What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre post-practice videos

Doubled down on worst bcs team comments
That was valid the first 2 years, but we have the athletes and have competed and could've won all of our games so far (ASU possible exception). It is the boneheadedness that hasn't changed and if it continues...this season is going to suck. When players continue to struggle with same issue...that's on the coaches...they need to figure a way to get through to these guys.

That was valid the first 2 years, but we have the athletes and have competed and could've won all of our games so far (ASU possible exception). It is the boneheadedness that hasn't changed and if it continues...this season is going to suck. When players continue to struggle with same issue...that's on the coaches...they need to figure a way to get through to these guys.

upload_2015-10-12_12-13-36.jpeg

Prob reading too much into this, but the whole interview could be summed up with a big shoulder shrug. Doesn't know if the kids are angry...doesn't know why they had busted coverage...doesn't know why they aren't executing...answers aren't really building any confidence for me.

Prob reading too much into this, but the whole interview could be summed up with a big shoulder shrug. Doesn't know if the kids are angry...doesn't know why they had busted coverage...doesn't know why they aren't executing...answers aren't really building any confidence for me.

From what I have heard from other coaches on our staff, not Mac, things keep showing up in games that they haven't seen happen in practice. Doesn't really surprise me why he doesn't know whats happening with some of the execution issues.

From what I have heard from other coaches on our staff, not Mac, things keep showing up in games that they haven't seen happen in practice. Doesn't really surprise me why he doesn't know whats happening with some of the execution issues.
Then is there an issue with how practices are run? I honestly have no idea how all that works so don't even know how smart or stupid my question is. Just gotta be a frustrating game of whack-a-mole for the coaches and players.

Then is there an issue with how practices are run? I honestly have no idea how all that works so don't even know how smart or stupid my question is. Just gotta be a frustrating game of whack-a-mole for the coaches and players.

Like against Oregon, when Lindsay fumbled with no contact, Adams said for some reason PL put the wrong arm on top of the ball. He had never seen him do that in practice in the two years PL has been here. He has no idea why he did it in the game. There are things like that happen every game and its probably why the coaches are getting so pissed, they may not actually know what the hell to do about it right now.

That justification for keeping Sefo in the whole game is pretty freaking weak.

Just so I'm clear, did everyone else read the justification as, "We're fvcked if Sefo doesn't get out of this funk and find a rhythm. So no matter how fvcking stupid it may seem to leave him in there to continue taking a beating despite a hopeless score, it's what I've got to do. All hope for this season rests on Sefo playing at a higher level, which we fvcking counted on. So, yeah, I left his ass out there. That fvcker's got to figure this out or the ship is gonna sink."

Last edited:
Just so I'm clear, did everyone else read the justification as, "We're fvcked if Sefo doesn't get out of this funk and find a rhythm. So no matter how fvcking stupid it may seem to leave him in there to continue taking a beating despite a hopeless score, it's what I've got to do. All hope for this season rests on Sefo playing at a higher level, which we fvcking counted on. So, yeah, I left his ass out there. That fvcker's got to figure this out or the ship is gonna sink."
That's the only way anything makes sense

Mac is killing himself over not preparing Montez to play this year. They assumed Sefo would progress, and he has awfully regressed. The coaches should have given Montez reps in practice in the event they would need to throw him into the mix. Now, they are completely ****ed, and the coaches are facing the reality that their coaching lives are in serious jeopardy.

Mac is killing himself over not preparing Montez to play this year. They assumed Sefo would progress, and he has awfully regressed. The coaches should have given Montez reps in practice in the event they would need to throw him into the mix. Now, they are completely ****ed, and the coaches are facing the reality that their coaching lives are in serious jeopardy.
Montez did get reps in fall camp. He gets reps in the practice team. He had his chance to earn the playing time this year and he simply wasn't ready. Thats the reality of not being a superstar high school qb. Most of the time they don't come in ready to play right away. Thats not a knock against Montez, its just reality.

Montez did get reps in fall camp. He gets reps in the practice team. He had his chance to earn the playing time this year and he simply wasn't ready. Thats the reality of not being a superstar high school qb. Most of the time they don't come in ready to play right away. Thats not a knock against Montez, its just reality.

If you are HCMM at this point, you roll the dice....if you assume his job is on the line this year. I heard a bit differently about Montez, by the way. He may have been ready had the staff decided to work him along side Sefo instead of the scout team....not saying it was not the correct decision before the season, based on Sefo's assumed improvement.

If you are HCMM at this point, you roll the dice....if you assume his job is on the line this year. I heard a bit differently about Montez, by the way. He may have been ready had the staff decided to work him along side Sefo instead of the scout team....not saying it was not the correct decision before the season, based on Sefo's assumed improvement.

