What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Make A Prediction

Something noone has mentioned yet-HCMM knows how to coach and has beaten CSU with what I hope we could say with a team with worse talent (SJSU). Last year they beat the rammies 40-20 (@SJSU) and the year before beat them 38-31 at the Fort.

He has virtually the same staff and better talent so I think a win is definitely in order. I also think he has the team believing in themselves a bit more and also appears to be a good game-day coach (a good or average game day coach would have won that game last year for the Buffs even with our convoluted offense).

Buffs win Game 1 in the HCMM era. Also convinced Central Arkansas is in the bag too. After that it gets murky but I am convinced we win at least 2 conference games this year and I believe one of them will be a major upset (I am not talking about a WSU).

SJSU was a pretty talented team last year. You're either underestimating them or overestimating CU.

Buffs 402 to zip. But Michael Jordan will be held under 200 points.

Wait... What?

I predict I'll be nauseous if I have to walk out of that ****hole stadium hearing the spammies fight song & smack talk

Oh, make mine 24-17 Buffs

Got a call from the AD today asking me what my prediction was for the upcoming season.

I told her three wins. CSU, Central Arky, and yet to be determined PAC Opponent.

That being said , I predict a stellar sackygate and a CU team playing down to the level of the competition.

27-24 Buffs

a close game, a call to a friend that went to CSU with a lot of smack in both directions then a blackout on the ride home. Buffs 28 lames 24 LaserDeathHawk fuuuuuuuuucked up

I see a close game, with coaching making the difference. M2 will be put to the test and I hope he can do it.

If we only score 13 we have some big issues, offense should not be a weakness on this team.

Tini is drunk on the kool-aid. We HAVE some big issues, thus the worst season ever last year. A first year coaching staff in their first game is very unlikely to have a miracle fix.

Tini is drunk on the kool-aid. We HAVE some big issues, thus the worst season ever last year. A first year coaching staff in their first game is very unlikely to have a miracle fix.

Uh huh basing comments based on resumes of the coaching staff is being drunk on the kool aid? You do know that the Vegas line is 3.5 wins right? Coincidentally my win range is 3-4 wins. I guess Vegas is drunk to.

And lets not think that CSU doesn't have just as many issues right now.

Last edited:
I love tini's optimism. I have a hard time predicting a win in this game, though. The only CU coach to win his debut was Rick Neuhisel.

34-10 Colorado State with the win. Keep recruiting quarterbacks because Wood isn't it: he was unwatchable last year. Dillon ain't it. Hopefully Sefo, but in reality we will be waiting for Webb to come back by mid-season.

34-10 Colorado State with the win. Keep recruiting quarterbacks because Wood isn't it: he was unwatchable last year. Dillon ain't it. Hopefully Sefo, but in reality we will be waiting for Webb to come back by mid-season.

So players can't progress in a year and we're already counting out a redshirt freshman? Jesus you are way overrating CSU...by a lot. With below average coaching last year we take that game with ease.

I love tini's optimism. I have a hard time predicting a win in this game, though. The only CU coach to win his debut was Rick Neuhisel.

If Embree could almost coach this team to a win last year against CSU with all those freshman (ie. first college football game for all of them) then MacIntyre sure as hell can win with this team. Also, MacIntyre > McElwain

I can't be sure until MacIntyre's bio and the bios of all his assistants are posted.

With new coaches and a new qb, predicting a score is a little tricky. So I'll say that on the 10th anniversary of the lightning game (aka the most fun cu/csu game ever) this guy...

BroncosMilesStatue-336x500.jpg

...will be strucketh down by a bolt from the heavens and turned into this guy...

devilhorse.jpg

Uh huh basing comments based on resumes of the coaching staff is being drunk on the kool aid? You do know that the Vegas line is 3.5 wins right? Coincidentally my win range is 3-4 wins. I guess Vegas is drunk to.

And lets not think that CSU doesn't have just as many issues right now.

You are referencing Vegas to predict this win? You do realize that Vegas has CSU favored to win this game don't you?

And no, CSU does not have as many issues as Colorado does right now.

You are referencing Vegas to predict this win? You do realize that Vegas has CSU favored to win this game don't you?

And no, CSU does not have as many issues as Colorado does right now.
Not on 5dimes where it is a pk, haven't looked at any other sites about a line. I'm talking about the overall season win o/u on Vegas, which is 3.5 wins, which is right in my win prediction range, which includes this game.

And yes, CSU has big issues, just as many as we do. You are way overrating them, just because they went 4-8 last year does not mean that they were not an absolute dog**** of a team. Did you watch the game last year? Even Embree's dumbass nearly beat them and would have if he was even a below average coach. We have more talent and better coaching....and PRich who I really, really doubt CSU has anyone who can cover him without leaving the whole other side of the field or the slot wide open. CSU's defense is very suspect as well.

Last year we saw how many freshman play their first D1 football game? A LOT, and despite that CSU's more veteran team barely pulled it out. There's never an excuse to lose this game and this year is no different.

Last edited:
A player will standout in this match up of two wayward programs with us as a likely underdog. Who will have the most impact? It's gonna be P Rich if healthy (agree with 'Tini) come game time. I see him having a huge game and Rams don't match that scoring "field tilt". Also see improvement per Pow Pow assuming he is clear to play. Our secondary with increased game experience and maturity provides an improved result.... Buffs 35 Rams 27

Gotta stop the bleeding sometime.... mize well be against the Rams

I know Tini and I are amongst the Kool-Aid drinkers in the AB crowd but I must say I side with him that we should win this game. As he said we should virtually always win this game. We are always going to have better talent than them which means it mostly comes down to coaching.

I think the other Mc is a pretty good coach too so I would call coaching maybe a tossup or slight lean to our Mac and company given what they have proven they can do together-and they did beat CSU the past few years with what could reasonably be stated as lower tier talent.

We should win this game. Not guaranteeing it but we should. If HCMM is able to build up their self esteem, get them to play as a unit, implement a more reasonable offensive and defensive scheme, and make reasonable half-time adjustments (I know that is a lot of ifs), than we win this game.

Back