What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Major sanctions for Ohio State?

Why do you people insist on putting the "t" before OSU? **** them, and **** their self-righteous, overly pretentious asses thinking they should get to call themselves "the" anything other than "the most worthless sack of assrot in America."

They even put the "the" on their transcripts. i always cross the "the" out. I haven't gotten in trouble yet.

If we lose expected revenue due to OSU being penalized by the NCAA, we should get something. I'd hope that we'd at least get a home & home in basketball out of them.

Bruce Pearl and Tennessee have just parted ways. Hard to see how Tressel survives if Pearl didn't.

That site is probably ran by Michigan fans. It takes forever for the NCAA to level penalties and I doubt the ones mentioned would be for the tattoo situation or Tressel's lack of action. vacating the 2009 victories or the 2010 victories makes no sense unless there are violations that we are unaware of - I think this is another attempt by an Internet site to throw something at the wall to see if it sticks.

That site is probably ran by Michigan fans. It takes forever for the NCAA to level penalties and I doubt the ones mentioned would be for the tattoo situation or Tressel's lack of action. vacating the 2009 victories or the 2010 victories makes no sense unless there are violations that we are unaware of - I think this is another attempt by an Internet site to throw something at the wall to see if it sticks.

Agree about the speculative nature of this info.

If and it is a big if, vacating 2009 victories is on the table that would mean that Tressel and OSU had violations they were or should have been aware of in that year as well. Big if again, but if that is the case then this goes way deeper and Tressel will have a very hard time keeping his job as OSU goes into damage control mode and uses him for the scapegoat.

I wouldn't believe anything from a site called 'sports tales'. sound like sports tall tales to me.

Plus, as someone said, vacating 2009 wins makes no sense because the violations were in 2010 (unless there is info that is not public). Furthermore, U$C received a 10/scholarship per year reduction for 3 years but no TV ban, while this claims 10 for the first year and 5 for the next 2, but a one year TV ban. Seems rather inconsistent.

But I would like to see the sweater vets get hammered. He's likely to get worse of a punishment than the school. The NCAA has yet to rule on Bruce Pearl, and it's been known since last fall that he lied to the NCAA.

The only way that report makes any kind of sense is if there's a lot more to this NCAA investigation than is known at this time.

But it seems awfully suspicious that a site no one has heard of is delivering accurate inside scoop from the NCAA.

FYI - I found the link on the free Scout board and had never been to the site before providing the link. It may be a pillar of sports journalism, a hack site, or something in between. I have no idea.

not much more, 3 sec titles, 2 sweet-16 births, and a trip to the elite-8 in six years is pretty impressive.

Beat me to it. Pearl won a lot at a non-basketball school. I'm more impressed with what he's done than with what Tressel has accomplished, to be honest.

Beat me to it. Pearl won a lot at a non-basketball school. I'm more impressed with what he's done than with what Tressel has accomplished, to be honest.

Sackman impressed:

6371812_gal.jpg

Pearl just got fired for something newer, but originally, he was suspended 8 games for 'intentionally misleading' the ncaa. If Tressel flatout lied to them, he should arguably be gone for a full year

And, heck, if we lose out on the money, the major reason we agreed to go there I'd say, we should sue theosu and Tressel personally. If they hurt somebody thru intentional bad behavior, they should be responsible.

anyway, Go Buffs!

Back