Personally I would rather they don't waste the redshirt for 7 games.

Last edited:
This is where I get aggravated. These arguments who plays... The best damn player at that position plays, end. I don't care if they are a walk on freshmen. If they are the best option, roll their ass' out there. Not only does that give you the best shot at winning, it also creates competition throughout the team. We see teams all over the country every year trotting freshmen out in front of experienced upperclassmen. That is the same teams that we look at and say "damn, that kid is still there" ? meaning - Locket was at Ksu for 20 years, martinez was at nu for 10 years, etc
Play the best player

on the money assessment....

Most impressive True Frosh QB in the game is Brett Rypien. That kid was very ready to play at this level and goes thru his progressions on another whole level than some others with a lot more experience. Ahem.

Sometimes, athletes lose their confidence, or lose their mojo - and sitting is the only way to fix it. Sefo would be sitting if the next guy up was anything, but a serious learning-experience that would result in multiple turnovers and giant mistakes per game. Or our OC is retarded.

This is where I get aggravated. These arguments who plays... The best damn player at that position plays, end. I don't care if they are a walk on freshmen. If they are the best option, roll their ass' out there. Not only does that give you the best shot at winning, it also creates competition throughout the team. We see teams all over the country every year trotting freshmen out in front of experienced upperclassmen. That is the same teams that we look at and say "damn, that kid is still there" ? meaning - Locket was at Ksu for 20 years, martinez was at nu for 10 years, etc
Play the best player

The true freshmen starting over vets were truly elite QB's in HS. We don't have that on our roster.

Most impressive True Frosh QB in the game is Brett Rypien. That kid was very ready to play at this level and goes thru his progressions on another whole level than some others with a lot more experience. Ahem.

Sometimes, athletes lose their confidence, or lose their mojo - and sitting is the only way to fix it. Sefo would be sitting if the next guy up was anything, but a serious learning-experience that would result in multiple turnovers and giant mistakes per game. Or our OC is retarded.
Just how much of a change would that be in your opinion?

I think its pretty clear that he is the best option on the roster. So I don't see what the huge argument is about. Be pissed off at the coaches for not recruiting better QB's. Not bringing in higher competition.

I would agree he is better than Gehrke, but how do we know what Apsay or Montez can do in a real game situation?

I would agree he is better than Gehrke, but how do we know what Apsay or Montez can do in a real game situation?

I don't think Montez is a valid option right now. I think for his benefit you keep the redshirt on him. Its not like we are going to be competing for a division title or anything like it so let him have the benefit of a 5th year. Going through the Tyler Hansen ordeal I am now firmly a believer in that if the kid is on a redshirt you preserve it all cost.

Apsay is intriguing only because he appears a little lighter on his feet than sefo, and has a quick release. That being said, his throws against Nicholls were not hard, and they were against the 3rd string defense of the worst team in D1. His size gives me concern behind the sieve we have for an o-line. I think he may get really hurt back there given how poor we are in pass pro. Sefo at least has the mass to absorb some of those hits.

I don't think Montez is a valid option right now. I think for his benefit you keep the redshirt on him. Its not like we are going to be competing for a division title or anything like it so let him have the benefit of a 5th year. Going through the Tyler Hansen ordeal I am now firmly a believer in that if the kid is on a redshirt you preserve it all cost.

Apsay is intriguing only because he appears a little lighter on his feet than sefo, and has a quick release. That being said, his throws against Nicholls were not hard, and they were against the 3rd string defense of the worst team in D1. His size gives me concern behind the sieve we have for an o-line. I think he may get really hurt back there given how poor we are in pass pro. Sefo at least has the mass to absorb some of those hits.

Maybe Apsay can use those light feet to avoid getting smashed on every single dropback and look to make some plays with his legs. There are a ton of smaller QBs who have success (Manziel) because they can avoid pressure and get rid of the ball quickly.

Maybe I am alone in my thinking....but HCMM is going into deperation mode. He is not on the five year plan, like he suggests in his post-practice video. He needs to roll the dice, which is completely against his nature, as we all know.

Maybe Apsay can use those light feet to avoid getting smashed on every single dropback and look to make some plays with his legs. There are a ton of smaller QBs who have success (Manziel) because they can avoid pressure and get rid of the ball quickly.
May I point out Koy Detmer looked like a 14 y.o. He did OK. I remember walking past him on campus and thinking, "why is this Jr. High kid wearing CU football gear?". Dude looked like he would break in a stiff breeze, but he sure as hell got it done.

Again. Manziel was a star. If Apsay showed any sign of that level of play in practice, he would be starting. Texas A&M also didn't let their QB get blown up every other play. They had a competent, top tier SEC level, O-Line.

Back