What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Major" College Football Conference Realignment expected

I think the 4 team playoff will actually head off the 16 team super conferences. If you have 4 "BCS" super conferences with a 4 team playoff you are right back where we started with the small schools whining about being shut out of the playoff because I can guarantee your the 4 teams in the playoff will be from those 4 conferences. Of course the alternative is creating a whole new division in college football.

14-game schedule works well for 16-team conferences.

7 games against the teams in your division.
4 games against teams in the other division (play everyone twice in 4 years).
3 non-conference games.

nfl 2.0 :sad1:

and, another thing!

if this happens and the p12 goes to 16, how will THAT be good for CU? you have to believe the 4 expansion schools include some texassss contingent. we'll end up in some eastern division with a bunch of ****ing a-holes that we just go away from.

We'd likely be in a pod with Arizona, ASU, and Utah.

So you admit what you posted was full of ****? Thanks.
No but which scenario is more likely? Us being podded up with the three other teams I listed or if the conference expands and they bring in UT, OU, OSU, and one other school from Texass (either TT or Bailor)?

No but which scenario is more likely? Us being podded up with the three other teams I listed or if the conference expands and they bring in UT, OU, OSU, and one other school from Texass (either TT or Bailor)?
You know nothing about which scenario is more likely. Absolutely nothing.

You know nothing about which scenario is more likely. Absolutely nothing.
So then what is the basis of Liver's belief that we will be in a pod with Texass? It's been discussed many a time on here about the pods and the one I listed was a pretty common one. Where would ASU, Arizona, and Utah be in the pod system? With USC and UCLA? Then what about Cal and Stanford? We all know that the California schools want to play each other every year and grouping the four California schools would alleviate a lot of scheduling issues getting that done.

So then what is the basis of Liver's belief that we will be in a pod with Texass? It's been discussed many a time on here about the pods and the one I listed was a pretty common one. Where would ASU, Arizona, and Utah be in the pod system? With USC and UCLA? Then what about Cal and Stanford? We all know that the California schools want to play each other every year and grouping the four California schools would alleviate a lot of scheduling issues getting that done.

Stop trying to make this about someone else in an effort to deflect attention from the fact that you made a statement that you have now admitted multiple times was complete speculative bull****.

Stop trying to make this about someone else in an effort to deflect attention from the fact that you made a statement that you have now admitted multiple times was complete speculative bull****.
Just basing it on what would make the most sense. I find it funny how you didn't say anything about Liver's comment eventhough it has the least amount of plausible basis. EVERYTHING right now in this thread is speculative! The 14 game is speculative, the ruining of college football is speculative, the 14 games leading to academic issues is speculative, the expansion is speculative. I can go on. Hell, 98% OF EVERYTHING on this board is speculative.

tini, i was simply speculating on a likely outcome. it requires one to engage in a bit of non-linear, abstract thinking so best if you avoid trying it. it might overload your central nervous system. and, as your underutilized synapses unexpectedly fire in a futile effort to process an abstract thought, it might be dangerous for you. your heart might stop beating or you might stop breathing while your brain tries to redirect traffic. don't say i didn't try to help you avoid this fate if your mom comes into the basement and finds you in a coma or something.

Just basing it on what would make the most sense. I find it funny how you didn't say anything about Liver's comment eventhough it has the least amount of plausible basis. EVERYTHING right now in this thread is speculative! The 14 game is speculative, the ruining of college football is speculative, the 14 games leading to academic issues is speculative, the expansion is speculative. I can go on. Hell, 98% OF EVERYTHING on this board is speculative.

"HE DID IT TOO" is the prime argument of whiny children. Are you really sticking with that?

And you didn't speculate. You stated the probability of something as if you had knowledge. You got called out. Admit it. Or you can keep pointing at Liver and crying. Which he is probably used to, but usually from his mail order brides, not you.

tini, i was simply speculating on a likely outcome.
Weird, because so was I, but I don't think your conclusion is very likely since the expansion to 16 would likely come from Texass unless UNM or another MWC team steps it up big time.

"HE DID IT TOO" is the prime argument of whiny children. Are you really sticking with that?

And you didn't speculate. You stated the probability of something as if you had knowledge. You got called out. Admit it. Or you can keep pointing at Liver and crying. Which he is probably used to, but usually from his mail order brides, not you.
So what, to you, seems unlikely about us being in a pod with the teams I listed? I'm basing my statement on what seems to be the most likely scenario. Here, let me break down what I think the pods would look like and I'll wait for you to tell me if it doesn't make any sense seeing as how the expansion would likely go through Texass...

NW:
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

California:
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Cal

Central:
CU
ASU
UA
Utah

Southwest:
Texass
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Bailor/Texas Tech

So what, to you, seems unlikely about us being in a pod with the teams I listed? I'm basing my statement on what seems to be the most likely scenario. Here, let me break down what I think the pods would look like and I'll wait for you to tell me if it doesn't make any sense seeing as how the expansion would likely go through Texass...

NW:
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

California:
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Cal

Central:
CU
ASU
UA
Utah

Southwest:
Texass
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Bailor/Texas Tech
I see the Tini cycle of arguing is continuing. You said "likely." That is stronger than saying "maybe" or simply speculating. You have admitted that you know nothing beyond the above list of teams, which has its positives and negatives to the power above.

If you are going to back up your statement with nothing more than a list of teams in different pods that you like... I gotta tell ya man, your evidence sucks.

Oh and Nik has actually submitted evidence, which you have ignored. Interesting.

Your scenario is a possible one, but no more than that. Based on the current information, there is NO evidence that it is "likely." Which you have admitted. But continue to argue.

I see the Tini cycle of arguing is continuing. You said "likely." That is stronger than saying "maybe" or simply speculating. You have admitted that you know nothing beyond the above list of teams, which has its positives and negatives to the power above.

If you are going to back up your statement with nothing more than a list of teams in different pods that you like... I gotta tell ya man, your evidence sucks.

Oh and Nik has actually submitted evidence, which you have ignored. Interesting.

Your scenario is a possible one, but no more than that. Based on the current information, there is NO evidence that it is "likely." Which you have admitted. But continue to argue.
You're just taking issue with it because I posted it.

And the large bolded part is the whole point of my posts about this.

You're just taking issue with it because I posted it.

And the large bolded part is the whole point of my posts about this.
WHo the **** said it wasn't a possible one? Are you arguing with a phantom? I took issue with this because:
1) Bored.
2) You make definitive statements with no source/evidence/backup all the time, and it is dumb.
3) I knew you would argue the point.

Finally, do you know the difference between "possible" and "likely"?

WHo the **** said it wasn't a possible one? Are you arguing with a phantom? I took issue with this because:
1) Bored.
2) You make definitive statements with no source/evidence/backup all the time, and it is dumb.
3) I knew you would argue the point.

Finally, do you know the difference between "possible" and "likely"?
1. Yeah no ****.
2. So then what about all the speculation about Texass joining the Pac 12 last summer when everyone flipped a bitch?
3. CSB

Yes

1. Yeah no ****.
2. So then what about all the speculation about Texass joining the Pac 12 last summer when everyone flipped a bitch?
3. CSB

Yes
Good. Now, can you agree to the following:
1. The scenario you posited is possible, but no more.
2. You have no evidence that the scenario is "likely."
3. Therefore, your statement that the scenario was "likely" was completely specious.

Good. Now, can you agree to the following:
1. The scenario you posited is possible, but no more.
2. You have no evidence that the scenario is "likely."
3. Therefore, your statement that the scenario was "likely" was completely specious.
If expansion happens to 16 teams, would that be the likely scenario IF pods were the way Scott handled it? Liver and I were talking about if expansions happens, hence the "likely" portion if expansion happens and if the pods idea is used.

yet another thread deteriorates into a a one-legged ass kicking contest between tini and snow.

I know we don't like it, but I think the most likely scenario if we become the Pac-16 is for it to be two 8-team divisions.

Scott seems to favor that. And I know the traditionalist aspect has a strong appeal among the original Pac-8 programs.

The ideal scenario for the powers that be would still seem to be that we would pull OU, OSU, UT and TTU from the Big 12.

This would create the following:

Pac-16 West
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

Pac-16 East
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
Utah

If the new bowl structure and a 14-game schedule get approved, it makes the superconference structure much more likely.

Personal feelings aside, I have to admit that this is a conference that would be incredibly strong from a competition standpoint while also dominating media and recruiting west of the Mississippi.

I get the impression that Larry Scott and the rest of the Pac 12 wants absolutely nothing to do with Texass. They've now been burned three times by those assholes, and I don't think they have any desire to go down that path again. So to speak to how this impacts CU, I really don't think it will matter one way or the other. If the Pac goes to 14 or 16 teams, but the schedule expands as well, we'll still have plenty of exposure on the West Coast.

Who those other 2-4 teams may be is a mystery to me. I suppose an argument could be made for Air Force, UNLV, UNM and SDSU. However, I don't really know that any of those schools adds to the cache of the conference. UT, as mentioned, is probably a non-starter.

My best guess is that the Pac 12 is done expanding unless some school like UNM or UNLV really ups it's game and makes a solid case for inclusion. That does not mean that the SEC, ACC and Big ? are finished expanding.

I know we don't like it, but I think the most likely scenario if we become the Pac-16 is for it to be two 8-team divisions.

Scott seems to favor that. And I know the traditionalist aspect has a strong appeal among the original Pac-8 programs.

The ideal scenario for the powers that be would still seem to be that we would pull OU, OSU, UT and TTU from the Big 12.

This would create the following:

Pac-16 West
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

Pac-16 East
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
Utah

If the new bowl structure and a 14-game schedule get approved, it makes the superconference structure much more likely.

Personal feelings aside, I have to admit that this is a conference that would be incredibly strong from a competition standpoint while also dominating media and recruiting west of the Mississippi.
Now that is a ****ing awful scenario.

and, another thing!

if this happens and the p12 goes to 16, how will THAT be good for CU? you have to believe the 4 expansion schools include some texassss contingent. we'll end up in some eastern division with a bunch of ****ing a-holes that we just go away from.
note no pod mentioned.
We'd likely be in a pod with Arizona, ASU, and Utah.
Here you interject pods.
If expansion happens to 16 teams, would that be the likely scenario IF pods were the way Scott handled it? Liver and I were talking about if expansions happens, hence the "likely" portion if expansion happens and if the pods idea is used.
Oh. SO IF EVERYTHING HAPPENS AS YOU PRESUME, your scenario is likely. Jesus Tini. No ****.

yet another thread deteriorates into a a one-legged ass kicking contest between tini and snow.
It happens. But you must learn the art of the reverse thread jack. And it was my thread anyways :lol:

Just wondering out loud here, not trying to stir the tornado-laden pot that already exists, but......

If this does happen and the 12PAC expands by 4 more schools, how long before Mr Scott is back in front of the tv exec's renegotiating the broadcast deals?

note no pod mentioned.

Here you interject pods.

Oh. SO IF EVERYTHING HAPPENS AS YOU PRESUME, your scenario is likely. Jesus Tini. No ****.
Hmm looks like I did jump to the pod conclusion, so you got me there, not sure what the point of the third part is though.

Hmm looks like I did jump to the pod conclusion, so you got me there, not sure what the point of the third part is though.

I'm going to refer you to Liver's most recent post. I will give you a hint though: It is tied to the 2d part.

Back