What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre is different

Nope. We don't post pics of other members on the site. If someone chooses to post a pic of him/herself, that's their business. But this is kind of an important rule in terms of "worlds colliding" and potential professional life ramifications.
True words. We can all learn from the mistakes of Jared Fogle.

Any anti-Mac rhetoric a couple weeks before opening day is some serious turd-in-the-punchbowl quality posting. Timing is everything.
This.

Anything less than 3 wins ooc and 1 conference win, and I will probably conclude he needs to be shown the door. 4-9 with one conference win, and RG should seriously consider going "another direction." 5-8 or better, and presuming no train wreck in recruiting, and there should probably be another year of Mac & Co.

But right now, when we're 0-0, it's time to support the team and coaches we have now.

RG is the best thing to happen to the Football program, and the Athletic Dep't as a whole, in decades. But remember, RG did not hire MM, so in RG's eyes MM is not viewed as new blood. My opinion is that Leavitt is twice the coach of HCMM, and RG knows that.

I concur completely and would much prefer to have Leavitt as the head coach right now. Not sure why this idea does not get any play on these boards - Leavitt is a proven, high level head coach in my mind. He's both a brilliant football coach and inspirational, which is key to winning games and being a terrific recruiter. I also think that Leavitt likely has a terrific coaching tree, which would lead to him hiring outstanding assistant coaches.

I concur completely and would much prefer to have Leavitt as the head coach right now. Not sure why this idea does not get any play on these boards - Leavitt is a proven, high level head coach in my mind. He's both a brilliant football coach and inspirational, which is key to winning games and being a terrific recruiter. I also think that Leavitt likely has a terrific coaching tree, which would lead to him hiring outstanding assistant coaches.
Mod edit: Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.

Anything less than 3 wins ooc and 1 conference win, and I will probably conclude he needs to be shown the door. 4-9 with one conference win, and RG should seriously consider going "another direction." 5-8 or better, and presuming no train wreck in recruiting, and there should probably be another year of Mac & Co.

But right now, when we're 0-0, it's time to support the team and coaches we have now.
Well said.

That's because you can't see the back of your own head, dummy.
Lulz

postar_gif_LOL.gif

Not sure if I feeding a troll, but your use of the phrase "likely has a terrific coaching tree" indicates you don't know and are therefore pull crap out of the air. If you were paying attention, you'd know that CJL comes from Bill Schneider's tree. Is that better than Bill Parcels / David Cutcliff? Up for debate.

You are also implying that to get the best assistants is to come from a good tree, while arguing that the assistant hired by HCMM should replace him. Stop and think about that logic for a minute.

Not sure if I feeding a troll, but your use of the phrase "likely has a terrific coaching tree" indicates you don't know and are therefore pull crap out of the air. If you were paying attention, you'd know that CJL comes from Bill Schneider's tree. Is that better than Bill Parcels / David Cutcliff? Up for debate.

You are also implying that to get the best assistants is to come from a good tree, while arguing that the assistant hired by HCMM should replace him. Stop and think about that logic for a minute.

Leavitt obviously has a great coaching tree. I was trying not to draw too much attention to the fact that MM does not. You apparently don't know the full story on why Jim Leavitt came to Boulder - I'll leave it at that.

Leavitt obviously has a great coaching tree. I was trying not to draw too much attention to the fact that MM does not. You apparently don't know the full story on why Jim Leavitt came to Boulder - I'll leave it at that.

No. I think you should fill us all in.

you don't have the cred to say this sort of thing. provide a story and sources or GTFO with this kind of nonsense.

Gotcha. Bill Schneider > Bill Parcels. FACT!
Please enlighten us of the full story, and not some third-hand internet know-it-all who heard from his cousin's boyfriend at the Burrito stand that RG was going to fire MM unless he hired JL.

The fact that people believe RG would fire his head coach and then hire the defensive coordinator under that head coach that underachieved really lowers my thoughts on the buffs fan base as football fans. That would be the dumbest move in the history of college football especially since recruiting hasn't met expectations so far, it would only get worse.

The fact that people believe RG would fire his head coach and then hire the defensive coordinator under that head coach that underachieved really lowers my thoughts on the buffs fan base as football fans. That would be the dumbest move in the history of college football especially since recruiting hasn't met expectations so far, it would only get worse.
I'm sure you think that's true with the information you have. I'll leave it at that.

Lots-o-turds in the punch bowl today.

Some folks just can't wait until after some embarrassing loss to get bitter.

This is kool-aid season, yo.
We've had Nov14-Jul15 to go over all this.

Boo bird season usually comes after something more embarrassing than carefully crafted fall training camp press reports.

I don't think many fans believe that. I certainly don't. Hence the many arguments with 233 and drunk. 2 posters (one of which was seriously red on the rep scale on the old site) do not represent the buffs fan base.

I don't think many fans believe that. I certainly don't. Hence the many arguments with 233 and drunk. 2 posters (one of which was seriously red on the rep scale on the old site) do not represent the buffs fan base.
Tru dat. Mac has taken the worst P5 team in the country and in his 3rd year has them on the brink of a turnaround. I know it still has to happen, but there is no denying this team is waaay better than the one he inherited. I like to keep in mind that if we we're in the PAC12 north, I'm guessing most predictions would have us bowling this year. His job is so difficult...building in the toughest division in CFB. Count me as a Mac fan...for now...gotta see what he does this year.

haha - gotta love the drive by posters who think "they know"!

Back