What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre considering adding an eighth QB

Hogan should have started from the beginning, and the depth chart at Stanford did in fact look slightly different.

I see him as a replacement for the bottom few of our QBs (Dorman, Wood, Shrock?). Guessing this means they're likely to roll out.

I think this just means Dillon isn't ready.

I see him as a replacement for Dorman and either Wood or Hirschmann, and likely Wood (speculating here)

Leaves:
Webb 1 year
Hirsch or Wood 2 years
Fishback 3 years
Dillon 4 years
Sefo 5 years

That's the way most QB depth charts look.

Hogan should have started from the beginning, and the depth chart at Stanford did in fact look slightly different.

That is true. Although no one was impressed with Nunes. He was very pedestrian.

They are comparable in that they were both 3* recruits per Rivals, roughly the same size although Hogan weighs more and Dillon is taller, with similar offer lists. I believe Hogan was rated 15th QB in 2011, and Dillon was 13th in 2012. It's not like Dillon can't hang in the same sentence as Hogan. But I'm not sure what Duff meant, could have been something different than what I'm thinking.

The Quarterback position is important. But 12 TD and 7 INT at Juco level not inspiring. Maybe he will walk on.

I guess I'm one of the few people on the same page as Duff here. Forget the scholarship numbers. The truth is we have 0 who we can win with.

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

End of the day, it's all about improving the position. I'm sure plenty of answers will come after spring ball, we won't have 8 qbs for sure lol.

I think part of it is Ringo knows how to push CU's buttons. This article comes out during a quiet news period and predictably it's all we can talk about. And because Ringo is involved, I am sure we're getting a warped view of reality.

I think part of it is Ringo knows how to push CU's buttons. This article comes out during a quiet news period and predictably it's all we can talk about. And because Ringo is involved, I am sure we're getting a warped view of reality.

I think the fact a Juco QB visits in the middle of spring ball is very news worthy! We have a QB race going on and it's pretty clear the young stud (most fans are praying is the real deal) has not secured the job away from the 3 older guys we already don't believe in...

I see him as a replacement for Dorman and either Wood or Hirschmann, and likely Wood (speculating here)

Leaves:
Webb 1 year
Hirsch or Wood 2 years
Fishback 3 years
Dillon 4 years
Sefo 5 years

That's the way most QB depth charts look.

And then two 2014 QB recruits.

:smile2:

I think the fact a Juco QB visits in the middle of spring ball is very news worthy! We have a QB race going on and it's pretty clear the young stud (most fans are praying is the real deal) has not secured the job away from the 3 older guys we already don't believe in...

Agree it's news worthy, but I'm skeptical of the source and his angles. Look at some of the things he said in the article "MM recruiting 8th QB on the roster". Does anyone think we'll have 8 QBs on the roster come September? Do we know the level of recruitment from MM, or did Fishback approach first? It's coming at a time when team news has dried up for a few days. It's probably on the level, but I don't trust or like Ringo as a reporter.

I don't like Ringo, but it is relevant to the situation to point out how many QBs on the roster.

1. Wood
2. Webb
3. Hirschman
4. Dorman
5. Dillon
6. Sefo (coming in)

How are people getting to 8? Heck, all HCMM needs to do is move Webb to receiver and Dorman to safety (where he played in hs). Then it's just a single QB in each class. That's not excessive. 5 is a fine number.

MacIntyre considering adding an eight QB

What do you consider 'high demand'? Dillon committed early but had offers from Arizona, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, and I know Miami and Alabama were recruiting him.

Ohio state never offered. They were recruiting him but backed off a bit after junior year. Miami was recruiting him and to Alabama he was just on a long list of potential plan C's. there is a reason he committed here. Possibly the same reason sego did. Lack of offers.

How can we have 10% of our roster in qb's and not one of them can step to the front of the line.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Obviously our previous blind squirrels are still searching for their nuts.

1. Wood
2. Webb
3. Hirschman
4. Dorman
5. Dillon
6. Sefo (coming in)

How are people getting to 8? Heck, all HCMM needs to do is move Webb to receiver and Dorman to safety (where he played in hs). Then it's just a single QB in each class. That's not excessive. 5 is a fine number.

Schrock would be 7 and Fishback is the 8th. It's hard to keep count these days.

Schrock was put on scholarship?
Will Fishback be on scholarship or will he have to earn it?

We also don't know if HCMM is looking for depth, he may have his starter in mind, but look at the rest of the QBs and realize there is no one behind him and if there is an injury we are screwed. Point is we don't actually fully 100% know what HCMM's thought process and reasoning are with this, but being as he is a builder and knows you need to start with a foundation to build up with from there. This seems like a foundation piece to build up with, not a final answer.

We should all with hold judgment until after spring ball and we see where everything/everyone shakes out, both on and off the roster.

As long as his presence doesn't chase off a better QB,which I'm 9 million percent sure won't happen,this can't hurt

Will Fishback be on scholarship or will he have to earn it?

We also don't know if HCMM is looking for depth, he may have his starter in mind, but look at the rest of the QBs and realize there is no one behind him and if there is an injury we are screwed. Point is we don't actually fully 100% know what HCMM's thought process and reasoning are with this, but being as he is a builder and knows you need to start with a foundation to build up with from there. This seems like a foundation piece to build up with, not a final answer.

We should all with hold judgment until after spring ball and we see where everything/everyone shakes out, both on and off the roster.

He would surely be on scholarship.

Good points on the rest.

12 TD and 7 INT not that inspiring to me for a JUCO transfer. Might as well keep the scholarship for the 2014 recruiting class.

Disagree with even considering this. Embree recruiting QB's like they were varieties of breakfast cereal. There is just no reason on a rebuilding staff.

Disagree with even considering this. Embree recruiting QB's like they were varieties of breakfast cereal. There is just no reason on a rebuilding staff.

Yeah. Good point. Embree brought in several guys who can't play. So Mac shouldn't bring in anymore....

MM obviously is concerned with his QB choices. I'm all for him taking initiative to get someone else to compete. We are desperate. Other QBs will change position or transfer. Hope SOMEONE stands out!!!

That stat line is okay all things considered. You can win games with it at least.

Back