1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 13

Discussion in 'Games' started by NashBuff, Jul 10, 2012.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Anyone planning on getting that game this year despite the lack of the ability to transfer your roster from NCAA FB 13 to Madden 13 this year?

The NCAA FB series has been my primary football series since the 1998 edition mainly due to the ability to change your playbooks to your liking. Madden 12 finally had that feature last year (same for its college football sibling) and I don't know if it made it to this year's game or not. What caught my attention for this year's Madden are:

New physics engine. This was left out of NCAA FB 13 this year so most likely it will be in NCAA FB 14. I think the people behind the Backbreaker football games are behind this.

[video=youtube;XemxPrX2Q0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemxPrX2Q0s&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

New Connected Careers. Basically replaces Franchise Mode, Online Mode, & SuperStar Mode and brings it under one new feature.

Kinect. Will be usuable for XBox 360 owners only. No PS Move on the PS3 (I have that but I never use it).

Control Scheme. Will be exactly the same as NCAA FB 13. This is the first time that the control scheme is the same for both games in the same year.

Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL_13

That is the most changes I have seen with Madden between seasons so I'm checking it out.

2. NashBuff

I have no clue when the Madden 13 demo will come out on XBL and PSN but since the NCAA FB 13 demo came out about a month before the actual game came out, that would mean the demo should come out on PSN on July 31st since it's on a Tuesday and the Playstation Store usually updates every Tuesday. Don't know about XBL so the XBoxers can fill in here.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

physics engine is cool. Definitely looks like it needs a year or two of polishing though.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

5. HolyBuff

HolyBuff Member

i am planning on getting it....can we do an online dyn like we do with NCAA?

6. Quattro

Yeah you can.

7. HolyBuff

HolyBuff Member

sweet!

8. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

Bad thing is importing draft class from ncaa feature is gone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

9. NashBuff

I can download Madden 12 to my PS3's HDD at a later date and play that game if I want to use that feature. Madden 12 is down to $39.99 right now and should be down to $19.99 eventually. I haven't seen a price cut from NCAA FB 12 on the PSN store yet but it should come.

10. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Why'd they get rid of that? That was the only reason I even bothered buying Madden '10 & '11 (it wasn't enough to get me to buy last year's version).

11. Quattro

I think it has to do with compatibility issues between Madden's new engine and NCAA's old engine. Hopefully it'll be fixed with next years NCAA.

12. NashBuff

Let me add that it's easier to put in a new engine into a game with 32 teams than 124 teams. That is why with every new console genernation, they do the Madden game first.

13. ZKobalt

Madden developer said they weren't satisfied with the ratings of NCAA imported players. Something like that.

Goose likes this.
  14. NashBuff

Since the game controls are synched up with NCAA FB 13 this year and perhaps for the forseeable future, one thing that I'm dying to find out is if we could run the option in Madden 13. I know there were like a few of them in the last couple of Madden games but they were limited to motion plays and the computer was doing the option for you instead of you doing the option.

Just imagine running the option with Vick, Vince Young, Tebow, and any other QB who were able to run the option in college football. That is something I really did enjoy with Tebow as QB for the Broncos...that old school football in the NFL.

15. NashBuff

[video=youtube;4NHaDqgakgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4NHaDqgakgY[/video]

16. Darth Snow

Kinda confused by the play. The OL is leaving not one, but TWO DL unblocked. Makes the first option almost impossible to use.

17. NashBuff

The DE plays a huge part in determining whether to keep or pitch the ball. It appears me that the Madden people are struggling to get it right with the option.

18. Darth Snow

:lol: my problem isn't with the DE play (the "read" left DE appears to be programmed correctly), but instead the OL's repeated failure to block the RE, which allows him to come unblocked and blow up the first option every single time. Basically makes it a speed option to the right that is slow.

19. NashBuff

Didn't catch that...I guess they used NCAA FB 12's option system instead of NCAA FB 13's option system. :bang:

20. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Top 10 QBs

Aaron Rodgers: 99
    Tom Brady: 98
    Drew Brees: 98
    Eli Manning: 97
    Ben Roethlisberger: 95
    Peyton Manning: 93
    Philip Rivers: 92
    Matthew Stafford: 91
    Tony Romo: 90
    Michael Vick: 89

RBs

MJD 97
    AD 97
    Foster 96
    Shady McCoy 95
    Rice 95
    Forte 93
    Gore 92
    S-Jax 92
    Charles 91
    Turner 91

21. NashBuff

I think I will get Madden around Christmas...having too much fun with NCAA FB 13 to think of any other game. I'm seriously considering buying only football games from now on given how much those football games have to offer these days.

22. ZKobalt

Connected career as D-Thomas.

[video=youtube;o6jqtycw2Us]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jqtycw2Us&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Anyone played the demo yet?

23. NashBuff

I just played with the demo. There are more animations in Madden compared to NCAA but nothing special. You can share your results via Twitter which I did and via Facebook. That doesn't increase the wow factor of this game.

I played on All Madden and lost by a TD in my lone game because I kept getting picked off in the demo like I would in NCAA FB 13.

I'm leaning towards not getting this game and getting Madden 12 so I can have a college career then a NFL career. I traded two Batman games and got a $20 PSN card so that means I would only need another $20 for Madden 12.

I'm sure the Connected career stuff will find its way into NCAA FB 14 or the ability to share your results via social media and waiting another year wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Since there are a lot of new stuff, I suspect there will be bugs in the game given EA Sports' history. That is why with new and cool stuff, it starts in Madden first because there are only 32 teams compared to 124 for NCAA FB.

I will see what else I can get out of the demo before making a definitive decision.

24. NashBuff

I will get Madden 13 for sure due to the new stuff and will trade in games & PS Move stuff since I never use that stuff so I might get enough to cover for Madden 13. I'm going all football in videogame for the forseeable future. Very excited about this due to the P12 Network, my 4C Sports blog, and the videogame football.

Maybe I'll get to whip some of you on the virtual gridiron someday.

25. ZKobalt

If anyone has EA Sports Ticket, it's out now. Took me hour and 30mins to download.

26. NashBuff

I'm getting the game later this week through the Playstation Store.

Can't wait to play as the Broncos in those rightful orange jerseys...maybe I'll try the orange uniform and blue pant combo for the fun of it.

Also I think it would be wise to expect some issues since this is basically a new game and there will be bugs to be worked out.

Given how much Best Buy or GameStop rips you off for the resale value of the games themselves, I'm never buying a game based disc game again.

27. ZKobalt