1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main complaint

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Matt, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

Did I hit my head during the game or did we really call a draw play 3 times in a row all for big loss? :bang:

2. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

yeah, that sucked.

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Not sure what the **** was going on there.. I was wondering if Watson snuck into the coaching booth or something.. Didn't make much sense..

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That was bad, as is the infatuation with handing the ball off to a WR in motion. Running that play 4-5 times a game doesn't work, especially against a fast defense. I really starting to wonder if Helfrich is in over his head.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

give Helfrich some time.. I know it didn't show tonight and the center not being able to hike the ball to Cody in the shotgun is just inexcusable and the draws that lose 4 yards is ridiculous, but we do actually look like an offense out there, unlike last year.. Its a work in progress.. I think this team will have some moments against teams that aren't as talented down the road..We need to get better on the offensive line before I can make a judgement on whether Helfrich is good or not.. At times we are trying to move the ball down the field with smoke and mirrors and not pure talent..

We don't have a real identity yet on offense, but at least we can throw a pass (although catching one is still a problem:lol:) and that's light years ahead of last year's offense.. Its a young team.. We'll get better..

6. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

That is #1 on my wish list. I have never been a fan of a draw on second or third and long. I think it says desperation to opposing defenses. I think anymore they are ready for it anyway.

#2. I hope our O-line gets more schooling and experience on run blocking pretty quick. I didn't attend the game but from TV it sure looks like we have no running game again this season.

#3. I hope the recruits that were there payed close attn, and the key ones that weren't like D. Scott watched on the telly. They will see how much help we need and and that they can come in and in many cases play right away.

Hats off to the defense. From what I saw they have nothing to be ashamed of. Will we miss Dizon or what?

7. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They also had to like the fact that CU has a promising QB with no receivers to throw the ball to.

8. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Someone stole Jimmy's login. He has been way too positive recently. Whats the story?

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Anger ---> Denial ----> Acceptance. (Jimmy Buff is now here) :smile2: