What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown reportedly stepping down

The Shag is HI. LARIOUS. The classic was someone asking if Mack would send his goons to take care of Chip Brown. Response: I bet Mack does send Huel, I mean MadDog over....huell.jpgmaddog.jpg

The Texas Rivals site has an impressively delusional coaching hot board right now.

Listed in order, Saban is listed at high odds, the rest of these at medium. Every name has a little write-up with them and why they'd be great for UT:

Saban
Urban Meyer
Jimbo Fischer
Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Gus Malzahn
Art Briles

Muschamp, Franklin, Charlie Strong, Gary Patterson, and Pat Fitzgerald are listed at the bottom under low probability.

The Texas Rivals site has an impressively delusional coaching hot board right now.

Listed in order, Saban is listed at high odds, the rest of these at medium. Every name has a little write-up with them and why they'd be great for UT:

Saban
Urban Meyer
Jimbo Fischer
Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Gus Malzahn
Art Briles

Muschamp, Franklin, Charlie Strong, Gary Patterson, and Pat Fitzgerald are listed at the bottom under low probability.
Those "low probability" might end up being their best shots.

Saban
Urban Meyer
Jimbo Fischer
Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Gus Malzahn
Art Briles

Do they refer to themselves as the BSDs over there as well? Remember, being born in Texas is an accomplishment which makes you special.

It was all a joke and he has not resigned or been fired. Possible the greatest prank ever?

It was all a joke and he has not resigned or been fired. Possible the greatest prank ever?

If somebody is so grateful to be alive that they hardly mind they're wearing a fake beard made out of pubes, then it's not the greatest prank ever.

Personally, I see it as a win/win situation. The ****storm about firing/resignation has now been very entertaining. If they keep Mack=win. If he goes, still more entertainment to come.

This will be interesting. I don't see Saban going for a lot of reasons. They will want a big name (it won't be shanahan - other than with a few Bronco fans he does not have bling in his name).

As a Texas alum, I don't really care who they hire as long as Mack's gone. I would like to draw the line at Hawk or Embree however. The American Statesman is reporting a house hunting trip by Saban's wife. Evidently they have bought a little 2.8 mil shack on the lake as a "vacation" home. Only the Shadow knows..........Go Buffs

As a Texas alum, I don't really care who they hire as long as Mack's gone. I would like to draw the line at Hawk or Embree however. The American Statesman is reporting a house hunting trip by Saban's wife. Evidently they have bought a little 2.8 mil shack on the lake as a "vacation" home. Only the Shadow knows..........Go Buffs

I believe they used to have a lake home in West Virginia that they sold. Just shows that the coverage of Saban is overblown if I know **** like that. But they had an ESPN thing on Saban in the offseason where they talked about it and the Austin house hunt was on the Colin Cowherd show while I was driving from CA to CO. Yes, I'm making excuses. But, damnit, there's so much sports coverage that most of the talking heads have become part Perez Hilton talking more about the personal lives and fashion choices of athletes & coaches.

For what it is worth, Kurt Herbstreit said today that there is absolutely no way Saban will be the next UT coach.

[tweet]410579851360223232[/tweet]

its from the TCU guy at the Fort Worth star telegram

While this would shake up the college football world, this is starting to get ridiculous. And now that Chip Brown is involved, I REALLY hope this all blows up in his face so he is shown to be a blowhard idiot yet again and UT ends up with Applewhite or Muschamp as coach and continues the clockwise spiral down the toilet bowl of despair.

Remember when Kirk had Les Miles going to Michigan and then said he was done with "reporting news?"

Yes! Today's interview was funny....he said that Saban will coach another five years for Alabama, then move to the booth.

Well, if Saban is going to Texas, I hope we find out in time so that Bama fan who is selling all his Bama stuff can keep it after all.

Back