1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malcom Creer

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Out for the season with a torn mcl and possible acl, poor kid I really liked his size as a change of pace. Can he still get a medical redshirt since he only played 1.5 games?

Only bright spot is we get speedy back for this week.

2. Del

Del Member

So will he be able to keep his redshirt then since he only played two games?

3. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

No, part of the medical red-shirt rules if that you do not qualify for a medical red-shirt if you play in the second half of the season.
    It's a shame, but that's the rule as I understand it ....

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I think you may be right. Well if its the knee injury is as bad as it sounds he may need a full year to recover. He will at least be able to redshirt next year.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Sad to say... He's gonna red shirt next year. For whatever reason, guys who come back from knee injuries for us have not been the same, and have definitely not been ready to go again in less than a year... Perkins, major, bonus, shannon, etc. knee injuries have been a long slog back lately, and guys have returned slower every time.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Damn, can't catch a break with the injuries this season. Hope he heals quick.

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Major has dropped way off in terms of speed and change of direction, not even close to pre-injury. I hope that another off season will let him work himself back closer to where he was.

A step up by Bonsu would be a huge help as well.

8. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I was wondering the same thing this morning. Here is what I found from the NCAA regarding rules for redshirting: The following situation must be met per NCAA rules: a) the incapacitating injury or illness occurs either during the senior; year of high school or during one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition, b) the injury or illness occurs prior to the first half of the playing season that concludes with the NCAA Championship in that sport, and c) the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests or 20% of the scheduled contests (whichever is greater).

My bet is that we apply for his redshirt and that we have a damn good chance of getting it. Also, I do not agree with those above who want to rule out Creer from being a real contributor later. Many players in many sports have come back from knee injuries.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

boydbuff, the problem is that those are "and" requirements, not "or". Injury occurred in the 2nd half of the season. An exception would need to be made. We should ask for it, but it's not a certainty that Creer would be granted the redshirt.

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

The season started on September 1 and runs through January 9 (BCS Championship game). We're still in the first half of the calendar season. Come on, Snow, make it work!

11. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

why all the knee injuries? and bummer for this kid... hang in there Creer, get healthy

12. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

In Creer's case did you see the shot he took? He got rippled by 2 guys on that knee. Superman would have blown his knee out on that play. Poor kid, was playing well. The injuries are unreal this year, never seen anything like it.

13. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

it is suppose to snow this week in this part of the state - I hope we get a blizzard of 97' on thursday evening in Boulder

14. bbads

bbads Member

[mod edit]GRAPHIC PICTURE WARNING[/modedit]

[hide] c.jpg [/hide]

pretty brutal picture. hope hes on his path to a speedy recovery. i know he got surgery couple days ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Hurts just looking at it. Hope for a fast and complete recovery.

16. bbads

bbads Member

sorry bout not warning about the pic. thanks mods

17. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Out of curiosity - Where'd you find the pic? ASU press release? Burfict's own website?

18. bbads

bbads Member

malcom posted it

19. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

:wow: Guess he's using it as motivation or something. But hey, if it inspires him during rehab/physical therapy, so be it! Just gruesome though...

20. Gramburglar

Gramburglar Literally has hundreds of dollars Club Member

looks like Willis McGahee's knee from that Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State. He is still doing fine. Get better Malcom.

21. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Von Miller's FB page.