What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre´s new "tradition"

They also vote every week before the game on who they think will "Drop the hammer."

I like it, and it will be fun to go to Central Arky game next weekend and see who gets to carry the sledgehammer - seems like a good method of reminding players of success from game to game.

Walker had a good hit in the 4th quarter---you could hear it in the stands. Gillam's was the most consequential and Orms' the prettiest.

Well, his new tradition sure has us talking about big hits and stuff. I'd imagine the players are thinking about it as well. That is probably the desired effect, don't you think?

Definitely Gillam. That hit over the middle to stop them on 4th was sick! Pancake.
Orms' was glitzy, but that dude wasn't catching the ball anyway.

Can we all agree that Uzo-Diribe gets the toolbox for sticking with the play and causing the fumble?

This is the kind of stuff that we ridiculed under Hawkins because he was a DB and it just seemed so "made for TV". But when a coach like Parcells (as an example) is handing out these awards, it works.

I'm going to guess this has some meaning in our locker room.

Reading about what you guys 'think' is laughable.

They could where pink tutus for all I care so long as they win or look look like they tried and were properly prepared if they didn't.

Go **** yourselves. We won the game. We have a new coach that seems to have his **** together. But we're going to pick apart 'this' or 'that'?

:rofl:

Can we all agree that Uzo-Diribe gets the toolbox for sticking with the play and causing the fumble?

Chad Brown agrees with you on this one! He was very impressed with that play! I was stunned when the announcer said he had caused the fumble, I was complaining about Uzo being held per pass rush. What a play!

This is the kind of stuff that we ridiculed under Hawkins because he was a DB and it just seemed so "made for TV". But when a coach like Parcells (as an example) is handing out these awards, it works.

How soon we forget: MAC I had his weekly T-shirts for the players.....every coach has his own schtick.

Oh! That's right! Many of you pups weren't even members of the Lucky Sperm Club when Mac did his thing. You only know what you've read.

How soon we forget: MAC I had his weekly T-shirts for the players.....every coach has his own schtick.

Oh! That's right! Many of you pups weren't even members of the Lucky Sperm Club when Mac did his thing. You only know what you've read.

and some still have the shirts.

Regarding the toolbox: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209248520&DB_OEM_ID=600

....More commitment was asked of them, and finally on Thursday night in the Dal Ward Athletic Center auditorium, MacIntyre asked each player to put their personal commitment for Sunday’s opener against Colorado State in writing.

It didn’t stop there.

When they were done writing, MacIntyre had each player stand and read their commitment to the team. Then, one-by-one after reading, they filed to the front of the auditorium and dropped their sheets of paper in a black metal tool box.

I like it and think it's a good thing. Most teams have something for their best performers each game, whether it's which units get a steak dinner, helmet stickers, etc. VT has a lunchbox but I think that's more of a team thing, but I believe they let the best performer from the previous week carry it out onto the field.

Walker had a good hit in the 4th quarter---you could hear it in the stands. Gillam's was the most consequential and Orms' the prettiest.

Was he #26 or 29? Watching on TV, someone had a good pop late in the game, but I had no idea who it was. He looks pretty thick, maybe a safety in the future.

Also, after reading the Brooks piece on the toolbox, its pretty sweet.

FWIW, it's okay to think some stuff is cheesy and not get worked up either way. Some of you can joke around every once in a while when it comes to HCMM.

At least it's better than Hawk giving a juice box to best sideline cheerleader...

(No, that didn't happen.)

Back