1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MacIntyre was kind of salty in post-practice interviews today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I don't know what it means, but it's a different side of him. Nowhere near as patient with questions as I'm used to seeing from him. Not smiling. Kind of short and grumpy.

I think if it's him being pissed off and showing no tolerance for the crap he saw Friday night, then it's a good thing.

But if it's defensiveness as we saw with Hawkins and Embree when it was getting away from them, then we're in trouble.

I'm anxious for Saturday to see how this staff and team rebounds from adversity.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1676351

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Best part was Mac wanting to know who said we were physically outmatched.....heads gonna roll.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Who said it? Hell, who didn't say it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'd say suffering from so many runs-up-the-gut would be a great indicator of being physically overmatched. I sort of hope coaches would recognize that. They may want to hush up the talk, sure, but I hope they'll do something more than be tough on Monday Morning QB Press Conferences.

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Only other time he was like this that I remember was after the Arizona game last year, only he wasn't quite as talkative then. Haven't seen him do anything but talk football straight up after games or practices, very unlike his two predecessor's. I really want to like this guy, but man Friday night was bad.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I pray it isn't the beginning of defensiveness. Watching Hawk-Love turn into 'Hawk I Hate My Life' sucked ass

7. SuperBuff

SuperBuff Club Member Club Member

After watching the interview I'd say he was a bit testy. I wonder if one could attribute that to him/staff realizing mistakes in their scheme and play calling and not want to rehash those things.

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

He should be testy. He just got ****ing exposed by a ****ing Mwc team. They better find a way and soon to get this going.

9. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

More concerned that he thinks Honolulu is closer to Boulder than Foxboro, who the hell told him that tidbit about it being the longest roadtrip ever?

10. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Dave Plati - but don't worry, everyone says Plati is amazing

11. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

All I know is, he should be pissed. Also those guys are damn lucky I'm not coaching, this week would be a mutha****er lol.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

The Dal Ward has had one seriously pissed off coach this week, not too sure how much worse it could be with you haha

13. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

Good. Show some ****ing pride. This one is on the staff.

14. BuffLuKe

Yes sir, what it's all about. Tini you don't even know boss, we would toughen up in a week with me,, trust me lol.

15. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

A pile of headless burning bodies on the sideline usually works wonders.

SuperBuff likes this.
  16. BuffLuKe

That was a low blow you bastard lol.

17. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Well, he wasn't a math major, obviously

18. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Yeah, that was made obvious between his Massachusetts is further away than Hawaii comment, along with his 45% & 65% comment. Oops, and both were in the same interview.

19. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Interesting the change in demeanor. Happened when CU 'broke' Hawkins. Happened with CU 'broke' Embree. I think it just shows that beneath the facade of fluff and feel good rhetoric, the common denominator is winning/losing.

20. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

How'd you come up with that?

21. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

65% of the time, he's right EVERY time!

Eh? Ehhhhh?

Anyway... I don't know how a coach couldn't be salty on the Monday after a loss like that. I'd be bothered if he was aloof about it. I would expect to see our team come out with a fire under their ass. If not, well ****. I still like Mac a lot more than his last two predecessors, but this is a big time challenge for him. The honeymoon phase is gone and fans need to see signs of SOMETHING positive or it's going to be ugly... I hope this is as salty as we get to see Mac.

SuperBuff likes this.
  22. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

If I were him, I would be more testy at my defensive coordinator for never calling run blitzes, when 99% of CSU's offensive plays were runs up the middle. Or I would be more testy at myself for not mentioning this to the defensive coordinator during the game

23. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, we already got a good dose of that with Hawkins.

24. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Adding to my last post...

Mac appeared to be at a Level 7 saltiness. If he gets to Level 10, I see the potential for a rant that tops Hawk's "It's the Big 12/Division 1 football".

Maybe something along the lines of...

Mac: "IT'S THE ROCKY MTN SHOWDOWN!!! IT'S PRETTY MUCH INTRAMURALS, BROTHER. I DIDN'T OVERDOSE ON HYDROXYCUT FOR THIS ****! I'M LATE FOR SPIN CLASS! WHERE'S MY VISOR!?!"

25. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I thought it was interesting that he specifically pointed out their inability to get off the field on several third and long situations. That's the ball game in a nutshell. CSU converted on their important conversions, CU did not (goal line from the one comes immediately to mind).

I'm a huge believer in third down efficiency. It tips the field in your favor. We were flat out horrible on third down, both offensively and defensively.

26. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

BTW- I didn't see any shades of Hawkins in that interview. No trying to divert from the issue. No changing the subject. No playing the "this is a process" card. He recognized what the problems were and said they need to do a better job in those areas.

27. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

He'd damned well better be pissed. As a matter of fact, I don't think he was pissed enough. Maybe he was looking at the round trip mileage to Boston and back vs. one way to Hawaii.

As as an aside, my loathing of the csu HC just went up a couple more notches after seeing his petulant, whiny press conference on the news. He was pissed because Hancock got his name wrong after the game. What a dip **** asshole.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    SuperBuff likes this.
  28. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

It's the truth.

Could not stay on the field when we had to, could not get off the field when we had to. It felt a bit like the OC on offense, and the D line on defense. I may be wrong on both but that was my take from the 3rd level (my donor up charge elevated far away view).

29. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

C'mon. If the media gets his name wrong how will he ever get the recognition to get out of that job?

30. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Stirring the pot a bit starting this tread, imo. He's pissed he lost a game we really needed to win for any hope of a bowl, of course he's salty. Everyone on the board is a bit hypercritical at this point. If he came out his normal chipper self a thread would have been started, "Macintyre doesn't care about loss or season".

I think it's time to officially bury this loss and move on to this weeks game. We have 11 meaningful games ahead of us. If we can play well enough in a majority of those, the CSU game won't mean a thing at the end of the year.