What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre considering adding an eighth QB

The article doesn't say the signing is imminent or that it's a done deal. MM might be exploring options in case there's a massive QB defection after spring ball is over.

I'm guessing Gold is a glass half full type of guy.

Low risk, medium reward IMO. I think this is a good idea.
hmpfff. Agreed on this point - IF the QB situation shakes out. Rather have a raw QB with all the tools on scholly if he replaces someone who we know can't cut it.

MacIntyre considering adding an eight QB

Neither do I, but this does confirm my fears that we have no viable QBs currently on the roster.

Don't you think it's just a bit too early to close the book on Dillon after 8 practices in a brand new system?

It is too early to write off Dillon, but the "brand new system" excuse is pure, unadulterated bull****.

Don't you think it's just a bit too early to close the book on Dillon after 8 practices in a brand new system?
Maybe I should clarify what I mean when I say "viable". I mean that as of right now, it sure as hell does not look like we have a QB on the roster that will be decent.

As for Dillon, he's a RS-FR and looks like a 15 y/o kid from his pic. Maybe he'll put on weight. Maybe he'll recover from his shoulder (??) injury. Or maybe he's just not close to ready. And yes I know, there are numerous examples of RS-FR QBs that started and did great, I'd call them outliers more than the typical cases.

And by bringing in yet another QB (especially one that has 4 years to play 3), it sure seems to me like MM doesn't have tons of faith in the current set of QBs on the roster. Including Dillon.

Shoot. Me. Now. So none of our QB's are ready to play and the only one that has any kind of excuse is Dillon. Great. Gonna be a great season.

Holy tap-dancing Jeebus. I guess the more QB's you have, the higher the chance that one can actually play. It's still only two weeks into NewMac's first spring so maybe Dillon or Hirsch (or Sefo this summer) will get a clue in time for the Spam game.

You can play or you can't.

I understand that, but there's still the fact that the coaches are implementing a new system with new terminology and all that good stuff

So, what about all the Dillon love? I thought he was can't miss. How is it that we keep getting decent QB recruits who apparently suck big time?

So, what about all the Dillon love? I thought he was can't miss. How is it that we keep getting decent QB recruits who apparently suck big time?

Way too early to come to any conclusions about Dillon

Well if MM is recruiting and EIGHTH QB to the roster, then he is apparently coming to a conclusion on Dillon. And his conclusions count.

Don't mistake conclusions on 2013 as final conclusions.

And Tini, I don't think you do understand the concept of what I was saying above.

Dillon is stilla RS-Fresh - so definitely too early. But obviously not a good sign that his body has developed and he didn't show enough to earn the job.

Well if MM is recruiting and EIGHTH QB to the roster, then he is apparently coming to a conclusion on Dillon. And his conclusions count.

Or is he coming to conclusions about Hirshman and Webb and the rest of the QB's sans Dillon while thinking that Dillon may not be ready this year?

By all metrics Dillon was more highly regarded coming out of HS than this guy. His stats at the community college do not wow me. Since Butte scored a lot of points but he only had 12 TDs it would indicate they ran the ball alot. Do you know if he started?

When you look at what we have then this starts to make sense.

Webb - Record says it all, we (and Kansas) have seen his act and it doesn't make it. On pace to lose more games than any other D1 QB starter ever has.
Hirsch - Slow release, marginal accuracy, fragile feet. Has had multiple game experiences but never taken the job. Shown some good, more bad
Wood - Highly recruited out of HS, has done nothing since to justify it. In his few opportunities in games was less than impressive
Schrock - Couldn't get a D1 scholly out of HS, never played a down of D1 football
Dorman - Nobody else wanted him, those who have seen him know report there is a reason, never played a down of D1 football
Dillon - Could be a talent for the future but coming off shoulder surgery and still skinny and physically immature, never played a down of D1 football, wasn't in high demand from other schools.
Sefo - May be the most talented QB recruit we have had in years but still will be a true fr. who while he had other schools sniffing around didn't have other reported offers.

If the first 5 on the list left tomorrow would anybody miss them. Would any other major conference school offer them a scholly?

I hope this is an indication that multiple QBs have been advised that their careers at CU have reached their ceiling and that if they want to play another location (and level) would be in their best interest.

Even if Sefo is the real deal and Dillon develops we are still arguable thin in terms of guys who can actually play. Putting them in before they are ready is likely to shellshock them and just add to our QB futility. At worst this guy may buy us some time and add some actual depth, not just a warm body.

I'm reading this news with excitement. I've already written off that our QB will be good enough this year to make a big impact.

This kid has 3 years left.
Dillon has 4 years left.
Sefo has 5 years left (and is a complete wildcard). Before you beat me up on that one, think Superman. We don't know yet.

This only makes sense if we are going to lose 2 scholarship QBs.

We need more competition in here for the job, especially if the staff thinks he could at least compete with Dillon for the future, if not for this year.

What do you consider 'high demand'? Dillon committed early but had offers from Arizona, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, and I know Miami and Alabama were recruiting him.

Screw it, at this point we should almost just give the ball to one of the RBs or CBs and run the wishbone or some other form of option football.

Nelson Fishback???
simpsons_nelson_haha.gif

Well, I'll say this. He's got a rifle. There's a youtube video of he and Cal QB Zach Kline making various throws and he has every bit as much heat on it as Zach, who is generally regarding as having an outstanding arm.

I see him as a replacement for the bottom few of our QBs (Dorman, Wood, Shrock?). Guessing this means they're likely to roll out.

I think this just means Dillon isn't ready.

I know we were never really after him once we landed Sefo, and he was originally bound for Okie Lite, but this news is not very welcome considering I read a tweet today in my twitter feed talking about how well Luke Del Rio is playing Spring ball as a walk-on at Bama.

Even Hogan didn't start until half way through the season. We might have unfair expectations of Dillon off the bat.

We all knew our options outside of Dillon were poor. So if we're replacing those poor options with an upgrade, that's ok.

I'm tempted to drink the other half of this glass so it can be completely empty, but it will remain half full until September.

Back