football, and I think that group might reasonably furrow their brow at the name.

It seems a number of posters have painted those who are in disagreement with the name as people who are going out of their way to be offended. I'd place my girlfriend in quite a different category, but she clearly understood how the name might alienate some members of the target audience. You are certainly permitted to have your own opinion in the matter--I'm sorry if I've suggested otherwise.
I never said that it could not be offensive to some, only that to whom it is offensive, I fail to take seriously on this point. Life is full of offenses. Some are intentional, some accidental. Some offenses are minor, some are major. I really don't think this is worth the trouble.

Oddly enough, my own view of myself hinges not a whit on my opinion on this matter or this thread, you are reaching in the worst way.[/QUOTE]

I agree on your point on offenses. Why is this relevant to any of our self-views? My point is that the AD should have anticipated some response and eliminated the opportunity. What does that have to do with your self view? Sorry this thread isn't about you, I wasn't aware that was the point.[/QUOTE]

I guess when you said: "I'm pretty much to the point of believing that posters on this site are willfully refusing to see how it might be offensive because it somehow makes them feel good about themselves.", I took it to mean you were injecting your opinion of others' self-awareness into the discussion, perhaps I misread it.

Name: Women of Colorado Football

Conference style scheduling:
Intro - all

Session 1: (pick 1)
Football 101
Film Study

Session 2 (pick 1)
Nutrition
Sports Medicine

Session 3 (all)
Weight Room
Practice Field

Session 4 (all)
Locker room
thunder shoot
Follow Ralphie around Folsom

Session 5
Reception

Wait change it to what? The Colorado Rabbits? Hell with that, the buffalo is who we are. You mean the camp, I went back and read sorry. What I do know is football is the cash cow. If we suck, they play nada.

I never said that it could not be offensive to some, only that to whom it is offensive, I fail to take seriously on this point. Life is full of offenses. Some are intentional, some accidental. Some offenses are minor, some are major. I really don't think this is worth the trouble.

Oddly enough, my own view of myself hinges not a whit on my opinion on this matter or this thread, you are reaching in the worst way.

I agree on your point on offenses. Why is this relevant to any of our self-views? My point is that the AD should have anticipated some response and eliminated the opportunity. What does that have to do with your self view? Sorry this thread isn't about you, I wasn't aware that was the point.[/QUOTE]

I guess when you said: "I'm pretty much to the point of believing that posters on this site are willfully refusing to see how it might be offensive because it somehow makes them feel good about themselves.", I took it to mean you were injecting your opinion of others' self-awareness into the discussion, perhaps I misread it.[/QUOTE]

Fair point.

To me the poor messaging is so glaring, I guess I'm baffled that others don't see it. I'm not the sort that looks for offenses in life. But here is a group of folks that claim to not under any circumstances to see how this could possibly be viewed as sexist to anybody. It just seems that some would like to highlight their callousness. Which is odd to me, because some of those claiming no offense are extraordinarily thin-skinned in my observation. T

hat was what I was going for, but now I understand your response.

Name: Women of Colorado Football

Conference style scheduling:
Intro - all

Session 1: (pick 1)
Football 101
Film Study

Session 2 (pick 1)
Nutrition
Sports Medicine

Session 3 (all)
Weight Room
Practice Field

Session 4 (all)
Locker room
thunder shoot
Follow Ralphie around Folsom

Session 5
Reception

This sounds awesome & something I would definitely attend. Please forward to RG & MM. Thanks. :)

The message is that (in your words) "they don't need to". In other words, men don't need the class, but women do.

Now I know you're just trolling. Congratulations, you had me for a while there. I'm a sucker for these kinds of "debates".

Back